Clear All

• Which Should Hold More Power?

Simple question. No dancing.
    Corporations
    10.00%
    Government
    90.00%

tough question

I said Corporations, which hopefully means lower taxes. And hopefully means, things will cost less.

Comment

I am here to sign the dotted line on the Social Contract, Ro.

Comment

Until we can vote in and out CEO's of corporations and all their policies are in plain view of the public you have to say government.

Corporations are in business for one thing and one thing only. To make money for their investors... that is it. They do not have a conscience and they do not care about the American people and they cannot be voted out at during elections.

Comment

The People. And the people make up both government and corporations. What we must strive for is balance.

Comment

Charlton Heston

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
              Until we can vote in and out CEO's of corporations and all their policies are in plain view of the public you have to say government.

Corporations are in business for one thing and one thing only. To make money for their investors... that is it. They do not have a conscience and they do not care about the American people and they cannot be voted out at during elections.
              This is not true.

Comment

Simple question. No dancing.

The government as conceived by the founding fathers - not the government as it exists today (read: complete merger of government power with corporate interests.)

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                  The People. And the people make up both government and corporations. What we must strive for is balance.
                  Agreed. It is not possible to answer this without dancing.

Maybe I'm a pessimist but I can't help but read it as either all corporations are bad or all government is bad so pick your poison.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                    I said Corporations, which hopefully means lower taxes. And hopefully means, things will cost less.
                    You think giving a corporation more power will lead to lower prices?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                      Agreed. It is not possible to answer this without dancing.

Maybe I'm a pessimist but I can't help but read it as either all corporations are bad or all government is bad so pick your poison.
                      Look at the charters for this country's first corporations.

The intention was that they should serve the public good and be accountable to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                        tough question

Taxes have been getting lowered for decades and prices still go up.

Comment

What a wonderful choice there, Roh. I'm totally selecting between two awesome alternatives.

What's next, Hitler or Stalin?

ISIS or Al Qaeda?

Kennedy or Reagan?

Randy Shannon or Al Golden?

WTF kind of a poll is this.

Comment

Neither. Power belongs to the people.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Comment

Originally posted by Mecklomaniac View Post
                              Neither. Power belongs to the people.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
                              So...... your answer is government.

Comment

Working...
                              X