US schools to have non-white majority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US schools to have non-white majority

(Just to drive the nativists and bigots nuts.)

The figures show a steady decline in the numbers of white pupils since the mid-1990s and a broadly stable number of black pupils, but a sharply rising number of pupils identified as Hispanic.

The school figures show the number of Hispanic pupils has more than doubled over the past two decades and is projected to continue rising in the next decade.

It means that in autumn 2014 the proportion of white pupils is expected to have fallen marginally below 50% for the first time, with about 26% of pupils Hispanic and 15% black.

Great because blacks and mexicans are way better people then us evil whiteys. Once we aren't the majority the police won't kill anyone for no reason anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
      Great because blacks and mexicans are way better people then us evil whiteys. Once we aren't the majority the police won't kill anyone for no reason anymore.
      Thanks for the utterly moronic comment. You're quite good at providing them.

Comment

Moronic response for a moronic thread, sounds about right.

Comment

It must suck to be a one trick pony such as yourself. ....you blow on a horn and speak out of your ass......real talented.

Comment

Tulsa, Okla. —

Nearly 1/3 of all students in Tulsa Public Schools are Hispanic, and speak Spanish at home.

"Our Hispanic population, as of last year, is the largest racial and ethnic population across the district. So a lot of those families need that support in Spanish and we haven’t been able to find as much staff as we need. We’ve got a lot, but we need more," said Grisso.

When we visited the TPS Enrollment Center on Monday, FOX23 found many parents there did not speak English.

TPS posts signs in Spanish, and offers interpreters and translators.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local...-growth/ng7NB/

Comment

Originally posted by TailgateNut View Post
              It must suck to be a one trick pony such as yourself. ....you blow on a horn and speak out of your ass......real talented.
              Dude just like Ace Ventura pet detective.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                Tulsa, Okla. —

Nearly 1/3 of all students in Tulsa Public Schools are Hispanic, and speak Spanish at home.

"Our Hispanic population, as of last year, is the largest racial and ethnic population across the district. So a lot of those families need that support in Spanish and we haven’t been able to find as much staff as we need. We’ve got a lot, but we need more," said Grisso.

When we visited the TPS Enrollment Center on Monday, FOX23 found many parents there did not speak English.

Don't worry those kids will do a great job running the country.

Comment

Ha ha ha!

As if eight years with a black president wasn't bad enough for the racist sh*t stains who populate this board.

Comment

He's half white LABF.

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                      (Just to drive the nativists and bigots nuts.)

Has the graduation rate changed among those groups?

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                        Tulsa, Okla. —

That's my only concern, I don't really care about the make up of the school but I don't want dual-language run public schools. We aren't Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                          That's my only concern, I don't really care about the make up of the school but I don't want dual-language run public schools. We aren't Canada.
                          I dont mind so long as it doesnt hamper student learning.

I can see translation IN class a distraction though if it gets to that in some schools.

Comment

El espaٌol es una lengua hermosa. ؟Cuلl es el problema?

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                              I dont mind so long as it doesnt hamper student learning.

I can see translation IN class a distraction though if it gets to that in some schools.
                              I don't see how it's possible to not hamper student learning dual language classes. The first thing any immigrant needs to have a chance to succeed in the US is to learn English and this stops that dead in its tracks for non-English speakers. From what I'm told from my wife and other teacher friends, it is common to see the English speakers drop from these schools as well once it becomes apparent that they are going to be taught at a much slower rate.

Comment

Working...
                              X