No announcement yet.

Guns don't kill people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cfMzK7QwfrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
      Using that logic, you shouldn't make laws against burglary either. Why? Because burglars will ignore them.
      That's really right-wing ideology in a nutshell, isn't it?

If man-made institutions like the law, government, etc., are imperfect, then we might as well dispense with those institutions altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        >Video<
        It should be interesting to see how Rush's Kids spin this one.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
          It should be interesting to see how Rush's Kids spin this one.
          What is there to spin? Dumb parents, dumb instructor, bullets to the face. What's the revelation here?

Comment

All the guys I shoot with are democrats except for a couple of us. They are big into guns and shooting. I don't think owning guns is a slam dunk repub vs dem issue. That's why the super liberals like LABF never win on that issue. Too many democrats won't go along with more gun control.

Pointing to accidents with guns just doesn't matter. There are lot's of activities Americans do that have accidents where people hurt themselves or other people.

Comment

Originally posted by jhat01 View Post
              What's the revelation here?
              Um, that any scenario where a nine year-old girl can get her hands on an Uzi is a bad one?

Comment

Um, that any scenario where a nine year-old girl can get her hands on an Uzi is a bad one?
                That's obvious. There's no reason for a noodle armed child to be given an automatic weapon and a full magazine. That's not ground breaking or cutting edge thought, so what gives with the trolling of the "pro gun" folks?

Comment

That's obvious. There's no reason for a noodle armed child to be given an automatic weapon and a full magazine. That's not ground breaking or cutting edge thought, so what gives with the trolling of the "pro gun" folks?
                  If it were "obvious," then we wouldn't be having this discussion, would we?

Comment

If it were "obvious," then we wouldn't be having this discussion, would we?
                    I haven't heard anyone argue for gun rights of 9 year old children, maybe Rush has since you mentioned him but I don't listen to him so I don't know. What I'm getting at is what does this have to do with the overall gun debate? Did you post the video to highlight the stupidity of the child's parents, or the lack of proper instruction? Or are you blaming the Uzi for killing the guy?

Comment

I haven't heard anyone argue for gun rights of 9 year old children, maybe Rush has since you mentioned him but I don't listen to him so I don't know. What I'm getting at is what does this have to do with the overall gun debate? Did you post the video to highlight the stupidity of the child's parents, or the lack of proper instruction? Or are you blaming the Uzi for killing the guy?
                      Obviously someone made a compelling case for the gun rights of nine year-old kids, otherwise, once again, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Now who do you suppose made that case?

Comment

What is there to spin? Dumb parents, dumb instructor, bullets to the face. What's the revelation here?
                        The Bullets and Burgers range is responsible. They should at least have a sign out front that states "You must be this tall before firing this fully automatic weapon."

I heard Bullets and Burgers has a shooting instructor position open!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6-g4ZnP7Afs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                          The Bullets and Burgers range is responsible. They should at least have a sign out front that states "You must be this tall before firing this fully automatic weapon."

I heard Bullets and Burgers has a shooting instructor position open!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6-g4ZnP7Afs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                          I would argue that the parents are responsible but who knows. I would no sooner shoot at a range called burgers and bullets then eat a piece of chicken at a place called chicken and colonoscopies.

Comment

Perfect example of the difference between and enthusiast and a gun nut.

Only a gun nut would think it was even remotely a good idea to put an uzi in the hands of a child. Completely guano loco.

I'm just glad it was the ****ing idiot doing that who got killed instead of the little girl. Maybe the range will get a reality check and not put extremely dangerous weapons in the hands of little kids. You know, like sane people.
                            Last edited by Fedaykin; 08-30-2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

An age limit on handling and shooting automatic weapons doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Comment

The kid didn't know what she was doing and didn't understand that you have to tense your muscles to control the gun, especially with repeat fire like that. At any rate, it's nothing more than an accident and not some justification for gun laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X