Guns don't kill people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
    Old West also had many blacks as they made up about 25% of cowboys. You rarely see them in movies. Not sure if they were segregated at saloons and such but things people don't always know as it wasn't shown in pictures or movies.
    By the demographics of the Mountain West and other areas that didn't encounter large migrations in the 20th century from the East, I think that number is grossly exaggerated.

We should be seeing the grandchildren of black cowboys all over Colorado, and they simply aren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
      By the demographics of the Mountain West and other areas that didn't encounter large migrations in the 20th century from the East, I think that number is grossly exaggerated.

We should be seeing the grandchildren of black cowboys all over Colorado, and they simply aren't there.
      Cowboys were transient. You couldn't find many grandchildren of white cowboys either, at least not as a statistically significant portion of the modern population of the west.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsRule View Post
        Cowboys were transient. You couldn't find many grandchildren of white cowboys either, at least not as a statistically significant portion of the modern population of the west.
        Where is the large black population in the West outside popular 20th century destinations of eastern migration?

We have plenty of whites here but not blacks. So where are they if that many were here?

Comment

I see your point but these could have been former Buffalo Soldiers that stayed in the West. I have heard 25% but never bothered to look up a stat. You would have thought that those former slaves in Texas sure knew how to handle a horse and once freed, stayed in Texas or the West and did what came natural to them.

Comment

Maybe you should visit this place?
            http://www.blackamericanwestmuseum.org/

I recommend it. Cool museum. They'll answer all your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
              Oh no, according to the anti gun folks, guns do whatever they want. Like load themself, take off the safety then squeeze the trigger to empty a million rounds...... all without a human anywhere near it.

That poor gun is just misunderstood, and was probably being abused anyway.
              Just the sort of straw man argument we've come to expect from Rush's Kids.

If you favor any sort of regulation of firearms, then you must be "anti-gun."

Yawn.

Comment

The reviews at Amazon are comedy gold.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                  Just the sort of straw man argument we've come to expect from Rush's Kids.

If you favor any sort of regulation of firearms, then you must be "anti-gun."

Yawn.
                  We already have laws in place for regulation, all except registering 'most' firearms.

And lol @ Rush's Kids. If you don't favor more regulation of firearms, then you must be, "Rush's Kids."

You make this too easy.

Comment

You righties crack me up. You think that people should be allowed to carry guns to a bar?where there is booze being served?

Comment

So which do you think causes more random death?

Drunken driving or stray bullets?

Are you calling for the same laws on booze you want for guns or are you joining the 99.999999% of gun control fanatics who recoil in horror when you suggest their access to boozy woozy should be curtailed?
                      There are already laws against drinking and driving genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                        You righties crack me up. You think that people should be allowed to carry guns to a bar?where there is booze being served?
                        I actually dont. That is asking for trouble. I do think security guards at bars should be able to do so. I also think no need at sporting events too which includes high school games.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
                          We already have laws in place for regulation, all except registering 'most' firearms.

And lol @ Rush's Kids. If you don't favor more regulation of firearms, then you must be, "Rush's Kids."

You make this too easy.
                          Not enough laws in place, and the few that weren't completely gutted on Smirk & Dick's watch are clearly not working.

And it's not just your takes on gun control that distinguish you as one of Rush's Kids.

Pick any thread and any topic.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                            I actually dont. That is asking for trouble. I do think security guards at bars should be able to do so. I also think no need at sporting events too which includes high school games.
                            I agree places like bars it's pretty silly to let citizens carry. But in our cars we should always be able to and in CA you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                              There are already laws against drinking and driving genius.
                              The common retort for people in fear of having their access to booze restricted. We already have laws on guns and against murder, and your booze loving non sequitur response is a pretend argument as if we don't have laws on guns.

Care to have another hack at it or just bow out?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                                Not enough laws in place, and the few that weren't completely gutted on Smirk & Dick's watch are clearly not working.

And it's not just your takes on gun control that distinguish you as one of Rush's Kids.

Pick any thread and any topic.
                                Ok, pick a thread then and show me.

Comment

Working...
                                X