No announcement yet.

Left-Wing Activist Judge Admits his Racial Bias Convicted Innocent White Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left-Wing Activist Judge Admits his Racial Bias Convicted Innocent White Man

Yes - this is what happens when lefties take their ideological dogma to the bench or whatever seat of power they happen to hold. Instead of weighing individuals and looking at full evidence and context, they belch their worldview everywhere and assume the white is guilty.

"I couldn't get out of my mind the look on the lawyer's face when I said I found him guilty. And the defendant on the stand, like he was pleading to me, 'It just happened, it just happened,' and that was sort of haunting me," Barbaro said earlier this year in an exclusive interview with CNN.

The defendant was Donald Kagan, now 39, who was charged with the murder of Wavell Wint, 23, after shooting him during a confrontation at a Brooklyn movie theater in 1998.

Kagan, who is white, testified during a two-day trial before Barbaro that during the confrontation he had been afraid of Wint, who was black.

In his opinion, Barbaro wrote, "The circumstantial evidence convinces the court that when [Kagan], in response to [Wint's] verbal taunts, pulled out his gun for the second and last time, he fully intended to kill [Wint].''

He said later that he did not give much weight to the self-defense argument presented by Kagan's attorney. He was convinced at the time that Kagan was racist and wanted to kill a black person, he said.

Barbaro always had his pulse on the cause of civil rights. He stuck up for the underdog in his personal life and professionally, as a lawyer and former state legislator, before becoming a judge. Was he so influenced by his civil rights passions that he had assumed the only reason Kagan shot Wint was because Wint was black? Had he given Kagan a fair trial?

"I think I made a mistake," he told him. He asked the attorney to send him the transcript of the trial.

After reading his own trial record, Barbaro came to the conclusion that in his quest for equality between the races, he completely ignored the trial evidence that had to do with Kagan's claim of self-defense. He realized he really hadn't considered whether Kagan felt an imminent fear for his life during the confrontation.

Gotta give this guy credit,you would never hear Scalia,Thomas,Ito, and Roberts admit their bias/judicial activism.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
      Gotta give this guy credit,you would never hear Scalia,Thomas,Ito, and Roberts admit their bias/judicial activism.
      No kidding.

You have to laugh at the wingnut who composed the propaganda piece in the OP whining about judicial activism in light of Citizens United, etc.

These people and their phony outrage are a joke.

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

Nor the liberals in the SC either.

Comment

Don't forget the doctored Zimmerman/Martin tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
              Don't forget the doctored Zimmerman/Martin tapes.
              Nor forget how the media tried with all their might to make Zimmerman become a racist, white guy despite being a Latino.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                Nor forget how the media tried with all their might to make Zimmerman become a racist, white guy despite being a Latino.
                They coined the phrase "White/Latino". So, hey, anything is possible.

Comment

They coined the phrase "White/Latino". So, hey, anything is possible.
                  They do love their labels.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                    They do love their labels.
                    What happens when you get your info from here:

Comment

What happens when you get your info from here:

Anyone in the U.S. who gets his info from any mainstream/corporate media source is a moron.

Comment

Let me guess it dailykoz or moveoff or media meters.

Comment

Telling white people the criminal justice system is racist makes them like it more
                          http://www.vox.com/2014/8/7/5978551/...reform-support

Comment

Let me guess it dailykoz or moveoff or media meters.
                            All of the above infinitely more credible than your go-to source, viz., Faux News.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                              No kidding.

You have to laugh at the wingnut who composed the propaganda piece in the OP whining about judicial activism in light of Citizens United, etc.

These people and their phony outrage are a joke.
                              What phony outrage? You are one of the loudest mouths here claiming to hate racism, yet as usual people of your ideological kind cannot muster a single word of outrage when the victim was white, and this thread is just an example.

Thank you again for providing an illustration of the warped morality of the Left.

Comment

Working...
                              X