X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US black ops/military interventions since WW II

Map of US Military and CIA Interventions since World War 2

http://williamblum.org/intervention-map

Consult this map the next time FOX/CNN tells you Putin is Hitler.

William Blum is a former member of the US foreign service. Check out his book Killing Hope. MHG
    Attached Files

Funny story about Biden:

To illustrate his emphasis on personality as a factor in foreign affairs, Biden recalled visiting Putin at the Kremlin in 2011: “I had an interpreter, and when he was showing me his office I said, ‘It’s amazing what capitalism will do, won’t it? A magnificent office!’ And he laughed. As I turned, I was this close to him.” Biden held his hand a few inches from his nose. “I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.’ ”
    “You said that?” I asked. It sounded like a movie line.
    “Absolutely, positively,” Biden said, and continued, “And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another.’ ” Biden sat back, and said, “This is who this guy is!”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5605465.html

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
      Map of US Military and CIA Interventions since World War 2

http://williamblum.org/intervention-map

Consult this map the next time FOX/CNN tells you Putin is Hitler.

William Blum is a former member of the US foreign service. Check out his book Killing Hope. MHG
      WTF! All this shows is that CANADA has gotten away with waaaaay too much crap for faaaaar too long. No wonder they're so cheery up there. Let the bombings commence already!!!!!

Comment

Are there more details on those events somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          Nope. Consider the source when assessing credibility.

Granted, the US has pulled some serious ****. But not everything the US has done is ****.

Of course, the real problem according to der gaffen-fuehrer, is that the real US is being controlled by the ZOG. Destroy it, and the real US returns.

Comment

What?

No 9/11?

No JFK assassination?

That map is incomplete disinformation!!

Comment

Why do Greenland and Iceland get a free ride?

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post

There's nothing in Greenland and Iceland women are hot.

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post

Granted, the US has pulled some serious ****. But not everything the US has done is ****.

Of course, the real problem according to der gaffen-fuehrer, is that the real US is being controlled by the ZOG. Destroy it, and the real US returns.
                  Well they could be in Blum's books.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                    What's really weird are that Mexico and Venezuela aren't highlighted as "targeted" countries.

Makes me dubious of the whole schmeer.

Comment

Best to put W*gs on IGGY.

Blum's book is a good one. MHG

Killing Hope: U.S. Military and C.I.A. Interventions Since World War II--Updated Through 2003 [Paperback]

One review pulled from Amazon:

Written by a former State Department employee, the author's wealth of knowledge and experience are thoroughly impressive, and this book is very easy to read and follow. Beginning at the end of WWII, the author lists, by country, US military involvement in chronological order. Readers will find the consequences - some of which are being seen today - profoundly interesting.
                      Another reviewer mentioned that the book had a "blame America first" slant, but I sincerely doubt that reviewer read the entire book. While the book does specifically mention US involvement in the overthrow of democratically elected governments in places like Iran, Chile, and Indonesia, these incidents are generally known now. The people responsible are blamed, not the American people who were not privy to such Washington secrets.

It is interesting to read why Washington powerbrokers chose military intervention: In some cases bowing to political interests, in other cases with fine intentions, in most cases not foreseeing the negative consequences for the US and the world.

This book provides a concise background for the state of the world today.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Because it was wrong for the US to work against Soviet expansionism.

I was a Blum fan when I was a frothing Leftist over 10 years ago.

Comment

Pick any Leftist screed. Z Magazine, Michael Parenti, a website called http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com was a favorite of mine in my Leftist days. They take the old Soviet propaganda template and call all US foreign policy "imperialist" and chalk it all off to international capitalist conspiracy to rape the earth and oppress the downtrodden masses.

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post

Finally you've seen the light.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                              Finally you've seen the light.
                              I've never said otherwise.

You, on the other hand, have never admitted that the US has engaged in morally reprehensible acts in carrying out its foreign policy.

You rationalize away everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X