Pot is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
    Because you're unable to understand that legality increases use many times over. You're also making a false comparison to hard core narcotics.
    There is no proof of that anywhere. It's still a matter of argument. The price structure could affect usage dramatically. Also, the legalization of pot could reduce the usage of other, more dangerous drugs. Usage will probably go up initially and then it will come under the rubric of market forces.

Krispy Kreme opened shops in Colorado and there was a huge rush on them for about a year because they had name recognition from back East. Now, all those shops are closed. Once people tried it, they found it was no big deal and took a pass. The same could happen with pot. We don't know yet. I'm sure your post is just another ideological conclusion, same as everything else you post.

Comment

So...all things in moderation?

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
        Krispy Kreme opened shops in Colorado and there was a huge rush on them for about a year because they had name recognition from back East. Now, all those shops are closed. Once people tried it, they found it was no big deal and took a pass. The same could happen with pot. We don't know yet.

Not a chance.............

Comment

There is no proof of that anywhere. It's still a matter of argument. The price structure could affect usage dramatically. Also, the legalization of pot could reduce the usage of other, more dangerous drugs. Usage will probably go up initially and then it will come under the rubric of market forces.

Krispy Kreme opened shops in Colorado and there was a huge rush on them for about a year because they had name recognition from back East. Now, all those shops are closed. Once people tried it, they found it was no big deal and took a pass. The same could happen with pot. We don't know yet. I'm sure your post is just another ideological conclusion, same as everything else you post.
          I just saw a Krispy Kreme here in Bangkok the other day.

I sh*t you not.

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
            So...all things in moderation?
            Um, yeah, but since when are Americans known for that?

Comment

There is no proof of that anywhere.
              That certainly explains why we haven't seen an alcohol use explosion since Prohibition ended. We've got alcohol stores and restaurants that sell alcohol on nearly every corner.

People using it once and getting bored?

Krispy Kremes have no addictive qualities, home slice.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                Awesome chart I am heading off to score some pot, ecstasy, mushrooms and some steroids!!!
                Why not? The argument that we only outlaw some bad things and not others is certainly the best argument I've seen to have a drug free-for-all.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post
                  As usual, you dismiss any view not your own, regardless the source.

Get over yourself.
                  False comparison explained again in my post 2 above this one.

Comment

Why not? The argument that we only outlaw some bad things and not others is certainly the best argument I've seen to have a drug free-for-all.
                    Smoke 'em while you gottem.
                    Attached Files

Comment

False comparison explained again in my post 2 above this one.
                      What comparison?

That chart covered the 'harm' caused by all drugs, so what's the problem with it?

It doesn't pretend to 'weight' the study by amount used, only the harm caused using numerous criteria. Legalized or not.

The source is credible and respected, but it doesn't support whatever argument you're trying to make, so you simply dismiss it.

Something you do often.

Comment

nyuk is just trying to justify his irrationality.

Comment

Krispy Kremes have no addictive qualities, home slice.
                          The legions of obese folks we're producing demonstrate the false nature your statement quite readily.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                            The legions of obese folks we're producing demonstrate the false nature your statement quite readily.
                            The smart money says Nyuk/DramaLlama is one of those obese folks (and a Krispy Kreme addict in denial.)

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                              nyuk is just trying to justify his irrationality.
                              Actually, the gender question has not yet been satisfactorily settled.

Comment

All I'm saying is, to use an old cliche, once the novelty wears off...

I just don't think it's as big a deal as is being made about it. I have three sons in their 20s and they're all "meh" about the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X