Pot is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post
    Absolute doublespeak, typical of someone who doesn't actually have a position, but likes to lecture and argue.
    Indeed. He's here to be an annoying gnat, and that's about it.

Comment

• Pot for medical reasons, I have no problem with of course. But I really don't care if someone does it for recreation reasons either since it doesn't bother me if they can't handle life without some drug to cope. But no, I don't think it makes one look smart, brave, or cool. More like weak, but that's their problem. Leaders typically don't do these things. Followers who need to fit in with others and be led tend to be the ones who do this stuff. I doubt many started smoking pot all on their own and didn't get introduced by someone else. Sorry, but this a follower mentality and not an example of maturity. Medical purposes are a different story and I fully support it for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by barryr View Post
        Pot for medical reasons, I have no problem with of course. But I really don't care if someone does it for recreation reasons either since it doesn't bother me if they can't handle life without some drug to cope. But no, I don't think it makes one look smart, brave, or cool. More like weak, but that's their problem. Leaders typically don't do these things. Followers who need to fit in with others and be led tend to be the ones who do this stuff. I doubt many started smoking pot all on their own and didn't get introduced by someone else. Sorry, but this a follower mentality and not an example of maturity. Medical purposes are a different story and I fully support it for that.
        LMAO. Care to wager how many leaders hit the bottle frequently?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
          LMAO. Care to wager how many leaders hit the bottle frequently?
          , care to show me where I stated positive reasons to drink?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
            Cures epilepsy...apparently whomever made that graph doesn't know what epilepsy is.

In fact, there's a lot on that graph which is complete speculation.

I'm pro-legalization of pot but I wouldn't use that to try and make your point.
            Last edited by Johnykbr; 08-27-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Past research has indicated that couples who abuse substances are at a greater risk for divorce, in part because substance abuse often leads to an increase in domestic violence. However, new research has found that when it comes to marijuana use, the opposite effect occurs: couples who frequently use marijuana are actually at a lower risk of partner violence.
              http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5711217.html

Obviously this doesn’t mean marijuana makes people less violent per se—maybe the types prone to pot-smoking are just inherently less violent individuals; or perhaps the types prone to partner violence are categorically less drawn to the drug. But it is interesting to contrast these stats with numbers on alcohol, which has frequently been linked to increased incidences of partner violence.
              http://reason.com/blog/2014/08/26/ma...26+Run+Blog%29

Comment

• Originally posted by barryr View Post
                , care to show me where I stated positive reasons to drink?
                In a totally shocking twist, someone has finally upgraded the barryr-bot!.

In a total NOT shocking twist, it's still dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                  Cures epilepsy...apparently whomever made that graph doesn't know what epilepsy is.

In fact, there's a lot on that graph which is complete speculation.

I'm pro-legalization of pot but I wouldn't use that to try and make your point.
                  Aye, that graphic does not help the legalization movement. You can't fight stupidity with lies.

Comment

• Half the people here won't get this because it talks about "science"

I have heard this a long time ago. If Goodell cared about NFL players he would drop Marijuana from the banned list or at least reduce the penalties.

Science just gave us another great reason to legalize pot

We’ve learned about a couple of good medical benefits to marijuana this year and now it seems there’s another one: Using medicinal marijuana makes it less likely that you’ll become hooked on painkillers. CNN reports that a new study published this in the JAMA Internal Medicine journal finds that states that have legalized medicinal marijuana have significantly fewer deaths from painkiller overdoses.

FROM EARLIER: Could pot be good for your heart?

In all, the study found that states that had legalized medical pot experienced around 1,700 fewer painkiller overdose deaths in 2010 than what would have happened if those states didn’t make medical marijuana legal and available.

“We found there was about a 25% lower rate of prescription painkiller overdose deaths on average after implementation of a medical marijuana law,” lead study author Dr. Marcus Bachhuber explained to CNN.

Bachhuber, who also works as a PCP at the Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, said that his experience with treating chronic pain has shown that doctors need to have as many options at their disposal as possible, although he also allowed that “it’s important, of course, to weigh the risks and benefits of medical marijuana.”

http://news.yahoo.com/science-just-g...011500877.html
                    Last edited by Guess Who; 08-28-2014, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Essentially, the researchers injected a tiny dosage of THC — “3-4 orders of magnitude lower than the conventional doses,” according to the researchers — into mice anywhere from two hours to three days before inducing myocardial ischemia. The result was the THC reduced damage to the heart in all cases, which means that having just a little bit of THC in your system might not be the worst thing if you’re suffering from a heart attack.

https://bgr.com/2014/02/07/marijuana...ts-cardiology/

Comment

• What if all the NFL logos smoked weed?

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...#ixzz3BiCGS0sf

Comment

• In many ways i don't want it legal, i want it decriminalized. I'd like less government regulation in terms of taxation, regulation, price fixed markets set by big biz. I wish it would just be treated as a choice. I don't care if people do, or don't use cannabis.

A lot of people where i live, want it legalized and taxed to the hilt, they see this as some 'holy grail' of income. The problem isn't another revenue stream as a saviour, it's how & where the $ is spent.

I also feel that there are side effects. As someone who had used cannabis in the past, quit, restarted, & quit again here's my opinion(s):

I think there is medicinal value. I feel that it is a less toxic way to treat some serious medical issues. Depending on the body chemistry & usage/habit, it could be detrimental to some people. I found that while it didn't make me lazy, it did have a demotivational side effect in terms of that i accepted less of/for myself in life. Not that i was doing bad, just wasn't living up to my potential. This probably tied into my habit more than the drug itself. I can't knock it, and i can't judge people who use it. If in the future, i were to choose to use cannabis again, i'd prefer to structure myself to use it much more medicinally for intentional purposes, than as a way to unwind from a long busy day. The clarity i received from taking extended breaks allowed me to focus on building my dreams & living them, then living other people's dreams and coping with some levels of unfulfillment.

I also (my opinion) understand that the War on Drugs is a war waged upon cognitive liberty, as well as consciousness; in addition to a $ making racket and a way to grab liberties and control by fear & scarcity.

Not all drugs offer good benefits, but some drugs are vilified for specific reasons that don't always have our best interests at heart.

In many ways, i would prefer on the issue of cannabis - for it to be pretty much decriminalized, let adults make adult decisions, remove draconian punishment measures and keep big biz & big gov't out of the decisions for people who are responsible for their own way of life.

I know many people are hopeful that "legalization" is coming nationwide. I feel much more pessimistic about this. Watching some states legislation pass, it doesn't address many issues. Some pass non-combustion clauses focusing more on oils. Marginalizing, and instituting greater control only means the removal of choice and liberty under the guise of regulation. (Some states have removed the fact you can grow your own limited # of plants, which makes the idea of medical a joke. People who wouldn't be able to afford the markup on a "state" produced product could grow their own, in which case this removes the empowerment that they can do for themselves.)

I wish i had a policy to enact, that would solve the issues. This isn't a moral question though, it's a question of control by corporate & government interests.

Comment

• Originally posted by alkemical View Post
                            In many ways i don't want it legal, i want it decriminalized. I'd like less government regulation in terms of taxation, regulation, price fixed markets set by big biz. I wish it would just be treated as a choice. I don't care if people do, or don't use cannabis.

A lot of people where i live, want it legalized and taxed to the hilt, they see this as some 'holy grail' of income. The problem isn't another revenue stream as a saviour, it's how & where the $ is spent.

I also feel that there are side effects. As someone who had used cannabis in the past, quit, restarted, & quit again here's my opinion(s):

I think there is medicinal value. I feel that it is a less toxic way to treat some serious medical issues. Depending on the body chemistry & usage/habit, it could be detrimental to some people. I found that while it didn't make me lazy, it did have a demotivational side effect in terms of that i accepted less of/for myself in life. Not that i was doing bad, just wasn't living up to my potential. This probably tied into my habit more than the drug itself. I can't knock it, and i can't judge people who use it. If in the future, i were to choose to use cannabis again, i'd prefer to structure myself to use it much more medicinally for intentional purposes, than as a way to unwind from a long busy day. The clarity i received from taking extended breaks allowed me to focus on building my dreams & living them, then living other people's dreams and coping with some levels of unfulfillment.

I also (my opinion) understand that the War on Drugs is a war waged upon cognitive liberty, as well as consciousness; in addition to a $ making racket and a way to grab liberties and control by fear & scarcity.

Not all drugs offer good benefits, but some drugs are vilified for specific reasons that don't always have our best interests at heart.

In many ways, i would prefer on the issue of cannabis - for it to be pretty much decriminalized, let adults make adult decisions, remove draconian punishment measures and keep big biz & big gov't out of the decisions for people who are responsible for their own way of life.

I know many people are hopeful that "legalization" is coming nationwide. I feel much more pessimistic about this. Watching some states legislation pass, it doesn't address many issues. Some pass non-combustion clauses focusing more on oils. Marginalizing, and instituting greater control only means the removal of choice and liberty under the guise of regulation. (Some states have removed the fact you can grow your own limited # of plants, which makes the idea of medical a joke. People who wouldn't be able to afford the markup on a "state" produced product could grow their own, in which case this removes the empowerment that they can do for themselves.)

I wish i had a policy to enact, that would solve the issues. This isn't a moral question though, it's a question of control by corporate & government interests.
                            I get your point but considering how much water, electricity, and pesticides are needed to grow the stuff, it needs to be pretty heavily regulated.

Comment

I get your point but considering how much water, electricity, and pesticides are needed to grow the stuff, it needs to be pretty heavily regulated.

It grows like a weed, because that's pretty much what it is.

Comment

.....the ignorance is amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X