Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Government Isn't the Problem. LOL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Government Isn't the Problem. LOL

    <iframe width="590" height="332" src="http://launch.newsinc.com/?type=VideoPlayer/Single&widgetId=1&trackingGroup=69016&siteSection= dailycaller&videoId=26197615" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Obama's 'management of government' questioned by MSNBC <a href="http://t.co/b8QVzc61OT">http://t.co/b8QVzc61OT</a></p>&mdash; Jaa Maa (@jaamaa01) <a href="https://twitter.com/jaamaa01/statuses/473005568521560064">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/1432...l-just-freeze/

  • #2
    Holy **** Obama got a letter about this begging him to look into the vets dying months ago? Unbelievable that anyone is still remotely proud to call this bum our President.

    What golf taking up his time or something? How can you say you found out from the TV when you were sent a letter about the problems months ago?

    Obama is a flat out lying POS. Oh wait let me guess this is because of the Iraq war burdening the system.

    Comment


    • #3
      Without any conservative media, this story would never have gotten any attention. Finally some even in the liberal media are waking up to what has been going on with this admin. They never accepted vague answers before or lack of any answers for that matter, but their want to find the truth in things have lacked motivation since Obama became president. Bush was just a liar, but Obama tells the truth is their main belief. It is hard for them to grasp that's not the case since it doesn't fit their ideal world where all republicans are stupid and liars while all democrats are honest and saints.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by barryr View Post
        Without any conservative media, this story would never have gotten any attention. Finally some even in the liberal media are waking up to what has been going on with this admin. They never accepted vague answers before or lack of any answers for that matter, but their want to find the truth in things have lacked motivation since Obama became president. Bush was just a liar, but Obama tells the truth is their main belief. It is hard for them to grasp that's not the case since it doesn't fit their ideal world where all republicans are stupid and liars while all democrats are honest and saints.
        You really are clueless and obsessively blind to reality.

        Opening sentence from the link.

        It was a rough day for Jay Carney – shortly before the President interrupted the press conference to announce that Carney was “stepping down” as Press Secretary, he received a rather intense grilling from none other than MSNBC’s Chuck Todd and ABC’s Jon Karl.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
          Holy **** Obama got a letter about this begging him to look into the vets dying months ago? Unbelievable that anyone is still remotely proud to call this bum our President.

          What golf taking up his time or something? How can you say you found out from the TV when you were sent a letter about the problems months ago?

          Obama is a flat out lying POS. Oh wait let me guess this is because of the Iraq war burdening the system.
          Don't forget agent orange

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post
              You really are clueless and obsessively blind to reality.

              Opening sentence from the link.
              Not that it's not that big a deal, but Chuck Todd is NBC's White House correspondent, not MSNBC's. Hard to imagine MSNBC grilling anything related to the President, though they do smoke a lot of his sausage.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                Holy **** Obama got a letter about this begging him to look into the vets dying months ago? Unbelievable that anyone is still remotely proud to call this bum our President.

                What golf taking up his time or something? How can you say you found out from the TV when you were sent a letter about the problems months ago?

                Obama is a flat out lying POS. Oh wait let me guess this is because of the Iraq war burdening the system.
                It's amusing, the waiting time has more than got cut in half. And despite that, this has been a weekly segment on liberal shows for years. 'Cuz, liberals concerns are actually about getting service to these heroes, and not some anti-American opportunity for phony points, after blocking Bills to fix it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Our Administration is still lying about the VA Wait List scandal.

                  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...er-wait-times/

                  I don’t want to, in any way, pretend that we are where we need to be but we have, in fact, fired a whole bunch of people who are in charge of these facilities.”
                  — President Obama, town hall aired on CNN, Sept. 28, 2016

                  ...

                  In response to the VA scandal, Congress gave the department’s chief authority to expedite disciplinary actions for senior executives (those “in charge”), especially relating to the wait-time problem. Since Obama signed the bill into law in August 2014, the VA proposed removals or demotions of 12 to 15 senior executives under the new authority. Three to five senior executives were successfully removed. Only one senior executive’s removal was marked as “a case involving patient wait time,” but her actual firing was because of an unrelated ethics violation over accepting gifts. Five non-senior employees in leadership roles at VA medical centers were successfully removed relating to patient wait times.

                  Although Obama said he didn’t want to “pretend that we are where we need to be,” he did just that. The VA removed one to six people “in charge” for patient wait-time problems in the past two years. That’s nowhere near “a whole bunch.”

                  Four Pinocchios
                  Why is negligence and ineptitude such a sacred cow in our government?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                    Our Administration is still lying about the VA Wait List scandal.

                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...er-wait-times/



                    Why is negligence and ineptitude such a sacred cow in our government?
                    1. VETERANS AFFAIRS FUNDING BILL (2015)
                    The House Appropriations Subcommittee, met with VA Secretary Bob McDonald to remove more than $1.4 billion in veteran services from President Obama’s proposed 2016 budget. Included in those cuts was more than $690 million earmarked for direct VA medical care and $582 million in VA construction projects. As a result of the cuts, it was estimated that 70,000 fewer veterans would be able to receive needed care.


                    2. WOMEN VETERANS AND FAMILIES HEALTH SERVICES ACT (2014)
                    This bipartisan bill would have provided fertility treatment and counseling for severely wounded veterans and their spouses. However, the bill was killed before making it out of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee after Republicans proposed an amendment to prevent any involvement with Planned Parenthood.

                    The author of the bill, Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), took to the floor of the Senate and made the following statement:

                    “Don’t take something that should be above politics, our sacred duty to our veterans, pull it down into the muck of petty politics. It is not fair to veterans and their families who have been hoping and praying for the opportunity to have children.”



                    3. VETERANS HEALTH AND BENEFITS AND MILITARY RETIREMENT PAY RESTORATION ACT (2014)
                    This bill, proposed by Senator Bernie Sanders, was a piece of sweeping legislation that would have expanded healthcare and education for veterans. After clearing a procedural vote by a 99-0 margin, the bill was hijacked by Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans who attached an amendment to the bill which would have levied sanctions on Iran.

                    While arguing over the proposed amendments, other Republicans took to the floor to raise concerns over the cost of the bill, and it was ultimately defeated with 41 of 45 Senate Republicans voting against the bill.



                    4. VETERANS JOBS CORPS ACT (2012)
                    Originally submitted by democratic Representative Bruce Braley of Iowa, this bill would have established the Veteran’s Jobs Corps to provide gainful employment to more than 20,000 veterans through public works projects in their own communities at a cost of $1 billion over 5 years.

                    Ultimately, Senate Republicans blocked the bill because it was unpaid for… while simultaneously proposing a bill to increase military spending with no way to pay for it.

                    “We Republicans remain resolute in our commitment to deny the Democrats anything that looks like an accomplishment in an election year,” said Republican leader Mitch McConnell.



                    5. HOMELESS WOMEN VETERANS AND HOMELESS VETERANS WITH CHILDREN ACT (2010)
                    Originally proposed to expand assistance for homeless women veterans and homeless veterans with children, as well as increasing funding for federal grant programs to address the issues surrounding homelessness amongst veterans, this bipartisan bill made its way through the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee with strong support from members of both parties.

                    However, the bill was promptly killed as Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell, on behalf of Senator Tom Coburn, objected based on the cost of the program.

                    “If we don’t start paying for new programs and continue on our path to bankruptcy we’ll have a homelessness problem beyond imagination,” Coburn spokesman John Hart told HuffPost. “The old Washington excuse that it’s too hard to cut spending is undermining our troops, our veterans and our future.”

                    http://usuncut.com/politics/happy-ve...ewed-veterans/

                    Every time the Dems have tried to pass a VA funding bill, Mitch McConnell tacks on a poison pill that kills it and then blames the Dems for not passing it. Same old ****, over and over again.

                    The Republicans are opposed to government. Their goal is to shrink it small enough that they can drown it in a bathtub. Their strategy to achieve this end is to cut funding until programs can no longer function adequately, and then attack the program as dysfunctional and kill it.
                    Last edited by Rohirrim; 10-12-2016, 09:18 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ah, the tired old "We Suck cuz we need MOAR MONEY!" canard.



                      As to how this excuses lying about what steps you've taken to correct negligence and ineptitude in your administration... it's anyone's guess.

                      And doing so in this "Be True to Your School" spirit only helps enable the problem to keep going and going. I guess we really do get the government we deserve.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                        Ah, the tired old "We Suck cuz we need MOAR MONEY!" canard.



                        As to how this excuses lying about what steps you've taken to correct negligence and ineptitude in your administration... it's anyone's guess.

                        And doing so in this "Be True to Your School" spirit only helps enable the problem to keep going and going. I guess we really do get the government we deserve.
                        Ah, the tired old "One side of the problem" graph.

                        Where's the graph showing the increase in aging veterans, growth in vets with PTSD, rising numbers with more serious disabilities, etc etc etc

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                          Ah, the tired old "One side of the problem" graph.

                          Where's the graph showing the increase in aging veterans, growth in vets with PTSD, rising numbers with more serious disabilities, etc etc etc
                          You could almost study what's going on and look at real numbers and have that discussion if inept federal leadership wasn't falsifying data and doing everything they can to make **** look better than it is while sending people home to die.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                            You could almost study what's going on and look at real numbers and have that discussion if inept federal leadership wasn't falsifying data and doing everything they can to make **** look better than it is while sending people home to die.
                            Ah, the old "I'll just make some **** up" ploy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                              Ah, the old "I'll just make some **** up" ploy.
                              Uh huh.

                              http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...rans/82726634/

                              VA bosses in 7 states falsified vets' wait times for care

                              WASHINGTON — Supervisors instructed employees to falsify patient wait times at Veterans Affairs' medical facilities in at least seven states, according to a USA TODAY analysis of more than 70 investigation reports released in recent weeks.

                              Overall, those reports — released after multiple inquiries and a Freedom of Information Act request — reveal for the first time specifics of widespread scheduling manipulation.

                              Employees at 40 VA medical facilities in 19 states and Puerto Rico regularly “zeroed out” veteran wait times, the analysis shows. In some cases, investigators found manipulation had been going on for as long as a decade. In others, it had been just a few years.
                              "Yeah, we got kinda busy so I just shredded the wait list. Less stress that way. If you want us to do better, give us a bunch more money than you already did and we'll see what happens."

                              Queue Roh: "Sounds reasonable. Don't fire any of them. Let's just give them more money and see what they come up with."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X