Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money in Politics - How to Buy a Presidency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Money in Politics - How to Buy a Presidency

    I am posting this just because it's a great article on the influence of big money in politics especially after the SCOTUS Citizen United decision.

    For all the Democrat haters out there, this focuses on the Koch brothers and their fund raising. It could and does apply just as easily to Democrats, Tea Party and any other interest group or party. So BarryR, Pony, Pricejj and Cut don't get your knickers all in a twist ok

    http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...225.html?hp=f1

  • #2
    BREAKING NEWS: Politicians are corrupt.

    Hard hitting stuff there. If it weren't for teh OM there would be no place to find this scintillating political info on the net.

    Comment


    • #3
      Although its not new, or even that surprising. Its a well written article about the political times and how they are changing by those with money. It makes it a point to stay relatively balanced, even though the reporter was hanging around the sidelines of a Koch brothers "political investing" conference.

      The most interesting part to me was Obama pointing to Gates and Balmer and stating that they could essentially make a decision on whom they wanted as their next president and could practically make it happen. I agree with him on this and on the fact that this is "not how its supposed to work."

      Comment


      • #4
        https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

        Top donors. It doesn't even get republican until the 17th most donor, UPS.


        Another Tom Steyer attack?
        Last edited by The1percentKid; 05-30-2014, 09:47 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          The ones you want to watch out for are the ones who are paying the most money both ways like Goldman Sachs. I do love when my liberal friends see this and start squirming, though. I take great pleasure in seeing them deal with the reality that their big-government party they know and love isn't as for the little guy as they pretend it is.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

            Top donors. It doesn't even get republican until the 17th most donor, UPS.


            Another Tom Steyer attack?
            umm that really wasn't the point of my post which is why I qualified it at the outset.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mennonite View Post
              BREAKING NEWS: Politicians are corrupt.

              Hard hitting stuff there. If it weren't for teh OM there would be no place to find this scintillating political info on the net.
              WTF is your problem?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                umm that really wasn't the point of my post which is why I qualified it at the outset.
                Not the point? It's exactly the point of the title of this thread. If you want it to be equal don't just drop a link leaning one way. You want to know where money comes from in politics? Check that list. How many unions sit at the top.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  Not the point? It's exactly the point of the title of this thread. If you want it to be equal don't just drop a link leaning one way. You want to know where money comes from in politics? Check that list. How many unions sit at the top.
                  Yeah the point is that big money buys politics. The point was NOT that it is just Republicans as you seem to want to infer as to why I posted it. Guess I should have added your name to the list of knickertwisters.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                    Yeah the point is that big money buys politics. The point was NOT that it is just Republicans as you seem to want to infer as to why I posted it. Guess I should have added your name to the list of knickertwisters.
                    You mean the list of true Americans who value self responsibility? Sure put me down with those guys.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                      You mean the list of true Americans who value self responsibility? Sure put me down with those guys.
                      Ah the true American litmus test. You realize this only includes people who think exactly like you about everything. Everyone else disagrees with you because in some way you are unlike them, they who also declare themselves as the true Americans.

                      Actually you just fail at being intelligent because you couldn't grasp the point of the thread.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                        Ah the true American litmus test. You realize this only includes people who think exactly like you about everything. Everyone else disagrees with you because in some way you are unlike them, they who also declare themselves as the true Americans.

                        Actually you just fail at being intelligent because you couldn't grasp the point of the thread.
                        Ah the personal attacks. When in doubt, go personal.

                        Maybe you were too stupid to put this in the politics forum.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                          https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

                          Top donors. It doesn't even get republican until the 17th most donor, UPS.


                          Another Tom Steyer attack?
                          BWHAHA I guess you were unable to read this part or chose to omit it. From the link you posted:

                          "For example, this list does not include casino magnate Sheldon Adelson. He and his wife Miriam donated nearly $93 million in 2012 alone to conservative super PACs — enough to put him at No. 2 on this list"

                          More intellectual fail.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            Ah the personal attacks. When in doubt, go personal.

                            Maybe you were too stupid to put this in the politics forum.
                            Open season in the Central discussion forum. Got anything else you want to screw up?

                            Also how's that true amercan statement working out for you?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                              BWHAHA I guess you were unable to read this part or chose to omit it. From the link you posted:

                              "For example, this list does not include casino magnate Sheldon Adelson. He and his wife Miriam donated nearly $93 million in 2012 alone to conservative super PACs — enough to put him at No. 2 on this list"

                              More intellectual fail.
                              I read that just fine. You obviously don't understand the purpose of that list, as it's stated bloomberg and adeslon don't qualify for what they are doing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X