John Kaisich
    4.00%
    Susana Martinez
    4.00%
    BroncoBeavis
    8.00%
    Other
    40.00%

I went with Bush. He seems the most honest of all of them as far as what he really believes. Outside of him I think I would go with Huckaby. He has really moved pretty far to the right since he left office but I believe he was a pretty good Governor of Arkansas.

Comment

Top 5

1. Jon Huntsman
      2. Jeb Bush
      3. Paul Ryan
      4. John Kasich
      5. Mitch Daniels

Huntsman is best all around candidate. Very good fiscally and moderate socially with experience and practicality in foreign affairs. The perfect candidate to combat our demographic problems and maybe make some inroads. He's DOA as a primary candidate, but this is a wish list, not reality. I am ok with Jeb Bush, so long as he stays where he has been most of his career in Florida politically, center-right. I am not a fan of Ryan's tax ideas and his views of foreign affairs are kinda rudimentary but I am a huge fan of converting Medicare into vouchers and shifting the costs away from the government. This will be a huge liability in the next twenty years and makes up most of our long term budget problems, a drastic and painful solution is needed. I've always been a fan of Kasich going back to his days as House Budget Cmte chairman. He's been a good governor in a key state. Daniels is a good solid moderate, but has some personal baggage.

The rest of the field is god awful.

Comment

Reality is that unless there is another recession, massive Democratic scandal or Obama's approval rating is in the 30s, there's no way there can be a Republican President. Dems start out at 257 EVs. That's first and goal from the 3 with a massive OL. Can they mess it up? Sure, but it would take a lot of effort. GOP is facing the same math problems Dems faced from 1968-1992. Takes a very unique situation to win.

Comment

Susana Martinez more a great VP choice. I'd say Jeb Bush/Susana Martinez but it won't happen. Jeb Bush has the wrong last name most likely.

I like Susana Martinez though. She would help with Latinos and Women.

Comment

I agree most likely repubs continue to do well in governorships, in Congress, but will fail to win the white house.

Ny and CA are in the bag for dems and that is a lot of overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
              I agree most likely repubs continue to do well in governorships, in Congress, but will fail to win the white house.

Ny and CA are in the bag for dems and that is a lot of overcome.
              Yeah I agree, it is not only NY and California, afterall Repubs have Texas, but the repubs have lost states that were solidliy Republican like Ohio, Florida, Colorado. Colorado is now a Dem state and Ohio and Florida are swing states that lean blue. In 2016 the Repubs are facing the reality of possibly losing Georgia and Arizona.

Check out this site, it is amazing. http://www.270towin.com/

Start out with the Presidential election results from 2012. And start taking away Blue states and make them red. Do this until the Republicans have 270 Electoral votes.

You have to take away Florida, Ohio, Michigan and Iowa for Repubs to win. That is a lot of heavy lifting. Plus with Obama not running in 2016 I think you can put Kentucky, W. Virginia, South and North Carolina all in play for the Dems.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                Top 5

1. Jon Huntsman
                2. Jeb Bush
                3. Paul Ryan
                4. John Kasich
                5. Mitch Daniels

Huntsman is best all around candidate. Very good fiscally and moderate socially with experience and practicality in foreign affairs. The perfect candidate to combat our demographic problems and maybe make some inroads. He's DOA as a primary candidate, but this is a wish list, not reality. I am ok with Jeb Bush, so long as he stays where he has been most of his career in Florida politically, center-right. I am not a fan of Ryan's tax ideas and his views of foreign affairs are kinda rudimentary but I am a huge fan of converting Medicare into vouchers and shifting the costs away from the government. This will be a huge liability in the next twenty years and makes up most of our long term budget problems, a drastic and painful solution is needed. I've always been a fan of Kasich going back to his days as House Budget Cmte chairman. He's been a good governor in a key state. Daniels is a good solid moderate, but has some personal baggage.

The rest of the field is god awful.
                I agree on Huntsman he would be best but he was embarrassed in 2012 no way he puts his hat in the ring. His daughter is on MSNBC. She is really cool for a republican........and very very hot
                Last edited by Guess Who; 05-15-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I'll vote for just about anyone not named Clinton or Bush.

Comment

Jon Huntsman...

Comment

John Huntsman would be better off on the Democrat ticket as a Blue Dog.

Conservatives are convinced that Romney and McCain lost because they were no where near conservative enough. I don't see the logic in that, since the independent turnout is what you need to capture, and they are not far right.

McCain, to me lost because of having a void on his ticket, and the fresh remnents of the Bush adminsatration. Romney lost because he failed to realize that not all the 47% he took a steaming dump all over were low end society leeches, but rather people who were working hard to get out of the 47%.

Comment

I'd like to see a Tom Coburn clone run and win. Always like Coburn, no fancy BS and ass kissing, just practical politician who said NO, without a very compelling reason to say yes. Always like his style.

Comment

I say the Right should quit ****ing around on the extremist fringe and just go ahead and put Generalissimo Francisco Franco in there.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                            Reality is that unless there is another recession, massive Democratic scandal or Obama's approval rating is in the 30s, there's no way there can be a Republican President. Dems start out at 257 EVs. That's first and goal from the 3 with a massive OL. Can they mess it up? Sure, but it would take a lot of effort. GOP is facing the same math problems Dems faced from 1968-1992. Takes a very unique situation to win.
                            That's okay. If the Dems keep putting people like the Clintons or Obama in office, the Right Wing agenda just keeps moving ahead anyway. Win/win for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                              John Huntsman would be better off on the Democrat ticket as a Blue Dog.

Conservatives are convinced that Romney and McCain lost because they were no where near conservative enough. I don't see the logic in that, since the independent turnout is what you need to capture, and they are not far right.

McCain, to me lost because of having a void on his ticket, and the fresh remnents of the Bush adminsatration. Romney lost because he failed to realize that not all the 47% he took a steaming dump all over were low end society leeches, but rather people who were working hard to get out of the 47%.
                              I agree on Huntsman.

I also agree on your 47% comment. The 47% Romney talks about includes the elderly, the disabled and soldiers coming back from war.

These damn moochers!!!!

But it is not only Romney, it is a Republican talking point. Now they don't say the 47% but they believe in that concept. When you here them talk about people feeling entitled to things like health insurance, or unemployment insurance or free public education; they are talking about the 47%.
                              Last edited by Guess Who; 05-15-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X