Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan Solve Poverty!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan Solve Poverty!

    Great news!

    Having toured the country in recent months focusing on the nation's poor, Ryan declared that "the best way to turn from a vicious cycle of despair and learned hopelessness to a virtuous cycle of hope and flourishing is by embracing the attributes of friendship, accountability and love."

    "That's how you fight poverty," Ryan, the House Budget Committee chairman and 2012 vice presidential nominee, told a crowd of roughly 750 dressed in tuxedos and gowns.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5313256.html

    Jeb Bush had to compete with Ryan's love potion: "A loving family taking care of their children in a traditional marriage will create the chance to break out of poverty far better, far better than any of the government programs that we can create."

    There ya go all you poor folks. It's your own damn fault. You don't need money. You need better relationships.

    The totally laughable irony of this whole thing, which is completely missed by Ryan and Bush, is that they were delivering these speeches in a room full of multi-millionaires and billionaires.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Jeb Bush had to compete with Ryan's love potion: "A loving family taking care of their children in a traditional marriage will create the chance to break out of poverty far better, far better than any of the government programs that we can create."
    I thought the science was fairly settled on this point. You know, if that sort of thing matters to you.

    Comment


    • #3
      What are they thinking....... we all know you pound wealthy with taxes, squeeze the middle class to the last drop and make unemployment benefits last for life, more welfare and food stamps along with free healthcare ......that's the way you do it, "money for nothing and chicks for free".

      Oh and lets get rid of Walmart those blood suckers are selling big screen TV's, microwave ovens and clothing to poor people at prices they can afford and sucking them dry........ the bastards.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yep. Poor people in bad relationships sent all the jobs overseas. The dirty bastards!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          Yep. Poor people in bad relationships sent all the jobs overseas. The dirty bastards!
          Set the straw man down and read the quote again.

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7
              Awesome. Neat model.

              So if you point out that a dyslexic kid is going to have some unique struggles, you're basically just calling him a Tard.

              Which perspective is the sympathetic one again?

              Comment


              • #8
                hit a nerve?

                Comment


                • #9

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                    You forgot about their Obama-mandated insurance coverage.

                    Lazy deadbeats need to get on board so they can subsidize older richer peoples' health.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Please feed the people. They might otherwise become self-sufficient.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                        Please feed the people. They might otherwise become self-sufficient.
                        Oh and let's don't leave out a free Obama Phone

                        <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ax-2i71bqGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                          You forgot about their Obama-mandated insurance coverage.

                          Lazy deadbeats need to get on board so they can subsidize older richer peoples' health.
                          true dat

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                            Oh and let's don't leave out a free Obama Phone

                            <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ax-2i71bqGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                            yawn

                            http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                              Great news!

                              Having toured the country in recent months focusing on the nation's poor, Ryan declared that "the best way to turn from a vicious cycle of despair and learned hopelessness to a virtuous cycle of hope and flourishing is by embracing the attributes of friendship, accountability and love."

                              "That's how you fight poverty," Ryan, the House Budget Committee chairman and 2012 vice presidential nominee, told a crowd of roughly 750 dressed in tuxedos and gowns.

                              http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5313256.html

                              Jeb Bush had to compete with Ryan's love potion: "A loving family taking care of their children in a traditional marriage will create the chance to break out of poverty far better, far better than any of the government programs that we can create."

                              There ya go all you poor folks. It's your own damn fault. You don't need money. You need better relationships.

                              The totally laughable irony of this whole thing, which is completely missed by Ryan and Bush, is that they were delivering these speeches in a room full of multi-millionaires and billionaires.
                              I tend to believe a nurturing, supportive home, ideally with two parents set the framework for the best chances at success. It is the foundation for a child to grow and develop. I don't believe they were saying that is the answer to poverty, but simply it is a key step is helping kids in poverty get out of those circumstances.

                              A majority of poor people work and still are not even close to self sufficiency. They receive Government benefits because this Nation is terrible at creating good, stable well paying jobs at this point in history. Globalization and the rise of US Financialization has sped up that issue, and will continue to make it worse.
                              Last edited by B-Large; 05-13-2014, 09:51 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X