No announcement yet.

Congrats to Canada for having wealthiest middle class in world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also on Norways citizenship page it says you have to be a legal resident of the country for 7 yrs before you can apply for citzenship. You have to speak the language and have not 1 criminal conviction of any kind. Last you have to renounce allegience to your former country.

I bet if repubs but that in any immigration bill the liberals would cry to holy hell it was to harsh.

Comment

Norway is by far the world's biggest oil exporter per capita in the world. It's not even close.

Comment

I don't think Canadains are thwarting oil pipelines either. For our economy to hum along and grow the middle class we have to unleash the energy and mining industries.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
          Since Obama has been president, the middle class in America has been thriving? Taxed more, make less while we have 92 million out of work and records on food stamps and disability not even bothering to look for work. But maybe Harry Reid can develop some pork program he can make millions off of to create a month long job for one of his kids.
          You know next to nothing. Obama has not increased any taxes on the middle class. Although according to Ryan's budget the Republicans would love to tax the middle class more.

People are on food stamps because a person can work full time 40 hours a week on a minimum wage job and still be in poverty.

Corpoations in the FF industry and Wal-Mart are the reason people are on food stamps give people a living wage and food stamps go down.

in 2009 the unemployment rate was over 10% now it is 6.3 % and NOT ONE JOBS BILL WAS PASSED BY CONGRESS.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
            Norway is by far the world's biggest oil exporter per capita in the world. It's not even close.
            Interesting I always thought it would be some tiny country like Kuwait, Quatar, or Brunei. One thing Norway really has going for it is the very low domestic oil consumption - they have so much hydroelectric power that almost all their oil can be sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
              in 2009 the unemployment rate was over 10% now it is 6.3 % and NOT ONE JOBS BILL WAS PASSED BY CONGRESS.
              In large part thanks to the fact that the Labor force shrinking due to Americans giving up looking for work. A percentage that has soared over the past 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                Interesting I always thought it would be some tiny country like Kuwait, Quatar, or Brunei. One thing Norway really has going for it is the very low domestic oil consumption - they have so much hydroelectric power that almost all their oil can be sold.
                Sorry. Dams are also a crime against humanity.

Screw the Norwegian model. All except the free money. Let's do that part.

Comment

try building a dam in the USA nowdays.

The original plan i heard was to dam the whole grand canyon with a series of dams.

Comment

I read an interesting article the other day about what is meant to be middle class. Owning a home, sending your kids to college, having a little money in savings, adequate health care, being able to take a vacation etc. etc. etc...

They compared the U.S to Canada. It was said that Americans would have to make $300,000 to equal a middle class Canadian family according to the middle class matrix that was being used.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                      I read an interesting article the other day about what is meant to be middle class. Owning a home, sending your kids to college, having a little money in savings, adequate health care, being able to take a vacation etc. etc. etc...

They compared the U.S to Canada. It was said that Americans would have to make $300,000 to equal a middle class Canadian family according to the middle class matrix that was being used.
                      I've never seen anything that says Canada has a lower cost of living than the US.

Comment

Oxymoron .........Wealthy Middle Class

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                          try building a dam in the USA nowdays.

The original plan i heard was to dam the whole grand canyon with a series of dams.
                          Would have been a good idea once upon a time, now the river is so low it wouldn't matter anyways.

Since its now the middle and East of the country that gets frequent rain we need to work on identifying potential dam projects in this region.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                            I've never seen anything that says Canada has a lower cost of living than the US.
                            It doesn't.

Consumer Prices in United States are 12.90% lower than in Canada
                            Consumer Prices Including Rent in United States are 8.85% lower than in Canada
                            Rent Prices in United States are 1.67% higher than in Canada
                            Restaurant Prices in United States are 14.38% lower than in Canada
                            Groceries Prices in United States are 13.03% lower than in Canada
                            Local Purchasing Power in United States is 25.25% higher than in Canada
                            Detail: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...=United+States

Comment

Would have been a good idea once upon a time, now the river is so low it wouldn't matter anyways.

Since its now the middle and East of the country that gets frequent rain we need to work on identifying potential dam projects in this region.
                              I doubt you see a big hydroelectric dam ever built again in the USA. Maybe some smaller ones but you won't see anything like the Boulder Dam again. No way the environmentalists would let it through.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post

bs.

Comment

Working...
                                X