Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutthemdown
    replied
    I could see myself switching and becoming Catholic because of the new Pope. He is an inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• barryr
    replied
    Churches do far more to help people than those "preachers" who don't go to church and tell others they have to help others while they sit watching.

Leave a comment:

• Guess Who
    replied
    It is nice the Pope is so humble and talks about the poor. Did the Vatican know what they were getting when they elected this guy? He seems............ so saintly, like Jesus.. I mean literally this guy is what I would picture Jesus being like. It is very refreshing.

Leave a comment:

• El Minion
    replied
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Actually, using your analogy, what the Pope is saying is that if our form of capitalism was the NFL, when a team came into the second half with a forty point lead, the refs would come over to their coach and say, "Since you're up 40, we're going to award you another 10 points."
    Actually a true form of capitalism would be the European soccer league, those teams that are not competitive are bounced out of the Premier division and relegated to a lower division, just as Khan's Fulham soccer teams was this year. The NFL is a cartel, like our government just how the 1% want it, profits flow to them not to the common folk.

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    The new Pope is awesome. He makes me want to get out and help people even though I am a protestant.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    Maybe he's talking about the NFL, I never could figure out why we keep score.
    Actually, using your analogy, what the Pope is saying is that if our form of capitalism was the NFL, when a team came into the second half with a forty point lead, the refs would come over to their coach and say, "Since you're up 40, we're going to award you another 10 points."

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    Yep. Same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Pony Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    "Specifically, this involves challenging all forms of injustices and resisting the economy of exclusion, the throwaway culture and the culture of death which nowadays sadly risk becoming passively accepted," he said.

"Inequality is the root of social evil." Pope Francis

You go, Pope!

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    started a topic Pope Stirring Up More Trouble for Capitalism

Pope Stirring Up More Trouble for Capitalism

"Specifically, this involves challenging all forms of injustices and resisting the economy of exclusion, the throwaway culture and the culture of death which nowadays sadly risk becoming passively accepted," he said.

"Inequality is the root of social evil." Pope Francis
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5294629.html

You go, Pope!
    Last edited by Rohirrim; 05-09-2014, 10:24 AM.
Working...
X