No announcement yet.

SCOTUS allows Christian prayer at town meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does it matter when we are all going to burn in our man made hell known as global warming.

Comment

Obama just said we have flooding, fires, drought, and big storms all because of global warming. Oh my what are we going to do? No reason to even care about him being a spying, lying sob when we have global warming to worry about.

Maybe we will be saved by George Clooney throwing a party at his house.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
        Obama just said we have flooding, fires, drought, and big storms all because of global warming. Oh my what are we going to do? No reason to even care about him being a spying, lying sob when we have global warming to worry about.

Maybe we will be saved by George Clooney throwing a party at his house.
        Obama will be gone in a couple of years, climate change will still be with us.

Warming 'increasingly disruptive' across US - report

Other scientists involved in the report believed that the deadlock in
        Washington didn't reflect the breadth of US attitudes towards climate change.

Businesses, traders and people from all walks of life were seeing the impacts
        and wanted more information.

"It is frustrating - but I am reasonably optimistic," said Dr David Wolfe, another lead author.

"When I move out of the Beltway, I am seeing different things, even among the farmer audience. They are all about making a profit, so they are
        interested in protecting what they've got."

If we don't slam the brakes on the carbon pollution driving climate change, we're dooming ourselves and our children”

Frances Beinecke Natural Resources Defense Council

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27296417

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post
          So what's your beef with the Taliban and Iran's mullahs?

They believe the same thing, just change "God" to "Allah".
          Because I'm a nationalist. **** Iran and Afghanistan. Also I like to party and there is more room for that in Christianity then there is Islam.

To even compare the two religions at this point is a joke. One is tolerant and can exist with modern society, the other can't.

Comment

how about each night we all check in and report the extreme weather from our area. It will help us track for ourselves.

Tonight in Long Beach clear and cool. No sign of global warming here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post

wow, that is terrific. I'd post it on FB but I know I would get killed for it. Friends would go from 200 to 20!!

Comment

Most people aren't really that spiritual. They may choose one organized religion over another based on lifestyle or convenience. People get brainwashed at an early age to really believe in Chritianity/Islam/Buddhism. I think the belief is strong like it is in Santa Claus. Eventually, the belief dies and religion becomes a show. Most people wouldn't go to church if nobody else could see them.
                Last edited by Arkie; 05-08-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

I don't see the problem. If you take the first ammendment literally it is clearly limited to federal legislators. If the state constitution allows for establishing a state religion or doesn't prohibite state and local legislators from establishing an official religion then no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                    I don't see the problem. If you take the first ammendment literally it is clearly limited to federal legislators. If the state constitution allows for establishing a state religion or doesn't prohibite state and local legislators from establishing an official religion then no problem.
                    Wow interesting point. I always love talking about states rights. It's one of those issues we all seem to love, except when a state does something we don't like.

I never really thought about it in terms of religion though. Your theory is very interesting.

I wonder if our states will ever become places drastically different like that. Or if the feds will win and every state will be held in line.

I remember back in the day they used highway funds to force all states to a 21 drinking age.

Comment

Wow interesting point. I always love talking about states rights. It's one of those issues we all seem to love, except when a state does something we don't like.

I never really thought about it in terms of religion though. Your theory is very interesting.

I wonder if our states will ever become places drastically different like that. Or if the feds will win and every state will be held in line.

I remember back in the day they used highway funds to force all states to a 21 drinking age.
                      Feds won a long time ago. Federal law and constitution always supersedes state law and constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda
                        How can you possibly be this clueless? Who taught you this?

I grew up knowing better and I grew up in a strict Christian household with preachers peppered throughout the family tree.

And people wonder why the rest of the world think we're so dumb.
                        Maybe the paint chips?

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                          Feds won a long time ago. Federal law and constitution always supersedes state law and constitution.
                          Yep the feds squashed states rights a long time ago. You're right it is a joke to even think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                            You are so wrong about that.

Comment

Care all you want about what your State does. And have the tolerance to not give a **** about what the rest of them do. This is the model the union was founded on. The breakdown of which is the main reason we struggle so mightily to get along.

Comment

Working...
                              X