SCOTUS allows Christian prayer at town meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W*GS View Post
    As an atheist, I do not pray. Why should any time be set aside and credence given to an entirely pointless and worthless exercise?
    Nevertheless the thread title is misleading. Pretty clear from the opinion that all prayer should be allowed regardless of specific faith.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
      Nevertheless the thread title is misleading. Pretty clear from the opinion that all prayer should be allowed regardless of specific faith.
      And those of us with no faith?

Comment

I have no problem with people praying in school, at work or at sporting events. What I do not think is appropriate is a group prayer. If a child wants to go to school and say a little prayer at his/her desk than that is great but in no way should this be a teacher led prayer. The founding fathers believed in god for the most part but they knew there must be a separation between church and state. This is not a Christian nation it is a Christian dominated country. There are hundreds of religions in this country and they should all be respected equally.

Comment

As an atheist, I do not pray. Why should any time be set aside and credence given to an entirely pointless and worthless exercise?
          Hey we let Nancy and Harry speak. No larger waste of time in the universe than that.

Comment

Who believe they have the freedom to silence others. Tolerance is so unamerican.

Comment

the Christian Taliban are out in full force

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                Who believe they have the freedom to silence others. Tolerance is so unamerican.
                Being asked not to recite a prayer at a government meeting isn't being "silenced" any more than not being allowed to blast Bieber out your windows at 3am, Beav.

Didja ever get that ordinance violation cleared up?

Comment

Being asked not to recite a prayer at a government meeting isn't being "silenced" any more than not being allowed to blast Bieber out your windows at 3am, Beav.

Didja ever get that ordinance violation cleared up?
                  Definitely. We need all the time for really important business such as

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8N2uQ7Fg_Uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Hey we let Nancy and Harry speak. No larger waste of time in the universe than that.
                    We let you post......

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                      We let you post......
                      You wouldn't if you had the choice.

Thought police to the last.

Comment

Comment

"Free exercise" is tougher for some to understand than others.

Comment

You wouldn't if you had the choice.

Thought police to the last.
                            No I would, I just recognize it as being the biggest waste of time in the universe that's all.

Comment

A hymnal to the great void perhaps...

Comment

Have every right to sit there and not give a ****.

Just because they are saying a prayer doesn't mean I have to pay attention. And it doesn't mean anyone is forcing you to recite it with the preacher, elected representative or whoever it is that is reciting it.

You aren't losing any of your god damn rights if you have to hear a prayer.

I have zero "faith" in any religion, but I don't get my panties in a wad when I hear a prayer.

Comment

Working...
                                X