Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"White Privilege"--very well stated Young man!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "White Privilege"--very well stated Young man!

    https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...182554683.html

    "I do condemn them for diminishing everything I have personally accomplished, all the hard work I have done in my life, and for ascribing all the fruit I reap not to the seeds I sow but to some invisible patron saint of white maleness who places it out for me before I even arrive."

  • #2
    Originally posted by txtebow View Post
    https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...182554683.html

    "I do condemn them for diminishing everything I have personally accomplished, all the hard work I have done in my life, and for ascribing all the fruit I reap not to the seeds I sow but to some invisible patron saint of white maleness who places it out for me before I even arrive."
    , read the article and then you see the liberal left's answer, it's literally this: Fortgang is uneducated.

    That's it, that is all the critics are saying. Fortgang just doesn't understand.

    See, I told everyone here that when someone disagrees with the left they will resort to saying you are uneducated. So predictable. So sad.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
      See, I told everyone here that when someone disagrees with the left they will resort to saying you are uneducated. So predictable. So sad.
      NOWHERE do any of the "liberal" responses state, or even imply, that Fortgang is "uneducated". NOWHERE. If they do, please quote where they do so. The truth is that the responses are very respectful For example:

      “It’s the wrong thing to demonize this gentleman, though. [His essay] just reveals how much work there is to be done.”

      So, the only thing predictable and sad here is you. You can't counter the arguments, so you make sh*t up. Predictable and sad.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        NOWHERE do any of the "liberal" responses state, or even imply, that Fortgang is "uneducated". NOWHERE. If they do, please quote where they do so. The truth is that the responses are very respectful For example:

        “It’s the wrong thing to demonize this gentleman, though. [His essay] just reveals how much work there is to be done.”

        So, the only thing predictable and sad here is you. You can't counter the arguments, so you make sh*t up. Predictable and sad.
        No, what's sad (and pathetic) is how so many wet behind the ears WHITE PEOPLE so readily accept the notion of "WHITE PRIVILEGE" as being a legitimate MODERN factor for success in America TODAY. WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by txtebow View Post
          No, what's sad (and pathetic) is how so many wet behind the ears WHITE PEOPLE so readily accept the notion of "WHITE PRIVILEGE" as being a legitimate MODERN factor for success in America TODAY. WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....
          That's probably true and has been for a couple of generations now. Why do you keep posting about it?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baja View Post
            That's probably true and has been for a couple of generations now. Why do you keep posting about it?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by baja View Post
              That's probably true and has been for a couple of generations now. Why do you keep posting about it?
              Because that phrase is getting more and more main stream media coverage; it's a creation from the fringe of the left wing; it's divisive, demeaning and anyone who chooses to use that term should be regarded as racist.

              The fact that the yahoo article linked in post 1 displayed a " counter point" to the gentleman who refuted the whole notion of " white privilege" shows where the MSM 's leanings truly are...
              Last edited by txtebow; 05-03-2014, 06:45 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by txtebow View Post
                Because that phrase is getting more and more main stream media coverage; it's a creation from the fringe of the left wing; it's divisive, demeaning and anyone who chooses to use that term should be regarded as racist.
                You should watch this;

                http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/generation_zero

                I think you will find it very interesting. Let me know if you liked it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by txtebow View Post
                  Because that phrase is getting more and more main stream media coverage; it's a creation from the fringe of the left wing; it's divisive, demeaning and anyone who chooses to use that term should be regarded as racist.

                  The fact that the yahoo article linked in post 1 displayed a " counter point" to the gentleman who refuted the whole notion of " white privilege" shows where the MSM 's leanings truly are...
                  So, you are pointing out modern day white man's propensity to self loathing and a misplaced guilt over treatment of blacks by previous generations. Embracing the Political Correct dictate "I am white therefore I am unworthy" sweeping the socal fabric? Ya I see that happening as well.

                  It is why PC is such a powerful tool in the hands of the belief controllers . Big Problem for society to work through, no doubt!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by baja View Post
                    You should watch this;

                    http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/generation_zero

                    I think you will find it very interesting. Let me know if you liked it.
                    You're likely some late 50s early 60ish bachelor whose legacy will come to an end with your last breath. For those of us who have children, the changing political and social dynamics in the USA are of the upmost importance particularly since the pendulum has swung from equality of opportunity to equality of outcomes. I don't expect you to understand.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by txtebow View Post
                      You're likely some late 50s early 60ish bachelor whose legacy will come to an end with your last breath. For those of us who have children, the changing political and social dynamics in the USA are of the upmost importance particularly since the pendulum has swung from equality of opportunity to equality of outcomes. I don't expect you to understand.
                      Dude watch the film I get what you are saying that's why I posted the link.

                      It's a little off topic but it lays out and interesting generational cycle.

                      Guess what generation is generation zero? My generation, baby boomers / rebels of the 60's / yuppies of the 80 & 90's / Greedy fat cats of today. That's who broke the game. The film does not have a solution that is realistic but it damn well lays out how we got to today financially. That's the part worth watching.

                      And you're wrong about me not caring. I live vey lightly on the earth.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by txtebow View Post
                        WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....
                        To an extent I agree with this. But, who has most of the wealth that fuels this ongoing and growing "wealthy privilege"?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                          NOWHERE do any of the "liberal" responses state, or even imply, that Fortgang is "uneducated". NOWHERE. If they do, please quote where they do so. The truth is that the responses are very respectful For example:

                          “It’s the wrong thing to demonize this gentleman, though. [His essay] just reveals how much work there is to be done.”

                          So, the only thing predictable and sad here is you. You can't counter the arguments, so you make sh*t up. Predictable and sad.

                          Others, though, were not as impressed. Some tweets noted that the student did not seem to understand the concept of privilege. In an opinion piece published in the Columbia Spectator, of Columbia University, students Dunni Oduyemi and Parul Guliani wrote that Fortgang’s piece inspired a “collective Eye roll.” They continue, “We decided that we had to respond to this op-ed, which completely misses the point and grossly misinterprets the meaning of privilege and the way it functions.” In addition, they note, “Recognizing the fact that white men benefit from the kinds of racist and sexist structures on which American society is built isn’t meant to diminish his accomplishments. It’s meant to remind us that white men don’t have an inherent predilection for success — the odds have just been stacked in their favor.”

                          It's pretty simple, they are saying Fortgang simply doesn't know what they are talking about which means he is uneducated in his opinion. I disagree, I think Fortgang is smart enough, and educated enough to know exactly their point, Fortgang is simply calling it BS. So, Fortgang disagrees with them, nothing more.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                            To an extent I agree with this. But, who has most of the wealth that fuels this ongoing and growing "wealthy privilege"?
                            A tiny % of the general population who claim European ancestry in the United States.

                            And the remedy as currently proposed by leftists like you? Creating artificial OUTCOMES for non whites. Our culture has evolved from " equal opportunity" ( which I 110% support) to mandating artificial outcomes based upon race. ( NYC fire fighters are a great example-- can't pass a written exam to the same extent as white applicants?? NO PROBLEM! Here's a badge AND BACK PAY for " discrimination". )


                            Going forward, I am all for aid and opportunity in college placement and for business contracts and loans for those academically qualified applicants who come from families making $60,000 or less annually. That is a fair and equitable way to potentiate the rebirth of the American dream. Race absolutely should not be a factor for consideration.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                              Others, though, were not as impressed. Some tweets noted that the student did not seem to understand the concept of privilege. In an opinion piece published in the Columbia Spectator, of Columbia University, students Dunni Oduyemi and Parul Guliani wrote that Fortgang’s piece inspired a “collective Eye roll.” They continue, “We decided that we had to respond to this op-ed, which completely misses the point and grossly misinterprets the meaning of privilege and the way it functions.” In addition, they note, “Recognizing the fact that white men benefit from the kinds of racist and sexist structures on which American society is built isn’t meant to diminish his accomplishments. It’s meant to remind us that white men don’t have an inherent predilection for success — the odds have just been stacked in their favor.”

                              It's pretty simple, they are saying Fortgang simply doesn't know what they are talking about which means he is uneducated in his opinion. I disagree, I think Fortgang is smart enough, and educated enough to know exactly their point, Fortgang is simply calling it BS. So, Fortgang disagrees with them, nothing more.

                              Exactly.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X