Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Z wears emblem of anti-white hate group

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cked-weak.html

The Brooklyn-born rapper wore a medallion representing the Five Percent Nation at a Nets game last week
    One of the main tenets of the Nation of Islam offshoot is that white people are 'weak and wicked' and that black men hold the power of God.

What do you guys think? Should they send a message all racism will not be tolerated by agents of NBA players by suspending and fining Jay Z?

If a white guy had wore a KKK emblem or something similar, it would have been all over the news 5 minutes later. There are just as many black racists as white, don't kid yourselves folks.

Comment

this topic du jour sucks. as does the nba. let's move on.

Comment

Unfortunately this country seems to be moving in the wrong direction as far as race relation. Until we can have a complete sit down dialog and be comfortable as a nation moving forward it will continue to be divisive.

Comment

Yeah, it could happen.

Comment

5% NOI aren't bad, I've known several. If I'm not mistaken, they were formed around the same time that FBI initiated cointelpro to destroy the Black Panthers.

They claim they're muslim, but they're not. Regular muslims are about peace and inclusion. The 5% pretty much try to copy secret societies like the Mason's, while falsely attributing to Islamic principles. You have to remember, they were formed before the internet existed, when basically no one in the US was muslim. That's why Malcolm X denounced them before his death and studied the true religion of Islam (which is for everybody).

I don't believe in gangs, but when you're getting thrown in jail simply for trying to defend yourselves, it's not difficult to see why the group was formed.

Comment

sigh. I said this in another thread and I will say it here. Historical significance and the amount of damage that was caused, dictates the level of outrage in today's society. Anyone can say or do anything they want, but if it doesn't have a large enough impact in the collective minds of people, then no one really cares.

Comment

Cutt is desperate,couple of his heros in bundy and sterling have been exposed and he feels the need to find some bogus **** to deflect with.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                  5% NOI aren't bad, I've known several. If I'm not mistaken, they were formed around the same time that FBI initiated cointelpro to destroy the Black Panthers.

They claim they're muslim, but they're not. Regular muslims are about peace and inclusion. The 5% pretty much try to copy secret societies like the Mason's, while falsely attributing to Islamic principles. You have to remember, they were formed before the internet existed, when basically no one in the US was muslim. That's why Malcolm X denounced them before his death and studied the true religion of Islam (which is for everybody).

I don't believe in gangs, but when you're getting thrown in jail simply for trying to defend yourselves, it's not difficult to see why the group was formed.
                  I know little to nothing about the 5% NOI, which is why I choose to not defend or condemn it. What I do know is people are quick to jump on something without getting the full story and meaning behind it. Then spew out a bunch of stupidity, showing their ignorance.
                  Last edited by HILife; 04-29-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Carmelo Anthony is affiliated with them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HILife View Post
                      I know little to nothing about the 5% NOI, which is why I choice to not defend or condemn it. What I do know is people are quick to jump on something without getting the full story and meaning behind it. Then spew out a bunch of stupidity, showing their ignorance.
                      It used to be that 5% would sell bean pies and hand out copies of 'the Final Call' on the street corner before the internet. Any knowledge is good knowledge, so nobody should really have anything against them. Elijah Muhammed get's too much stuff twisted up, though. That's why they never really had a real future. It's like if someone read a couple pages from the Quran, tried to memorize it, and then applied it to masonic beliefs.

I think they began in NY, with names like Original Mathematics, Scientific, etc. As long as it's all based in gaining knowledge, it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Flacko View Post
                        If I'm not mistaken, Carmelo Anthony is affiliated with them as well.
                        Carmelo Anthony never struck me as a cerebral type, not even at their level. He probably copied a medallion that some of his childhood friends wear, and put a lot of diamonds in it.

Probably not a lot of blinged-out 5% medallions out there, so it instantly becomes a fashion piece that a guy like Jay Z would want to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                          Carmelo Anthony never struck me as a cerebral type, not even at their level. He probably copied a medallion that some of his childhood friends wear, and put a lot of diamonds in it.

Probably not a lot of blinged-out 5% medallions out there, so it instantly becomes a fashion piece that a guy like Jay Z would want to wear.
                          Wu tang was wearing it a long time ago.

You want to learn what it's about? Read some michael Muhammad knight books.
                          Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 04-29-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cked-weak.html

The Brooklyn-born rapper wore a medallion representing the Five Percent Nation at a Nets game last week
                            One of the main tenets of the Nation of Islam offshoot is that white people are 'weak and wicked' and that black men hold the power of God.

What do you guys think? Should they send a message all racism will not be tolerated by agents of NBA players by suspending and fining Jay Z?
                            Sounds like JZ increased his problem count from 99 to 100

Edit: forgot to mention that Beyonce remains absent from this list.

Comment

Jay-z literally has no idea what his own beliefs are month to month, so this doesn't surprise me. He's an idiot whose face always looks swollen like someone with a peanut allergy who just bit into a payday.

Comment

Working...
                              X