Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look at this BACKASSWARD New York Times HEADLINE....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Look at this BACKASSWARD New York Times HEADLINE....

    "Racial Equality Loses at the Court"


    Instead of focusing on the fact that singling out race as an admission factor is in fact RACIST, the NYT in their "down is up" world, pounds the drum for the leftist rallying cry of "racial inequality"........


    A blinkered view of race in America won out in the Supreme Court on Tuesday when six justices agreed, for various reasons, to allow Michigan voters to ban race-conscious admissions policies in higher education"

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/op...?emc=eta1&_r=1

  • #2
    and leave it to Justice Sotomayor to be "eloquent" as the NYT's puts it, in her dissent:

    In the most eloquent part of her dissent, Justice Sotomayor rightly took aim at the conservative members of the court, who speak high-mindedly of racial equality even as they write off decades-old precedent meant to address the lingering effects of “centuries of racial discrimination” — a view that is “out of touch with reality.” The reality, she wrote, is that “race matters.”


    "RACE MATTERS"--JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR.

    REMEMBER THIS QUOTE.

    Comment


    • #3
      And excellent take form the comment section:

      "As soon as the "level playing field" was achieved legally, special privileges then were demanded. One of these special privileges was the special privilege of establishing onerous rules for whites even when these had nothing to do with whether there was minority outreach or not. More than minority inclusion, it is the affirmative exclusion of white men that make the Affirmative Action system so onerous.
      Throughout American history, whatever the extant racial system was, that was the system for everyone and defined everyone's conditions of life. Roughly, the succession of systems has been, slavery (till 1865), segregation (1865-1945), equality (1945-1970), and Disparate Impact or Affirmative Action (1970 till the present). In my estimation, racial relations were best during the equality era. Equality actually was working better and better as time went on, and outreach could have been implement without the twisted monstrosities of the Affirmative Action system. I was there, and I do know.
      Each of these successive systems existed because it had a legal existence, in every case affirmed by the Supreme Court. Until the Supreme Court overtly rejects Disparate Impact as unconstitutional, even if there is some other form of outreach, the Disparate Impact system will continue. The Supreme Court has yet to overturn this system, which the Court itself created of its own accord in the early 1970s, with Thurgood Marshall, Harry Blackmun and William Brennan playing the principal role.
      You might want to know, Disparate Impact operates by applying antitrust law to race relations. Under Disparate Impact, whites, white men especially, are treated as a monopoly entity subject to special rules, sanctions and punishments other entities are not subject to. Under constitutional law, the 14th Amendment is the basis and authority for antitrust law. So, applying antitrust law to race relations is seen thereby as not a 14th Amendment violation. Even though antitrust law never was meant to be applied to individuals, only business entities. You see why the regime wants to hold to the idea that everything an individual does constitutes commerce. Only then can the ordinary activities of individuals be regulated under antitrust law and the commerce clause."
      Last edited by txtebow; 04-25-2014, 07:01 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        This is why liberals just have no clue. They believe giving people and groups special or extra rights will somehow make the country be at peace and that constitutes "fairness." Even MLK saw that wasn't the way to go. Just ensure everyone the same rights and chances and there you go. Not this nonsense "we have to hire or admit this many whites, blacks, latin, asian, etc." Just as your race shouldn't be a factor in not getting something, nor should it be a factor in getting something either. I know, like having elected Obama, they think greatly of themselves of electing a black man, and this is what this is all about. Make themselves feel good, like they are really doing something. But if they truly looked at what they have done to the black community especially, there would not be much to pat themselves on the back about. As been mentioned, high abortion rates, high fatherless rates, high drug use, gangs, convictions, high unemployment, etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by barryr View Post
          This is why liberals just have no clue. They believe giving people and groups special or extra rights will somehow make the country be at peace and that constitutes "fairness." Even MLK saw that wasn't the way to go. Just ensure everyone the same rights and chances and there you go. Not this nonsense "we have to hire or admit this many whites, blacks, latin, asian, etc." Just as your race shouldn't be a factor in not getting something, nor should it be a factor in getting something either. I know, like having elected Obama, they think greatly of themselves of electing a black man, and this is what this is all about. Make themselves feel good, like they are really doing something. But if they truly looked at what they have done to the black community especially, there would not be much to pat themselves on the back about. As been mentioned, high abortion rates, high fatherless rates, high drug use, gangs, convictions, high unemployment, etc.
          This nation treats blacks and browns like they are retarded step children who need to be coddled and who are incapable of accomplishing things without the invisible hand of the government swooping in under the guise of "equality"..... Affirmative Action should be a relic of the past just as segregation is......

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by txtebow View Post
            This nation treats blacks and browns like they are retarded step children who need to be coddled and who are incapable of accomplishing things without the invisible hand of the government swooping in under the guise of "equality"..... Affirmative Action should be a relic of the past just as segregation is......
            Pretty much, but the liberals like to throw around the "racism" label when in fact, it is them that thinks they are too weak and dumb to accomplish anything without help. But that's not racism though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by barryr View Post
              Pretty much, but the liberals like to throw around the "racism" label when in fact, it is them that thinks they are too weak and dumb to accomplish anything without help. But that's not racism though.
              precisely.

              Comment

              Working...
              X