No announcement yet.

The ACA covering more people than first reported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People that did not have insurance now have it. People that would be dead today now are getting treatment. Whatever noise you people make will not take that away and there is no way you can say any different.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
      People that did not have insurance now have it. People that would be dead today now are getting treatment. Whatever noise you people make will not take that away and there is no way you can say any different.
      The problem is the statistics covering the overall population are not available yet to prove or disapprove your statement. A this point your statement is only wishful thinking.

There is much to be revealed

Comment

So basically what you're saying is Obama is killing people by delaying the much larger employer mandate.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
          The problem is the statistics covering the overall population are not available yet to prove or disapprove your statement. A this point your statement is only wishful thinking.

There is much to be revealed
          There are less insured now than in 2008. Some victory.

They squint and count everyone they booted from coverage, and everyone who signed up for Medicaid, expansion or no, and everyone who got insurance through an employer (mandate or no)

Then they immediately change the way Census collects data so there can be no Apples to Apples comparison on anything. Herald the seen. Bury the unseen. Win elections.

What they still don't realize is there are still bills that have to be paid. And political cheerleading doesn't cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
            There are less insured now than in 2008. Some victory.

They squint and count everyone they booted from coverage, and everyone who signed up for Medicaid, expansion or no, and everyone who got insurance through an employer (mandate or no)

Then they immediately change the way Census collects data so there can be no Apples to Apples comparison on anything. Herald the seen. Bury the unseen. Win elections.

What they still don't realize is there are still bills that have to be paid. And political cheerleading doesn't cover it.
            Personally I think Obamacare is a planned program to bankrupt America but I can't know that for sure because the program in in it's transition stage and will be tweaked many many times. Too soon to tell one way or the other.

Comment

I trust the Democratic governemnt more than the Koch brothers.

What is the Kock brothers plan for healthcare?
              Die. And soon.

Comment

So basically what you're saying is Obama is killing people by delaying the much larger employer mandate.
                I guess you could say that

Comment

I guess you could say that
                  So why aren't you complaining about it? Scared to criticize a black democrat?

Comment

Wow talk about your shell game. They measure the low point from where all the Obamacare cancellations are in full swing and then count all the people returning to some form of coverage as 'gaining' coverage.

Oh and treating every medicaid enrollment as if it had anything to do with ACA. I wonder if it occurred to them that many people sign up for Medicaid every year, regardless of whatever the ACA did.

Anyway, this puts this whole shell game in easier-to-digest terms/

Statistically, we're basically back to where we were at the beginning of 2013 or 2011. It takes a special talent for data massage to look at all the upheaval from then to now and see substantial net benefit.

Prototypical proggie 'problem solving' though. Create the problem. Then take credit for 'solving' it.
                    The criteria and some income limits were changed in January, due to the ACA, to some Medicaid programs allowing more people to be eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                      So why aren't you complaining about it? Scared to criticize a black democrat?
                      Over and over again Obama has not stood up to the Republicans like I would have liked. He has tried to negotiate with them when there was no chance the Republicans would ever deal with him. I have said this many times. Instead of trying to appease the Republicans he should have stuck with the mandate. There, happy.

I thought Republicans were supposed to be all about taking responsibility for oneself. You know people that refuse to get insurance go to the ER when they get injured or sick and ALL THE REST of us with insurance have to pay for them.

That sounds like Welfare Healthcare to me. Why would any Republican want that?

Under the ACA everybody takes responsibility for their own healthcare and the Welfare Healthcare system can be put on life support.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                        Die. And soon.

Comment

Over and over again Obama has not stood up to the Republicans like I would have liked. He has tried to negotiate with them when there was no chance the Republicans would ever deal with him. I have said this many times. Instead of trying to appease the Republicans he should have stuck with the mandate. There, happy.

I thought Republicans were supposed to be all about taking responsibility for oneself. You know people that refuse to get insurance go to the ER when they get injured or sick and ALL THE REST of us with insurance have to pay for them.

Under the ACA everybody takes responsibility for their own healthcare and the Welfare Healthcare system can be put on life support.
                          Yeah, negotiate like he did with Obamacare? Whatever. He hasn't worked with anybody and even needed to make sweet under the table deals with some democrats along the way.

Illegals are getting insurance and will stop using the ER? Where did all the extra doctors come from now that all these supposed new to the insurance plan?

Why did people who were happy with their insurance have theirs even messed with?

And again, if this program is so great, why is Obama suspending the employer mandate to magically coincide with elections? Republicans are at fault for that too?

You deny people are not paying more? You deny people are not having their deductibles raised? Tell me who aren't in complete denial.
                          Last edited by barryr; 04-19-2014, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Wow what epic fail. Your President is so anti-compromise he wouldn't support a bill that did exactly what he himself did via (illegal) executive order. He shut down the government over an employer mandate delay and then a few months later enacted the same thing himself.

He doesn't care to compromise because he only cares about appearing to win.

Comment

Wow what epic fail. Your President is so anti-compromise he wouldn't support a bill that did exactly what he himself did via (illegal) executive order. He shut down the government over an employer mandate delay and then a few months later enacted the same thing himself.

He doesn't care to compromise because he only cares about appearing to win.
                              ! Talk about revisionist history. Republicans demanded Obamcare be completely defunded. Then when that didn't go over well they demanded that the ENTIRE LAW be delayed for a year, not just the employer mandate. And it was republicans who shut down the government over these demands. Everybody knows this except you apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
                                ! Talk about revisionist history. Republicans demanded Obamcare be completely defunded. Then when that didn't go over well they demanded that the ENTIRE LAW be delayed for a year, not just the employer mandate. And it was republicans who shut down the government over these demands. Everybody knows this except you apparently.
                                EEEEHHHHHHHH.

Wrong answer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_4018547.html

House GOP's Third Shutdown Offer Would Delay Individual Mandate By One Year
                                The Kool-Aid drinkers believe it when they're told 'hey we wanted to compromise' meanwhile Republicans made demands then repeatedly dialed them back (compromised) until it became clear that the President didn't want good policy. He wanted media wins.

It continues to this day. And you keep working that pole.

Comment

Working...
                                X