Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bundy's Nevada Militia are Homegrown Taliban?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundy's Nevada Militia are Homegrown Taliban?

That Sean Hannity and other far right wing pundits are supporting the regional militiamen and their mooching hero rather than the US government gives you an idea what side they’d be on if they were in Pakistan…

Five ways the militia resemble the Taliban:
    http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...liban_20140416

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i7Eq4-p749A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i7Eq4-p749A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      Talk about getting buffaloed by your own bull****. Did you read the this guy's smoking gun? Here it is: http://www.thewildlifenews.com/wp-co...e-Trespass.pdf

Read the whole thing, not just the completely misrepresented line your video narrator has obviously misread. What does that say?

Non-Governmental Organizations have expressed concern that the regional mitigation strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy
      Zone utilizes Gold Butte as the location for offsite mitigation for impacts from solar development, and that those restoration
      activities are not durable with the presence of trespass cattle.

What does "regional mitigation strategy" mean? It means they are building solar farms elsewhere and need to preserve other wildlife habitats to make up for the loss of habitat where the solar farms are. But, but, but, your narrator says Harry Reid and blah, blah, blah. Nowhere in that document does anything have anything to do with Harry Reid. Completely unsubstantiated assumption with no basis in fact, but with a convincing narrator on an internet video.

Here's the rest of that "cache capture" this convincing narrator doesn't want you to read...

Examples of Public Concerns
      Residents of the communities of Bunkerville and Mesquite have complained about the impact of cattle on city facilities. Within the last month, letters requesting action have also been received from several individuals, Friends of Nevada Wilderness, Friends of Gold Butte and Friends of Joshua Tree Forest.
      The Center for Biological Diversity has demanded action to resolve trespass in designated critical desert tortoise habitat in
      several letters. Western Watersheds has requested a verbal status update and later filed a Freedom of Information Act request.
      Examples of Natural and Cultural Resource Damage
      Cattle have crushed artifacts at the "Red Racer" and St. Thomas cultural sites.
      Damage to springs, including fecal contamination, trampling soils and vegetation and impacts to wildlife. Wildlife will avoid
      springs with large numbers of cattle.
      Damage to springs with sensitive amphibians, including the rare relict leopard frog.
      Multiple instances of vegetation damage to rare plants, including on monitoring plots after extensive wildfires within critical
      habitat for Desert Tortoise.
      Unauthorized reservoir constructed with bulldozer twice.

I agree that Harry Reid is an unsavory character, but still, claims require proof. If not for the frenzy of unfounded claims on the internet, how could we get by? We would be so uninformed.

Comment

Why yes Ro. your federal government works tirelessly in your behalf, how could I have been so silly.

Comment

Better than allowing every internet conspiracy theory that pops up to yank me around like a marionette.

I've worked in the government. You'll be shocked to know that there are a lot of dedicated, hardworking professionals doing their best for the American people via government work. I know it doesn't fit the Right Wing/Taliban dogma, or the Left Wing/hysterical dogma either, but I've actually seen it and experienced it. If we could peel off the unwanted influence of special interests, we just might have something worthwhile there. I know it's much easier to just say, "Government is a giant boogeyman! Let's tear it all down." Then I always have to wonder, and replace it with what? The Koch's Libertarian/John Birch vision? Karl Marx's utopia? No thanks.
          Last edited by Rohirrim; 04-16-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

The NSA, DHS, IRS, CIA, FBI, TSA, FIMA, BLM, FDA, TFA all tirelessly working for the good of us all.

Comment

The NSA, DHS, IRS, CIA, FBI, TSA, FIMA, BLM, FDA, TFA all tirelessly working for the good of us all.
              My cousin has worked in the NSA for thirty years. Yes, he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                My cousin has worked in the NSA for thirty years. Yes, he does.
                Of course there are good people in all those organizations but they are on a meed to know bases.

I am sure there are good people in the Attorney General's office but the guy at the top, Eric Holder is a lying scumbag.

Comment

I would argue that the overwhelming majority of crimes and misdemeanors carried out by our government over the last fifty years, at least, have been due to what Eisenhower called the "unwarranted influence" of "... the military-industrial complex" or by other super powerful special interests, chief among them being the oil industry, the banksters, and the financial industry. Our idea of government is under constant attack. We should be defending it, not joining in the attack.

Comment

Five ways the militia resemble the Taliban
                    No. No no no no no no no no.

The feds way overstepped on something that could have been solved by the IRS. No Taliban wannabes here.

Comment

Maybe the way to defend our government is to stop electing politicians that are bought and paid for by the interests you mention.

Comment

Another loss for Obama and more evidence that he is a poor leader.

Comment

Maybe we should just adhere to the constitution and the bill of rights.

Comment

Maybe the way to defend our government is to stop electing politicians that are bought and paid for by the interests you mention.
                            The SCOTUS disagrees with you.

Comment

The SCOTUS disagrees with you.
                              Gee really, who knew!

Comment

Working...
                              X