Bundy Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundy Ranch

anyone else following this? nevada trying to take a guys cattle for grazing on what they claim is federal land, but his family had a grazing permit for that land since the 1870s until it was supposedly revoked in 1993.

http://rt.com/usa/bundy-ranch-nevada-tensions-940/

He stopped paying in 1993 and they said fine you cant graze anymore.

Comment

They have enough time to deal with this but they can't fix the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
        They have enough time to deal with this but they can't fix the economy?
        That and the heavy armor, snipers and paramilitary vehicles seem like a bit of overkill to oust an 80 year old rancher. More on your point it kills me when Congress has time for steroid hearings and everything but what we care about.

Comment

This is all about Harry Ried and his big donor Whitmore who wants the land for solar power. Whitmore was convicted of illegal campaign donations to Reid. Now Reid has one of his former advisors as the BLM Chief and he is using him to rewrite the rules and force this rancher out.

This could be a good issue for the repubs in the Senate races in areas that are rural and general don't like the feds. Show them what the dems are like when they are in office and control the Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojef View Post
            That and the heavy armor, snipers and paramilitary vehicles seem like a bit of overkill to oust an 80 year old rancher. More on your point it kills me when Congress has time for steroid hearings and everything but what we care about.
            Well, there are militia crazies from all over the country that have come out to "protect him from tyranny."

I guess I don't see what they're supposed to do. The ranchers all around him pay fees for grazing, and they're limited with how many cattle they can put on the land. He is in arrears on fees to the tune of $1.1 million, and he puts as many cattle on the land as he wants. The government has gotten court order after court order over the last twenty years, requiring him to pay or remove his cattle. He's thumbed his nose at them, for twenty years.

So, last fall, they give him one last warning, telling him to remove his cattle, or have them taken from him. He tells them to pound sand, and has all these crazies with guns show up for a good, old-fashioned stand-off. When the government shows up equally armed, the Bundy family starts screaming tyranny and oppression.

So, here's my question. If I go down to my local public park, put up a fence, and argue that it once was owned by my ancestors, should I just be left alone? What if I bring guns? What if I argue REALLY LOUD that I am in the right? At what point is it okay to come and forcibly remove me from the area?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	govt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	2351362

Comment

That is literally one of the dumbest pictures I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                  Well, there are militia crazies from all over the country that have come out to "protect him from tyranny."

I guess I don't see what they're supposed to do. The ranchers all around him pay fees for grazing, and they're limited with how many cattle they can put on the land. He is in arrears on fees to the tune of $1.1 million, and he puts as many cattle on the land as he wants. The government has gotten court order after court order over the last twenty years, requiring him to pay or remove his cattle. He's thumbed his nose at them, for twenty years.

So, last fall, they give him one last warning, telling him to remove his cattle, or have them taken from him. He tells them to pound sand, and has all these crazies with guns show up for a good, old-fashioned stand-off. When the government shows up equally armed, the Bundy family starts screaming tyranny and oppression.

So, here's my question. If I go down to my local public park, put up a fence, and argue that it once was owned by my ancestors, should I just be left alone? What if I bring guns? What if I argue REALLY LOUD that I am in the right? At what point is it okay to come and forcibly remove me from the area?

I actually agree with the government on this one. The rancher is in the wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

You don't understand. The Nazis are coming!!!

Comment

This is about water and special interest groups...rancher is in the way...just like you and your health care were in the way of millions of dollars for someone else (that paid to have their man in office). The greed in this country will be the downfall.

When was the last time the BLM needed $1M?...c'mon and wake up...don't buy into the lie - there is an agenda here and it's more than just cattle and grazing fees. Feds are violating human rights to protest and giving out orders like they own these people...it's pretty disgusting.

Harry Reid keeps finding ways to win in Nevada even though we all know he's corrupt to the very core. The IRS scandal is child's play to good ole Harry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gov. Brian Sandoval released the following statement on Tuesday in regards to the controversial cattle roundup near Bunkerville, Nevada. "Due to the roundup by the BLM, my office has received numerous complaints of BLM conduct, road closures and other disturbances. I have recently met with state legislators, county officials and concerned citizens to listen to their concerns.
                      I have expressed those concerns directly to the BLM. Most disturbing to me is the BLM's establishment of a 'First Amendment Area' that tramples upon Nevadans' fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution.
                      To that end, I have advised the BLM that such conduct is offensive to me and countless others and that the 'First Amendment Area' should be dismantled immediately.
                      No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans.
                      The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole idea of the Bureau of Land Management control is ridiculous. We are a country of sovereign states and what is within the borders of each state belongs to that state. Each state should also own whatever precious metals, oil reserves and water sources that are within their state. A Tariff should be charged for exporting these resources similar to what is done in Alaska.
                      Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 04-11-2014, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I thought this was about the bunny ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                          You don't understand. The Nazis are coming!!!
                          They're already here and in power, most of you are just complicit and care more about your weed and video games than to pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
                            This is about water and special interest groups...rancher is in the way...just like you and your health care were in the way of millions of dollars for someone else (that paid to have their man in office). The greed in this country will be the downfall.

When was the last time the BLM needed $1M?...c'mon and wake up...don't buy into the lie - there is an agenda here and it's more than just cattle and grazing fees. Feds are violating human rights to protest and giving out orders like they own these people...it's pretty disgusting.

Harry Reid keeps finding ways to win in Nevada even though we all know he's corrupt to the very core. The IRS scandal is child's play to good ole Harry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gov. Brian Sandoval released the following statement on Tuesday in regards to the controversial cattle roundup near Bunkerville, Nevada. "Due to the roundup by the BLM, my office has received numerous complaints of BLM conduct, road closures and other disturbances. I have recently met with state legislators, county officials and concerned citizens to listen to their concerns.
                            I have expressed those concerns directly to the BLM. Most disturbing to me is the BLM's establishment of a 'First Amendment Area' that tramples upon Nevadans' fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution.
                            To that end, I have advised the BLM that such conduct is offensive to me and countless others and that the 'First Amendment Area' should be dismantled immediately.
                            No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans.
                            The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole idea of the Bureau of Land Management control is ridiculous. We are a country of sovereign states and what is within the borders of each state belongs to that state. Each state should also own whatever precious metals, oil reserves and water sources that are within their state. A Tariff should be charged for exporting these resources similar to what is done in Alaska.
                            Love how BLM gave the protestors a 1st amendment zone too. Last time I checked we lived in America and the first amendment applied everywhere not just where the govt wants us to protest.

Comment

Coyote Springs, Nevada, is a master-planned community being developed in Lincoln County and Clark County, Nevada. The community was initially planned by developer and attorney-lobbyist Harvey Whittemore and Pardee Homes. Thomas Seeno and Albert Seeno, Jr. became the sole owners of Coyote Springs following Whittemore's resignation from the Wingfield Nevada Holding Group amidst legal troubles. No homes had been built as of 2013, and a Wingfield spokesperson predicted that construction remained years away.

Coyote Springs has proven controversial because of environmental issues and allegations of perceived favours granted developer Harvey Whittemore by politicians including Senator Harry Reid.<sup id="cite_ref-LVRJ20090211_4-1" class="reference">[4]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-RJ03092006_6-0" class="reference">[6]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-LAT20082006_7-0" class="reference">[7]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-Portfolio_8-0" class="reference">[8]</sup> In 2012, Whittemore was convicted on three felony charges related to illegal campaign donations to Harry Reid.
                              Whittemore split from his business partners, Thomas Seeno and Albert Seeno, Jr., in 2010, resigning from Wingfield Holding Group and selling his stake in Coyote Springs. The Seenos had accused Whittemore of embezzling funds from the company, including improper use of Wingfield resources to support the troubled Whittemore Peterson Institute. Whittemore responded with a countersuit. Wingfield and Pardee Homes have also been engaged in legal battles.<sup id="cite_ref-ElectricSun_2-3" class="reference">[2]</sup>
                              In February 2009, the Center for Biological Diversity, an environmental advocacy group, announced plans to sue the United States Fish and Wildlife Service and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for violations of the Endangered Species Act. The Center contends the Coyote Springs development and resultant loss of water resources and habitat would harm the desert tortoise and potentially hasten the extinction of the Moapa dace, both endangered species. The Fish and Wildlife Service and Nevada's water authority responded that they, too, are interested in protecting the Moapa dace, a small fish living in the Muddy River north of Las Vegas.<sup id="cite_ref-LVRJ20090211_4-2" class="reference">[4]</sup>

<sup>Look at this place and ask yourself What purpose in is a Golf Course serving out here using up THOUSANDS of GALLONS of water a day to stay green?</sup>
                              <sup>https://goo.gl/maps/mFLrz</sup>
                              <sup id="cite_ref-LVRJ20090211_4-2" class="reference"></sup>

Nevada's housing market bubble was an openly public racket orchestrated by Pardee Homes and their love affair with Harry Reid.
                              Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 04-11-2014, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X