Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softly Wiping the Chalk From the Blackboard....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softly Wiping the Chalk From the Blackboard....

The 15th annual White Privilege Conference ended on Saturday in Madison, WI. As is usually the case with the locales for such public displays of white ethnomasochism, Madison’s quotient of blacks is roughly half the national average. In contrast, presumably ignorant and “prejudiced” white Southerners—the kind of people most despised by bourgeois-yet-Marxist whites who believe in fairy tales such as “white privilege”—have for centuries lived in the blackest part of the nation. It is typically whites with the least amount of experience living alongside blacks that tend to idolize colored folks beyond all reason.

I had initially planned to attend the event as a sort of performance art—dressed head-to-toe in white with an entourage of Madison’s white bikers dropping me off and picking me up from each day’s festivities—but alas, my white privilege was not so extensive that I was able to afford the financial and temporal sacrifices my attendance would have required.

According to conference founder Eddie Moore, Jr., “white supremacy, white privilege, racism and other forms of oppression are designed for your destruction—designed to kill you.” If that’s the case, privileged whites are doing a piss-poor job, seeing as how the 400,000 or so Africans who were transported to the New World in slave ships have—through the noxious evils of white privilege, white technology, and living amid a predominantly white culture—blossomed into around 40 million modern American blacks. That’s an increase of 100-1 and truly the most inept genocide in world history

Please share this article by using the link below. When you cut and paste an article, Taki's Magazine misses out on traffic, and our writers don't get paid for their work. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. http://takimag.com/article/softly_wi...#ixzz2y8ksBvNs

Reality is America has done more for black people than any other country in the world. Even today, seems most countries in Africa sit and watch the genocide and AIDS epidemic go on without batting an eye. But the help I mean is equal rights, not handout programs to keep black people dependent on a party, the democrats, that had so many back in 1964 not even vote for the Civil Rights Act and have spent years since trying to rewrite history about that.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
      Reality is America has done more for black people than any other country in the world. Even today, seems most countries in Africa sit and watch the genocide and AIDS epidemic go on without batting an eye. But the help I mean is equal rights, not handout programs to keep black people dependent on a party, the democrats, that had so many back in 1964 not even vote for the Civil Rights Act and have spent years since trying to rewrite history about that.
      Looks like Txtebow has won a convert. Congratulations BarryR you are now a thoroughly racist piece of trash like the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
        Looks like Txtebow has won a convert. Congratulations BarryR you are now a thoroughly racist piece of trash like the OP.
        You still don't get it; we are all for EQUAL rights. The pendulum has swayed WAY past equilibrium my friend; you just haven't recognized it yet and when you do, it will likely be because of a very consequential personal experience. But naïve, hypocrites such as yourself deserve your comeuppance..(" IE White privilege")

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
          yep, they enslaved them, then racially segregated them, and racially profiled them.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
            What was it he said that was racist? He made no disparaging remark about ethnicity or culture but made a fact about Africa itself. Did you just automatically assume that any response to Txtebow that didn't outright dismiss him immediately means he is racist? Please explain this without the customary "If I have to explain it you'll never get it" or "Here comes another racist" rhetoric.

Comment

Please do not support this racist by posting in his threads. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                Please do not support this racist by posting in his threads. Thank you.
                You are a hypocritical coward.

The very thing that you pretend to be an advocate against is the very thing that you willfully practice by virtue of your leftist stance.

READ the article linked in post #1; it will serve you well.

"Apparently the only way to dismantle white privilege and usher in this long-promised and long-delayed era of post-racial harmony is to be absolutely ****ing obsessed with race."

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                  What was it he said that was racist? He made no disparaging remark about ethnicity or culture but made a fact about Africa itself. Did you just automatically assume that any response to Txtebow that didn't outright dismiss him immediately means he is racist? Please explain this without the customary "If I have to explain it you'll never get it" or "Here comes another racist" rhetoric.
                  That first sentence is pretty bad. Taking the "we haven't done them as bad as other countries" angle doesn't go over well.

And why is it about what America has done for black people. I'd say that black people did a lot to build this country. I mean, that slave labor surely helped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
                    That first sentence is pretty bad. Taking the "we haven't done them as bad as other countries" angle doesn't go over well.

And why is it about what America has done for black people. I'd say that black people did a lot to build this country. I mean, that slave labor surely helped out.
                    Indeed. A terrible blight upon our history that we only began to make right via legislative action in the 1950's and 1960's.

But instead of all of the legislative programs that were designed to even the playing field and to allow a jump from poverty into the middle class helping the MAJORITY of black people, Jason in LA stands out as an exception instead of the rule.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/...ung-black-men/

- 54% of African Americans graduate from high school, compared to more than three quarters of white
                    and Asian students.

- Nationally, African American male students in grades K-12 were nearly 2½ times as likely to be suspended from school in 2000 as white students.

- In 2007, nearly 6.2 million young people were high school dropouts. Every student who does not complete high school costs our society an estimated $260,000 in lost earnings, taxes, and productivity.

- On average, African American twelfth-grade students read at the same level as white
                    eighth-grade students.

- The twelfth-grade reading scores of African American males were significantly lower than
                    those for men and women across every other racial and ethnic group.

- Only 14% of African American eighth graders score at or above the proficient level. These results reveal that millions of young people cannot understand or evaluate text, provide relevant details, or support inferences about the written documents they read.

- The majority of the 2.3 million people incarcerated in U.S. prisons and jails are people of
                    color, people with mental health issues and drug addiction, people with low levels of
                    educational attainment, and people with a history of unemployment or underemployment

Now, the current tactic to try and 'even the playing field" has shifted from access to EQUAL OPPORTUNITY to instead mandating EQUAL OUTCOMES. This is doomed from the outset. The "white privilege" theory is a means to that mandating of EQUAL OUTCOMES in order for it to gain mainstream acceptance. (for the record, I believe in WEALTHY PRIVILEGE, but there is no inherent advantage to being born as a poor/middle class white person (especially male) in the USA). IF you believe in "WHITE PRIVILEGE" you are a RACIST and you are propagating RACISM. Do you believe in "white privilege" JayinLA?

Comment

Curiosity snapped a mystery light on Martian mountain. Interesting!

Comment

I have always felt political correctness deepens racism.

Found this article about the subject.

http://www.northbynorthwestern.com/story/prejudice/

Political correctness makes racism worse, not better
                        By Jenny An2:59 p.m. April 15 2008

Even before “The Rainbow Connection,” people have wondered why we all can’t just get along. Northwestern prides itself on promoting multicultural understanding; all freshmen must attend a “diversity” session during New Student Week, and the Law School even hosts a Diversity Week. But do all these attempts to promote racial understanding really work?

A recent study by Jennifer A. Richeson, associate professor of psychology and African American studies at Northwestern, and Sophie Trawalter, post-doctoral fellow at the Institute for Policy Research, shows that whites will tend to avoid blacks out of fear and anxiety over appearing racist. The rules for political correctness that are supposed to prevent racism are not working; in fact, they’re making things worse.

“I hope that people will think about some of the side effects that may have come with external pressure to avoid behavior that could be construed as prejudiced,” said Richeson. “The norms are resulting in heightened anxiety about interracial contact and that is certainly not conducive to positive intergroup interactions, or to the creation of a less biased society.”

The world would be a wonderful place if prejudice didn’t exist, but judging people before getting to know them happens, and will continue happening. Whether it’s over ethnicity, clothing or even posture, we all subconsciously make judgments before getting to know each other.

First impressions are powerful. A study shows that the first 10 minutes of interacting with someone strongly determines how all future interactions will go. Career advisers stress the importance of a good first impression at job interviews, and Cosmopolitan stresses how important it is on a first date. These first impressions aren’t based off an understanding of a person, but on what lies on the outside.

We are all different, and making people feel like they must overlook that fact is unreasonable. It is impossible to look at someone and not recognize whether they are white, black, Asian or Hispanic. Bullying people into being colorblind will never work because ultimately, none of us can be.

Sadly, there is also evidence that, until familiar with a specific person, some level of initial fear is inevitable. Evolutionary psychologists have found that, as a result of our caveman pasts, we are fearful of those who are different than us. Research also suggests, however, that familiarity with “others” over time gives us hope to reduce prejudice. One psychological study showed that whites, when viewing pictures of black strangers, showed activity in the part of the brain that is associated with fear, which they didn’t for white strangers. When showed pictures of familiar black people, however, they did not show fear.

Racism is a natural part of human nature, but is also something we can overcome. Unfortunately, the current stigma against a natural occurring psychological reaction only creates more fear and anxiety. The white participants in the Northwestern study instinctively avoided the stimuli that made them nervous; in this case it was interaction with a seemingly threatening black person. This same pattern of avoidance has been found attached to other stimuli, such as pain.

In order to increase acceptance, what we need to address is not eradicating prejudice, which is impossible, but rather what can be done about prejudice when it does occur.
                        Last edited by baja; 04-08-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

According to a new study, zapping the spine with electricity during physical training could help paralyzed patients move again.

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                            According to a new study, zapping the spine with electricity during physical training could help paralyzed patients move again.

What do you think of political correctness wags?

Comment

Fans of the Archie comics will be devastated to learn that the freckle-faced hero is being killed off in an upcoming issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X