Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Students Fed Up With Michelle Obama’s School Lunch Overhaul — Menu-Item Snapshots Spell Out Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Students Fed Up With Michelle Obama’s School Lunch Overhaul — Menu-Item Snapshots Spell Out Why

Interesting interpretation of 'healthy' by some schools.

There is solid resistance to anything healthy in some school districts for all sorts of reasons.

Comment

I guess she is fighting obesity by making the portions small and disgusting! And this is what she is known for?

Comment

I'd love to have schhlools growing their own food.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
          I guess she is fighting obesity by making the portions small and disgusting! And this is what she is known for?
          I believe that's the school's idea of 'healthy.'

After watching Jamie Oliver vainly try and get schools to offer decent food, it's no surprise that some districts are going the extra mile to make it disgusting.

Comment

Wants more government in public school meals.

More government in public school meals. You're welcome.

Comment

But, but, but Michelle has done so much. Eh, another example of a government program where money is thrown at it and those involved feel goooood about themselves for supposedly being such a big help to humanity, but in reality, just created more waste. Michelle can help more by just staying on her hundredth vacation in some other country.

Comment

I always brought my lunch to school.

Comment

I would just send my kid with a lunch if they were that bad. You know turkey sandwich, bannana, some milk. Wham bam your done.

Comment

Spend your calories wisely - in this case on a fried sandwich with no sides. Of course the school could offer a well rounded meal with the same calories...

Comment

Do those kids have pictures of what they were eating prior to mean old Michelle stepping in?

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                        But, but, but Michelle has done so much. Eh, another example of a government program where money is thrown at it and those involved feel goooood about themselves for supposedly being such a big help to humanity, but in reality, just created more waste. Michelle can help more by just staying on her hundredth vacation in some other country.
                        GOP is more interested in taking kids lunches away. So at least you have that

Comment

The schools are now limited in the amounts of sugars/carbs/calories they can serve but they are still bound but the realities of their budgets. While Michelle Obama may have had a noble goal, schools just can't afford the luxurious variety of fruits and vegetables that she was foreseeing. They have gone back to what they served before but just smaller portions with a dessert replaced with something else.

Comment

Let the kids eat what they want for lunch as long as they eat what they are given or take to school. Wait an hour and then work their ass off in gym class that worked well at my school.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                              Let the kids eat what they want for lunch as long as they eat what they are given or take to school. Wait an hour and then work their ass off in gym class that worked well at my school.
                              make them go to gym class?

Comment

Working...
                              X