Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Beck being sued

Boston Marathon Bombing Victim Sues Glenn Beck for Defamation

A Saudi Arabian national who was injured in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings has filed a defamation and slander lawsuit against firebrand conservative commentator Glenn Beck for publicly accusing him of being the "money man" who funded the horrific attacks.

Abdulrahman Alharbi, a 20-year-old exchange student who lives in Revere, Mass., said in a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Boston that his reputation was "substantially and severely damaged" after Beck made on-air comments tying him to the twin explosions that killed three people and injured more than 260.

The lawsuit also names as defendants the broadcast companies linked to Beck's show: The Blaze, Inc., Mercury Radio Arts, Inc., and Premiere Radio Networks, Inc. It seeks a jury trial and unspecified damages.

Alharbi said in the court filing obtained by NBC News that Beck "repeatedly and falsely identified" him as an "active participant" in the April 15, 2013, attack, "repeatedly questioned the motives of federal officials in failing to pursue or detain" him and "repeatedly and falsely accused" of him of being a "criminal who had funded the attacks."

The rest http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...amation-n69116

Beck is a total POS, I hope he has to pay up.

Comment

Hope Beck gets cleaned out. He's not even a turd. He's the thing that crawls out of turds.

Comment

Glenn Beck is a total bomb thrower and hopefully this lawsuit give him pause in making outlandish statements in the future (but I doubt it)

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
          Boston Marathon Bombing Victim Sues Glenn Beck for Defamation

A Saudi Arabian national who was injured in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings has filed a defamation and slander lawsuit against firebrand conservative commentator Glenn Beck for publicly accusing him of being the "money man" who funded the horrific attacks.

Abdulrahman Alharbi, a 20-year-old exchange student who lives in Revere, Mass., said in a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Boston that his reputation was "substantially and severely damaged" after Beck made on-air comments tying him to the twin explosions that killed three people and injured more than 260.

The lawsuit also names as defendants the broadcast companies linked to Beck's show: The Blaze, Inc., Mercury Radio Arts, Inc., and Premiere Radio Networks, Inc. It seeks a jury trial and unspecified damages.

Alharbi said in the court filing obtained by NBC News that Beck "repeatedly and falsely identified" him as an "active participant" in the April 15, 2013, attack, "repeatedly questioned the motives of federal officials in failing to pursue or detain" him and "repeatedly and falsely accused" of him of being a "criminal who had funded the attacks."

The rest http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...amation-n69116
          What I don't get is that it was a lot more than Beck that accused this guy because I remember this story even on CNN. I guess he is just going after the one with the biggest wallet?

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
            Hope Beck gets cleaned out. He's not even a turd. He's the thing that crawls out of turds.
            He's a Limbaugh?

Comment

I'm not the biggest fan of Beck, but he has changed. There for a bit he was alex jones-ish, and now he's very "give me my freedom".

It's interesting to see how he has evolved. Maybe the Mormon church got him refocused.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post
                He's a Limbaugh?
                Or a Coulter. Or a Palin. They are known by many names.

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
                  I'm not the biggest fan of Beck, but he has changed. There for a bit he was alex jones-ish, and now he's very "give me my freedom".

It's interesting to see how he has evolved. Maybe the Mormon church got him refocused.
                  I'm kind of the same way. He used to be screaming about conspiracy theories non-stop and I think in this case it was one of them. Now he goes on and on about freedom's being stripped away.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                    I'm kind of the same way. He used to be screaming about conspiracy theories non-stop and I think in this case it was one of them. Now he goes on and on about freedom's being stripped away.
                    I'm just about getting ready to leave for work, and i listen to the channel he's on due to traffic reports. I've been exposed to him. There are days where i think he's a dumbass, but I never agree with anyone on everything anyway.

I get maybe 20min of exposure until i leave and then listen to Clyde Lewis' "GroundZero Radio".

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                      What I don't get is that it was a lot more than Beck that accused this guy because I remember this story even on CNN. I guess he is just going after the one with the biggest wallet?
                      Or maybe the guy went after the one that wouldn't shut up about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X