X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kappys
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
    Politics trumps science and common sense. Just like everything else. There certainly is no rational argument to categorize it as such. Every drug has risks and benifits, which must be applied when considering its indication. Most drugs have lethal toxicity potential. Tylenol, ibuprofen, asprin, caffeine, alcohol... all perfectly legal deadly poison in the right amounts. It is literally impossible to cause fatal toxicity with marijuana.
    THC is a partial agonist at the cannabinoid receptor. Hence the effect is ultimately capped regardless of dose. Contrast with K2/spice which is prepared with full cannibinoid agonists that are sprayed on the product and have been responsible for a number of deaths

Leave a comment:

• NorCalBronco7
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    There we can agree. I'm anti-prohibitionist for the most part.

But just because you think people should be free to do something doesn't mean we should blow sunshine up their asses about what it might do. Even in a more libertarian world, society still has a role to play in educating people about the risks.

It's absolutely misleading to tell people that MJ is safer than Tobacco. The best answer is that we just don't know yet. But there are more than enough similarities that a reasonable person should consider it a risk.

We can argue about safer administration methods all day. But most of those are also technically possible with tobacco as well. Cigarettes are just most widely used because they're more convenient. In an open market, you can expect the same development in cannabis as well.
    Technically, I see where your coming from. But commmon sense tells me weeds safer than cigs.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by alkemical View Post
    Dr, what's your take on the fda's stance on why it has no medical value?
    Politics trumps science and common sense. Just like everything else. There certainly is no rational argument to categorize it as such. Every drug has risks and benifits, which must be applied when considering its indication. Most drugs have lethal toxicity potential. Tylenol, ibuprofen, asprin, caffeine, alcohol... all perfectly legal deadly poison in the right amounts. It is literally impossible to cause fatal toxicity with marijuana.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBrit
    replied
    Pharmaceutical lobby

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmaceutical_lobby

Leave a comment:

• alkemical
    replied
    Dr, what's your take on the fda's stance on why it has no medical value?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    Not a single person in recorded human history has ever died from a marijuana overdose. Caffeine is infinitely more dangerous. Even water is deadly poison when consumed in large enough quantities.

Leave a comment:

• alkemical
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    I have my MMJ ID. When i went to the doctor there were all these young men and women in there. I doubt many of them had a true medical reason.
    Since the plant treats a wide variety of maladies, perhaps not.

Leave a comment:

• GameChanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
    No, it's not physiologically addictive (you don't become physically dependent on THC like you do alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc.).

It IS habit forming (i.e. people like to do it, so they do it regularly). Of course, the majority of things are habit forming to people. Should we ban exercise because someone likes their runner's high? What about video games? Should WOW be banned due to it's highly habit forming nature?
    I know it isn't physically addictive but it IS psychologically addictive like anything fun

Leave a comment:

• Fedaykin
    replied
    Originally posted by GameChanger View Post
    It is definitely addictive
    No, it's not physiologically addictive (you don't become physically dependent on THC like you do alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc.).

It IS habit forming (i.e. people like to do it, so they do it regularly). Of course, the majority of things are habit forming to people. Should we ban exercise because someone likes their runner's high? What about video games? Should WOW be banned due to it's highly habit forming nature?

Leave a comment:

• GameChanger
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    Have they proven marijuana is not addictive. It sure seems addictive to me. Just from personal experience and knowing a lot of people who tried/did quit.
    It is definitely addictive

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    Have they proven marijuana is not addictive. It sure seems addictive to me. Just from personal experience and knowing a lot of people who tried/did quit.

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    I have my MMJ ID. When i went to the doctor there were all these young men and women in there. I doubt many of them had a true medical reason.

Leave a comment:

• Rigs11
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

But just because you think people should be free to do something doesn't mean we should blow sunshine up their asses about what it might do. Even in a more libertarian world, society still has a role to play in educating people about the risks.

It's absolutely misleading to tell people that MJ is safer than Tobacco. The best answer is that we just don't know yet. But there are more than enough similarities that a reasonable person should consider it a risk.

We can argue about safer administration methods all day. But most of those are also technically possible with tobacco as well. Cigarettes are just most widely used because they're more convenient. In an open market, you can expect the same development in cannabis as well.
    People should be educated more on all that greasy food that they're sticking in their pieholes.as for MJ, most people will not smoke as much weed as they do cigarettes.

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    Marijuana has the ability to make people tolerate pain better. It hasn't been shown to deaden it like a Vicoden works but something about it does help.

Cure cancer though? I doubt it. Also no way smoking anything can be good for your lungs.

I would guess you have to eat. Even vaporizing could be bad for lungs. Who knows I doubt much has been studied.

I will say that Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are more fun to watch after a couple bowls.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by alkemical View Post
    Notice how whenever they declare war on something, it gets worse/more?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X