Marijuana can cure cancer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    Medical MJ is going to be an enigma for many years. Research will have to be done against the backdrop of widespread anecdotes, hearsay and doubts. It's one of the only times in modern history where the research will have to be done on a product already in wide circulation.

With most (modern) drug research, that doesn't happen because the drug is difficult/impossible to formulate without the manufacturer's consent and/or FDA approval.
    Why was the research hindered in the first place?

You can only replicate nature to a certain point. I still think the economics of it dictate the illegality and the attack of it as medicine. Even though it's been used as medicine...for much longer than it's been illegal in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
      Why was the research hindered in the first place? .
      Partly public perception of the dangers of its recreational use. Partly the fact that nobody wants to spend hundreds of millions to billions developing a market for a product people can grow in their back yards.

Comment

Partly public perception of the dangers of its recreational use. Partly the fact that nobody wants to spend hundreds of millions to billions developing a market for a product people can grow in their back yards.
        We also have the cognitive liberty sides of the coin also. It also seems more people are not buying the "dangers" of recreational use.

Comment

We also have the cognitive liberty sides of the coin also. It also seems more people are not buying the "dangers" of recreational use.
          I understand that. Regardless, once the federal government has declared war on something, (legitimate) private enterprise tends to shy away from investing significant resources in it.

As with many things, perception was reality.

Comment

I understand that. Regardless, once the federal government has declared war on something, (legitimate) private enterprise tends to shy away from investing significant resources in it.

As with many things, perception was reality.
            Notice how whenever they declare war on something, it gets worse/more?

Comment

Notice how whenever they declare war on something, it gets worse/more?
              There we can agree. I'm anti-prohibitionist for the most part.

But just because you think people should be free to do something doesn't mean we should blow sunshine up their asses about what it might do. Even in a more libertarian world, society still has a role to play in educating people about the risks.

It's absolutely misleading to tell people that MJ is safer than Tobacco. The best answer is that we just don't know yet. But there are more than enough similarities that a reasonable person should consider it a risk.

We can argue about safer administration methods all day. But most of those are also technically possible with tobacco as well. Cigarettes are just most widely used because they're more convenient. In an open market, you can expect the same development in cannabis as well.

Comment

Marijuana has the ability to make people tolerate pain better. It hasn't been shown to deaden it like a Vicoden works but something about it does help.

Cure cancer though? I doubt it. Also no way smoking anything can be good for your lungs.

I would guess you have to eat. Even vaporizing could be bad for lungs. Who knows I doubt much has been studied.

I will say that Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are more fun to watch after a couple bowls.

Comment

There we can agree. I'm anti-prohibitionist for the most part.

But just because you think people should be free to do something doesn't mean we should blow sunshine up their asses about what it might do. Even in a more libertarian world, society still has a role to play in educating people about the risks.

It's absolutely misleading to tell people that MJ is safer than Tobacco. The best answer is that we just don't know yet. But there are more than enough similarities that a reasonable person should consider it a risk.

We can argue about safer administration methods all day. But most of those are also technically possible with tobacco as well. Cigarettes are just most widely used because they're more convenient. In an open market, you can expect the same development in cannabis as well.
                  People should be educated more on all that greasy food that they're sticking in their pieholes.as for MJ, most people will not smoke as much weed as they do cigarettes.

Comment

I have my MMJ ID. When i went to the doctor there were all these young men and women in there. I doubt many of them had a true medical reason.

Comment

Have they proven marijuana is not addictive. It sure seems addictive to me. Just from personal experience and knowing a lot of people who tried/did quit.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                        Have they proven marijuana is not addictive. It sure seems addictive to me. Just from personal experience and knowing a lot of people who tried/did quit.
                        It is definitely addictive

Comment

Originally posted by GameChanger View Post
                          It is definitely addictive
                          No, it's not physiologically addictive (you don't become physically dependent on THC like you do alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc.).

It IS habit forming (i.e. people like to do it, so they do it regularly). Of course, the majority of things are habit forming to people. Should we ban exercise because someone likes their runner's high? What about video games? Should WOW be banned due to it's highly habit forming nature?

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                            No, it's not physiologically addictive (you don't become physically dependent on THC like you do alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc.).

It IS habit forming (i.e. people like to do it, so they do it regularly). Of course, the majority of things are habit forming to people. Should we ban exercise because someone likes their runner's high? What about video games? Should WOW be banned due to it's highly habit forming nature?
                            I know it isn't physically addictive but it IS psychologically addictive like anything fun

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                              I have my MMJ ID. When i went to the doctor there were all these young men and women in there. I doubt many of them had a true medical reason.
                              Since the plant treats a wide variety of maladies, perhaps not.

Comment

Not a single person in recorded human history has ever died from a marijuana overdose. Caffeine is infinitely more dangerous. Even water is deadly poison when consumed in large enough quantities.

Comment

Working...
                                X