Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana can cure cancer?

Hello,

I have been following this trend for a few years now by reading the medical studies as they are published.

There have been hundreds of scientists conducting various studies on the link between cancer and the use of THC oil to treat, significantly reduce the size of tumors, and in some cases cure certain types of cancers.

If you Google it, there are literally hundreds of websites with testimonials from thousands of patients that are currently using THC oil as treatment for various forms of cancer.

Here is one website that has 20 independent medical studies that support this conclusion.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...n-cure-cancer/

I am an educated person and understand that there is no money in the cure, but there is money in the treatment, which could explain why no large pharmaceutical companies are investing the hundreds of millions of dollars that are required for research. Does anyone have any experience or insight? Thanks.

Not in PA....

Comment

A cure for cancer would significantly cut into profits for pharmaceutical companies.

Comment

tommy chong claims it cured his prostate cancer.

Comment

This is why I take my daily vitamins one bowl at a time.

Comment

You guys are as bad as these "Power of prayer" a-holes.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
              You guys are as bad as these "Power of prayer" a-holes.

Comment

I guess I'm cancer free.....

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  A cure for cancer would significantly cut into profits for pharmaceutical companies.
                  This is such a stupid argument and people say it all the time like it's gospel. I work in the medical field, particularly on the supply side. This idea that all of the companies are mutually agreeing to not work on a cure for cancer so the few companies that make products that treat cancer can money is hilariously ignorant of environment.

First, there are some emerging cures for certain types of cancer and they are out right now. Certain types of infections administered to body parts can target and kill cancer cells. And honestly if a company found a magic bullet to cure cancer, they would release it and become infinitely rich. With patent laws, it would be a brilliant move. Remember that there are TONS of companies and not all of them are in the chemo or radiation tech.

Cancer isn't like one type of virus where you can create a vaccine. It's misbehaving group of cells in your own body and each respond to different treatments in different ways, just like every cell in your body that's healthy. It requires different approaches as the treatments have varying effects on the cancer cells themselves and more importantly, the organs and body parts they are attached to.

Comment

It's crazy how many people in the Cancer conspiracy theories. As if the FDA is ever going to approve of smoking something as an acceptable way to administer a drug.

The fact of the matter is it's virtually assured that smoking marijuana is carcinogenic itself in at least some sense or another. The reason it has never been outed as such is one because there's little research money for that kind of long-long-term study of what was up until this point an illegal substance. And two, there are no pockets to go after if MJ is determined to be as dangerous over the long term as tobacco.

There is no Philip Morris of Mary Jane. If one emerges, then you can bet your last dollar that people will start finding things wrong with the product. Then the conspiracy theories will start to flow the other direction.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                      It's crazy how many people in the Cancer conspiracy theories. As if the FDA is ever going to approve of smoking something as an acceptable way to administer a drug.

The fact of the matter is it's virtually assured that smoking marijuana is carcinogenic itself in at least some sense or another. The reason it has never been outed as such is one because there's little research money for that kind of long-long-term study of what was up until this point an illegal substance. And two, there are no pockets to go after if MJ is determined to be as dangerous over the long term as tobacco.

There is no Philip Morris of Mary Jane. If one emerges, then you can bet your last dollar that people will start finding things wrong with the product. Then the conspiracy theories will start to flow the other direction.
                      you don't have to smoke marijuana. you can eat it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                        you don't have to smoke marijuana. you can eat it too.
                        Yeah, the FDA also allows THC in pill form, but a lot of the medical-MJ crowd swears it's the smoke.

And I don't really care enough to argue that point. If you think it helps you, have at it. I'm just saying the FDA is never going to find it medically justifiable to approve smoking it. I read something once though about patients nebulizing it. Something like that might find approval, if it isn't approved already.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                          Yeah, the FDA also allows THC in pill form, but a lot of the medical-MJ crowd swears it's the smoke.

And I don't really care enough to argue that point. If you think it helps you, have at it. I'm just saying the FDA is never going to find it medically justifiable to approve smoking it. I read something once though about patients nebulizing it. Something like that might find approval, if it isn't approved already.
                          you obviously care if you posted on this thread. regardless I bet to wager that the amount of carcinogens in pot smoke is considerably less than that of cigarettes. the side effects versus pharm drugs is also considerably less.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                            you obviously care if you posted on this thread. regardless I bet to wager that the amount of carcinogens in pot smoke is considerably less than that of cigarettes. the side effects versus pharm drugs is also considerably less.
                            http://www.lung.org/associations/sta...marijuana.html

Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are 33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked, marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes.

Marijuana smoke is also an irritant to the lungs, and frequent marijuana smokers can have many of the same respiratory problems experienced by people who smoke tobacco. These include coughing and phlegm production on most days, wheezing, bronchitis, and greater risk of lung infection.
                            If a major corporation ever gets behind marijuana distribution, the lawsuits will start rolling. It's a virtual guarantee.

And I have no issue with Medical MJ, or legalization in general. I just chuckle at all the mystical healing hype it's accumulated during its years in the wilderness. In practice, while it may help, it will spectacularly fail to live up to these crazy expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              This is such a stupid argument and people say it all the time like it's gospel. I work in the medical field, particularly on the supply side. This idea that all of the companies are mutually agreeing to not work on a cure for cancer so the few companies that make products that treat cancer can money is hilariously ignorant of environment.

First, there are some emerging cures for certain types of cancer and they are out right now. Certain types of infections administered to body parts can target and kill cancer cells. And honestly if a company found a magic bullet to cure cancer, they would release it and become infinitely rich. With patent laws, it would be a brilliant move. Remember that there are TONS of companies and not all of them are in the chemo or radiation tech.

Cancer isn't like one type of virus where you can create a vaccine. It's misbehaving group of cells in your own body and each respond to different treatments in different ways, just like every cell in your body that's healthy. It requires different approaches as the treatments have varying effects on the cancer cells themselves and more importantly, the organs and body parts they are attached to.
                              You'd need a GMO to patent marijuana. Hence, why you can't patent nature.

But other than that, i do agree with you on some of your points. It's also a big $ maker, and money is made in treatment, and there is truth in that.

Comment

Working...
                              X