Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christian school ban's girl for looking to boyish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian school ban's girl for looking to boyish.

I don't want to get into a who loves god conversation on this.

I want to know if you feel because this is a private school, do they still have the right to kick someone out because they dress different and there is no dress code in place.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-immoral.html
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-26-2014, 02:30 PM.

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post

I want to know if you feel because this is a private school, do they still have the right to kick someone out because they dress different and there is no dress code in place.

A hard life lesson for usre, but that little girl will be less likely to buy into the religion bull****.

Comment

It's a private school, not funded by the state? So, I don't know. maybe.

Comment

Just saw pics.

That's a girl? I question her sexual preference when she gets older.

Comment

Absolutely they do. I doubt I agree with them on much of anything, but I support their right to run their school however they want.

Comment

While I do feel private schools have more rights than public schools to establish policies that many may feel infringe on some individual rights, the school handled this situation poorly.

Comment

It's a private school so yah, they can set the rules. If the grandparents don't like it, send her to public schools.

Comment

That's a man, baby!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMT View Post
                  While I do feel private schools have more rights than public schools to establish policies that many may feel infringe on some individual rights, the school handled this situation poorly.
                  It sent a letter to the grandparents explaining that the other children were confused on if she was a boy or a girl and all the school did was ask that she be dressed in a way that would allow the other kids to know she was a girl. I don't think that is a big deal at all. It's not like the school told the grandparents what she should specifically wear, they were just asking the grandparents for some help.

Comment

I think they should have the right to kick her out.

The grandparents should feel grateful that they're getting her out now, rather than letting them shape and manipulate her young mind for another single day.

And every other parent that has their children in that "school" should get their children out - like, yesterday! Seriously, how could you possibly feel comfortable having your child, son or daughter, attending a school that shows itself to be that backwards?

I unfortunately attended a school like this from 4th grade until I graduated high school. Any success I've had in my life has come in spite of the "education" I received during those years. I'm not even talking about the religious aspect of my schooling (I could talk about that, but it would be a whole different thread, and it would probably offend lots of the regulars here). It was just an irresponsibly sub-par education. During all of those years, I had one teacher for all of the subjects. The teachers made 50% - 75% of what a public school teacher made, and lots of them couldn't even pass a basic high school class in the subjects they were teaching. The average ACT score for graduating seniors, nationwide, who used the system I was in was 17. It's an absolute joke. My dad sent me there after my mom died, because he was convinced the public school system would lead me to wickedness. I get angry when I think that he actually had to pay for the worthless education I received.

Comment

They're private. They can kick you out for literally no reason whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                        I think they should have the right to kick her out.

The grandparents should feel grateful that they're getting her out now, rather than letting them shape and manipulate her young mind for another single day.

And every other parent that has their children in that "school" should get their children out - like, yesterday! Seriously, how could you possibly feel comfortable having your child, son or daughter, attending a school that shows itself to be that backwards?

I unfortunately attended a school like this from 4th grade until I graduated high school. Any success I've had in my life has come in spite of the "education" I received during those years. I'm not even talking about the religious aspect of my schooling (I could talk about that, but it would be a whole different thread, and it would probably offend lots of the regulars here). It was just an irresponsibly sub-par education. During all of those years, I had one teacher for all of the subjects. The teachers made 50% - 75% of what a public school teacher made, and lots of them couldn't even pass a basic high school class in the subjects they were teaching. The average ACT score for graduating seniors, nationwide, who used the system I was in was 17. It's an absolute joke. My dad sent me there after my mom died, because he was convinced the public school system would lead me to wickedness. I get angry when I think that he actually had to pay for the worthless education I received.
                        so you are an angry Mormon, got it. So are you now a jack mormon?

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                          so you are an angry Mormon, got it. So are you now a jack mormon?
                          This had nothing to do with Mormons. In fact, I lost most of my "friends" when I became Mormon, and went on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                            This had nothing to do with Mormons. In fact, I lost most of my "friends" when I became Mormon, and went on a mission.
                            but now you have seven wives and don't need any friends?

Comment

People are very, very stupid:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1734045

Comment

Working...
                              X