X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP senator schooled

this was awesome...

Watch This Doctor Totally School An Anti-Obamacare Senator On Health Care

Dr. Danielle Martin, vice president at the Women's College Hospital in Toronto, totally schooled Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) on health care Tuesday.

Martin was in Washington D.C. to answer questions from a U.S. Senate subcommittee led by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on different health care systems around the world. When Burr asked Martin "on average how many Canadian patients on a waiting list die each year," she answered with a fact about the American healthcare system.

"Do you know?" Burr asked.

“I don’t, sir, but I know that there are 45,000 in America who die waiting because they don’t have insurance at all," Martin said.

But that wasn't the only question Martin schooled Burr on. There was also this exchange:

Burr: What do you say to an elected official who goes to Florida and not the Canadian system to have a heart valve replacement?

Martin: It’s actually interesting, because in fact the people who are the pioneers of that particular surgery, which Premier Williams had, and have the best health outcomes in the world for that surgery, are in Toronto, at the Peter Munk Cardiac Center, just down the street from where I work.

So what I say is that sometimes people have a perception, and I believe that actually this is fueled in part by media discourse, that going to where you pay more for something, that that necessarily makes it better, but it’s not actually borne out by the evidence on outcomes from that cardiac surgery or any other.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4958164.html

Well Danielle...insurance isn't the problem and it never has been in the US. Over-priced medicine is the problem and continues to be the problem. It's people like you Danelle that won't work for free or a lower wage that makes people die without insurance. So look in the mirror..or STFU and an cash that paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
      Well Danielle...insurance isn't the problem and it never has been in the US. Over-priced medicine is the problem and continues to be the problem. It's people like you Danelle that won't work for free or a lower wage that makes people die without insurance. So look in the mirror..or STFU and an cash that paycheck.
      wow...how anti-capitalist of you

Comment

Totally schooled? , sure. The millions who lost their insurance and their doctors got schooled, especially if they voted for that empty suit in the WH.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
          wow...how anti-capitalist of you
          Kinda

I actually agree with Roh on this issue. Healthcare can't be profitable, it is naturally unprofitable...so I am in favor of one of two things. Either all government get's it's ass out of Healthcare or we go to single payer/nationalized healthcare. But don't give me this bull**** that insurance companies are the problem when clearly it's the cost of heathcare that is the problem.
          Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 03-21-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
            Kinda

I actually agree with Roh on this issue. Healthcare can't be profitable, it is naturally unprofitable...so I am in favor of one of two things. Either all government get's it's ass out of Healthcare or we go to single payer/nationalized healthcare. But don't give me this bull**** that insurance companies are the problem when clearly it's the cost of heathcare that is the problem.
            They're both a problem.

Comment

Democrat needs to go back to school she thinks the Constitution Is 400 Years Old

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lTVFQEQ7xTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                Democrat needs to go back to school she thinks the Constitution Is 400 Years Old

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lTVFQEQ7xTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                Maybe she and Palin can share a remedial history/geography class.

Comment

Working...
                X