X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Affiliate Cuts Cosmos' Reference to Evolution

All I can say is,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4958024.html

BTW, for anybody who hasn't seen it. This show is great!

Neil deGrasse Tyson is knocking it out of the park. Dr. Sagan would be proud.

And last night's episode was devoted almost entirely to evolution. I wonder how Fox channels handled that one.

Comment

It was a good episode. I liked their talks on polar bears.

Comment

I think my youth minister growing up had the best way of dealing with things like this. He would always say dinasours, evolution, things not in the bible doesn't mean they weren't done by god.

The bible never says, god never says he gives us all the answers. It all comes down to a test of faith.

People without faith will never understand but I think the believer non believer war is pretty pointless.

Comment

symptom of the media world today. heck, every media outlet edits based on their allegiance politically or economically. hundreds of thousands show up for the March For Life every year and mainstream media outlets out and out ignore it. 12 people show up to picket the Koch brothers and we get a full story from Diane Sawyer.

still, I don't know what Fox is afraid of. as long as evolution is presented truthfully (i.e., without the philosophical bullcrap that often is presented with it to draw unfounded conclusions) and with the limitations are in plain sight, it should be fully explained because there are elements of truth that people need to know, plain and simple.

Comment

in related news:

Astronomers announced on Monday that they had discovered what many consider the holy grail of their field: ripples in the fabric of space-time that are echoes of the massive expansion of the universe that took place just after the Big Bang.
            http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...ampaign=buffer

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
              I think my youth minister growing up had the best way of dealing with things like this. He would always say dinasours, evolution, things not in the bible doesn't mean they weren't done by god.

The bible never says, god never says he gives us all the answers. It all comes down to a test of faith.

People without faith will never understand but I think the believer non believer war is pretty pointless.
              Ahh yes, the divine prankster excuse.

Comment

Also satan can do things and leave signs that try and make you lose faith. You know the devil made me do it excuse.

Comment

Great story how he met Sagan as a kid ... like the guy, but I wish his narration was stronger.

Comment

The buckle of the bible belt, unashamedly censoring science since 1889.

Comment

Unintended consequences include: CURIOUS BIBLE-BELT TEENS, many of whom will seek out the deleted content because it was deleted, some of whom will believe in evolution because parents don't want 'em to.

Like Google found out in its first go-around in China: The government refused to budge on it's usual heavy-handed censorship of course, but Google managed to negotiate a marker in place of each censored result. Essentially a "THIS RESULT NOT DISPLAYED" sign. The hornet's nest of curiosity these markers sparked was (for some reason) unexpected, and the po'd government bounced Google out of there for a stretch.

Guess the lesson is: Censorship works as intended only when the end user is unaware of it.

Comment

Is a very good show. Very accessible, concise information presented well. Little heavy on the CG, and a tad over dramatic at times, but overall pretty tight.

Also isn't pulling punches or not addressing the typical willfull ignorance of a certain segment of the population...

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                          Is a very good show. Very accessible, concise information presented well. Little heavy on the CG, and a tad over dramatic at times, but overall pretty tight.

Also isn't pulling punches or not addressing the typical willfull ignorance of a certain segment of the population...
                          This is the thing I like most about it. This show just doesn't teach, it advocates for science. About time somebody just ignored the mouth breathers and started putting the facts out there.

Comment

Silliness when the political left have their own penchant for ignoring science when it conflicts with their views. Why chortle and point a finger?

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                              Silliness when the political left have their own penchant for ignoring science when it conflicts with their views. Why chortle and point a finger?
                              What science does the left ignore, like the right ignores? Examples?

Comment

Working...
                              X