Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that throwing money at disadvantaged minorites doesn't work

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=30f4b...mruHrTkMmbnX54

"Both Jermalle Brown and Douglas Bufford were gang members hired to play a small role in helping combat violence on the South Side through a program hatched by Gov. Pat Quinn’s administration.

Paid $8.50 an hour with taxpayer funds to hand out anti-violence pamphlets in their South Shore neighborhood, the two low-income teens were part-time foot soldiers in the governor’s $54.5 million Neighborhood Recovery Initiative, a program he once described as “a comprehensive and concerted effort to keep our young people safe, off the streets and in school.”

Quinn launched that program a month before his 2010 election as an answer to gun carnage in the city — even though murders that year, Chicago Police would later disclose, dipped to a nearly 50-year low.

But instead of embodying a bold new way to fight bloodshed on the South Side, Bufford is now dead, and Brown is charged with his murder, putting a dramatic and deadly new blemish on the one-time Quinn showpiece, which was pilloried last week in a report by Auditor General William Holland."

and that program got slammed by the state auditor as well

http://politics.suntimes.com/article...02252014-924pm

he state’s top auditor slammed a $54.5 million anti-violence program launched by Gov. Pat Quinn one month before the 2010 election, leading to partisan cries Tuesday for a criminal investigation into what Republicans called a Quinn-controlled political “slush fund.”

Auditor General William Holland described the governor’s Neighborhood Recovery Initiative as “hastily implemented” and said it didn’t target some of the most crime-prone neighborhoods in Chicago.

Holland found that Quinn’s administration didn’t “adequately monitor” how state grant dollars were spent or on whom; community organizations that hired people with those funds weren’t maintaining time sheets; and city aldermen dictated where funding was to be steered.

Comment

and that brings us to this : " My Brother's KEEPER program"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...others-keeper/

President Barack Obama spoke Thursday at the White House, where he announced "My Brother's Keeper" - a new initiative to help young men and boys of color succeed.

He described the program as one that "goes to the very heart of why I ran for President" and dove into his own life to explain why such an initiative is needed, speaking candidly about his father, drugs and race.

A White House official said Obama improvised a good portion of his remarks and was more emotional than many planners of the event had anticipated.

"I didn't have a dad in the house, and I was angry about it, even though I didn't necessarily realize it at the time. I made bad choices. I got high without always thinking about the harm that it could do. I didn't always take school as seriously as I should have. I made excuses. Sometimes I sold myself short," the President said.

AND THE POTUS LARGELY DIDN'T HAVE A MOTHER IN THE HOUSE EITHER; IT WAS HIS WHITE GRANDPARENTS WHO PROVIDED THE PRIMOSE PATH TO THE WHITE HOUSE FOR THIS UNGRATEFUL, UNDER QUALIFIED COMMUNITY ORGANIZER.

and this is the THANKS that she gets:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lEfehl471xY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and 80% of people on this message board support this piece of SH*T.

Comment

Working...
      X