Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfer Dude on Food Stamps

California Beach Bum Living Off Food Stamps

Jason Greenslate a 29-year-old La Jolla California surfer and musician who sings that he does not want a “mother****ing job” and has “**** no” guilt about living on $200 of what he calls “free money ” — or what the government called Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Benefits — while he avoids a job to hang out on the beach, sing and chase women.

“Wake up, go down to the beach, hang out with my friends, hit on some chicks, start drinking,” Greenslate said, describing his day. “I surf everyday. It’s wonderful, man. Just get away from everything, clear your head. Get out with the boys. Have a good time.” Greenslate said.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bP_izYhdehY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/10/th...d-his-buddies/

This again? I swear, you guys are like dogs on chains. Fox gives you a little yank, and you start barking.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
      This again? I swear, you guys are like dogs on chains. Fox gives you a little yank, and you start barking.
      So your saying this isn't true and Fox made this up?

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
        So your saying this isn't true and Fox made this up?
        Hard to say. They did the same thing with this same dude last year. Hard to believe he can still run the same scam. Maybe Fox ran out of stuff and decided to revisit surfer dude. 5,000 families receiving food stamps last year claimed "active duty military" as their profession. How many of those people does surfer dude represent? None? How many working families at the bottom of the economic ladder are represented by surfer dude? None? Well, then that means this is nothing more than Fox propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          Hard to say. They did the same thing with this same dude last year. Hard to believe he can still run the same scam. Maybe Fox ran out of stuff and decided to revisit surfer dude. 5,000 families receiving food stamps last year claimed "active duty military" as their profession. How many of those people does surfer dude represent? None? How many working families at the bottom of the economic ladder are represented by surfer dude? None? Well, then that means this is nothing more than Fox propaganda.
          He’s back in the news because he first claimed it was a temporary situation but on the follow up nothing has changed and he seems to enjoy the spotlight.

Here’s a Huffington Post link to Surfer Dude if you still feel Fox made this guy up. NPR also did a story on him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3960737.html

Comment

great example why people need to be paid a living wage and these sorts of beneits should be cut

Comment

He’s back in the news because he first claimed it was a temporary situation but on the follow up nothing has changed and he seems to enjoy the spotlight.

Here’s a Huffington Post link to Surfer Dude if you still feel Fox made this guy up. NPR also did a story on him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3960737.html
              I didn't say anybody made him up. You did. I said he doesn't represent the overwhelming majority of Americans on food stamps. And the idea that there are Americans who applaud this idea of tossing Americans off of food stamps in times like these, while the megarich are raking in money hand over fist, reveals a miserliness of spirit and just plain meanness that I find disgusting. Fox News leads in promoting that mean spirited bull****.

Comment

Faux news has covered this guy twice. Can' t they find anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                  Faux news has covered this guy twice. Can' t they find anyone else?
                  They should find a military family depending on food stamps.

Comment

So I have to ask, what was the point in this news story? What purpose did it serve to report on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
                      So I have to ask, what was the point in this news story? What purpose did it serve to report on it?
                      Before 2009 and 2010 an able bodied person (surfer dude) had restrictions on his ability to draw food stamps. Obama wiped away all those restrictions so a guy like surfer dude can continue to draw food stamps for life. Obama would like to do the same with unemployment let people stay on with no time restraints.

Cradle to Grave ........ It's the Obama motto also guarantees guys like surfer dude will pull that voting lever to keep the money coming.

Comment

Before 2009 and 2010 an able bodied person (surfer dude) had restrictions on his ability to draw food stamps. Obama wiped away all those restrictions so a guy like surfer dude can continue to draw food stamps for life. Obama would like to do the same with unemployment let people stay on with no time restraints.

Cradle to Grave ........ It's the Obama motto also guarantees guys like surfer dude will pull that voting lever to keep the money coming.
                        You think that guy bothers to vote?

Comment

First, that doesn't even come close to answering my question.

Second, you don't have your facts straight.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/08/doe...elfare-reform/

I'm assuming this long discredited line from 2 years ago is what you're referring.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
                            First, that doesn't even come close to answering my question.
                            You're right the point in this news story was to piss off liberal pussies like you, now reach around junior and pull your panties out of your ass.

Comment

The point is to show the world Obama is creating. Punish hard working people, reward people who don't work. Give cushy jobs as ambassadors to a bunch of your friends who aren't qualified and let Putin **** him in the ass on a month to month basis.

Hell Putin had an athlete who called our President a monkey in a tweet light the friggin torch. Obama is whimp. Time for him to step up and be a man.

Comment

Working...
                              X