Keystone pipeline dealt a big blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
    You don't think the Chinese science community is coming to the same conclusion everyone else is? That oil is in limited supply no matter how you slice it, and dependence upon it is a threat to national security? You don't think their science community is researching ways to solve the fossil fuel problem? So if we must RACE them to grab all the oil, why mustn't we RACE them to discover new technologies which render it obsolete?

Because it doesn't fit your Currencian argument. That's why.
    I'm sure the Chinese are wondering how much more they can take.

Comment

You don't think the Chinese science community is coming to the same conclusion everyone else is? That oil is in limited supply no matter how you slice it, and dependence upon it is a threat to national security? You don't think their science community is researching ways to solve the fossil fuel problem? So if we must RACE them to grab all the oil, why mustn't we RACE them to discover new technologies which render it obsolete?

Comical.

Enter Mr Centralplan.

"Hey Oil Pipeline Engineer guys. I know you've spent your whole adult lives designing, building, and maintaining oil pipelines. But I was watching Back to the Future II last weekend, and I really think Mr Fusion is going to be the next big thing. So I want you to quit the whole pipeline gig and learn up on some Nuclear Physics. Fluid mechanics is so last century, and I'd love a time traveling Delorean, so make it snappy."

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
        I'm sure the Chinese are wondering how much more they can take.

Overstated.

Comment

Overstated.

Imagine what an economic powerhouse China will be when massive segments of it's most educated, productive people are sick, disabled and dead from all that pollution.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
            Imagine what an economic powerhouse China will be when massive segments of it's most educated, productive people are sick, disabled and dead from all that pollution.
            "NURRR Man you libtards are really taking this pollution thing to extremes NURRR!"

Comment

"NURRR Man you libtards are really taking this pollution thing to extremes NURRR!"
              If we didn't regulate polluters we'd look just like China.

Comment

If we didn't regulate polluters we'd look just like China.
                Yeah but the regulators are no more virtuous than the regulated. Beavis will tell you that only a few people argue that point. And cut will say just look at how much money we could make without them.

Sooooo...I dunno...I think I'm convinced. Less regulation is the way to go.

Oh wait I forgot.

I'm not a ****ing idiot.

Comment

Who needs conservatives on this site when I can argue all their stupid points for them?

What else you got? Next you're going to tell me that archaeology is more accurate than the Bible or that voter fraud isn't a big problem.

Comment

Yes, Obama the "Jobs President." He even outsourced the Obamacare website. Gee, how did that go by the way?

Comment

Cheap oil fuels the economy that leads to advancement, that ends with us still on top. Force it over too soon and you risk letting China catch us.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                        Cheap oil fuels the economy that leads to advancement, that ends with us still on top. Force it over too soon and you risk letting China catch us.

Comment

Who needs conservatives on this site when I can argue all their stupid points for them?

What else you got? Next you're going to tell me that archaeology is more accurate than the Bible or that voter fraud isn't a big problem.
                          Illiteracy is a useful tool of self-delusion.

"Derailment=Car Accident"

Aherrrrrrrrpaderp.

Comment

And I'll answer it just like you did.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...2&postcount=32

"Hey, they could have just as easily been killed in a car accident!"
                            Still not sure which was Hough's #1 OM moment. This, or "St Nick was a Turk!"

Comment

lol

Comment

If ever we were going to an alternative energy, now would be the time. We've got to get rid of the internal combustion engine.
                                Specifics please?

How is this viably done? Again, specifics. That means I want to know how the infrastructure will be paid for and how it will be installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X