Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keystone pipeline dealt a big blow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    Blood is easier to clean up than oil. So there is that?
    When it comes to ruining the environment, I'm more concerned about how difficult it is to clean up the semen being spilled by celebrating right wing blowhards like yourself.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by houghtam View Post
      When it comes to ruining the environment, I'm more concerned about how difficult it is to clean up the semen being spilled by celebrating right wing blowhards like yourself.
      So which do you figure is going to come first. The majority of that 20,000 barrel oil spill getting cleaned up, or the 2nd coming when those 47 dead people will get their chance to rise again?

      Figured it was a good question, especially for you.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
        So which do you figure is going to come first. The majority of that 20,000 barrel oil spill getting cleaned up, or the 2nd coming when those 47 dead people will get their chance to rise again?

        Figured it was a good question, especially for you.
        And I'll answer it just like you did.

        http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...2&postcount=32

        "Hey, they could have just as easily been killed in a car accident!"

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by houghtam View Post
          And I'll answer it just like you did.

          http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...2&postcount=32

          "Hey, they could have just as easily been killed in a car accident!"
          Looks like you need to read that again Chief.

          #epicfail

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
            Looks like you need to read that again Chief.

            #epicfail
            Not really. If you can't see the comparison between the two, you have serious moral issues to resolve for yourself. But then again, we already knew that, didn't we?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by houghtam View Post
              Not really. If you can't see the comparison between the two, you have serious moral issues to resolve for yourself. But then again, we already knew that, didn't we?
              You complained about some people's houses being destroyed by a pipeline spill. Had nothing to do with anyone dying.

              I basically said, "Which is worse, losing your house, or being blown up in a 'derailment' " (not 'car accident')

              To the rational reader, this is an allusion to one of the widely known safety implications of transporting oil via rail instead of pipeline. That is, billions of gallons of liquid fuel rolling on super-combustible-fuel-driven all-metal vehicles through the middle of major urban areas all over the continent.

              Literally less than two weeks after I posted that, a Canadian oil train derails, killing almost 50 people and leveling more than 30 buildings.

              And yet here you are pointing back to someone Nostradamusing the whole thing for you while taking the complete opposite message from what's available to be taken.



              Even your lord and savior's not sure what to do with this kind of fail.

              Comment


              • #37
                http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0L800920140203

                Although it excluded the runaway oil train derailment that killed 47 people in Lac Megantic, Quebec, last summer, the tragedy that first shone a critical light on the rapidly expanding trend in shipping crude by rail, the findings highlight the risks or railway transport versus pipes.

                Shipping another 830,000 barrels per day (bpd) of crude "would result in an estimated 49 additional injuries and six additional fatalities for the No Action rail scenarios compared to one additional injury and no fatalities" per year if Keystone XL is built, according to the report.
                Say it with me now Proggies...

                "More Blood for Oil! More Blood for Oil!"

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                  You complained about some people's houses being destroyed by a pipeline spill. Had nothing to do with anyone dying.

                  I basically said, "Which is worse, losing your house, or being blown up in a 'derailment' " (not 'car accident')

                  To the rational reader, this is an allusion to one of the widely known safety implications of transporting oil via rail instead of pipeline. That is, billions of gallons of liquid fuel rolling on super-combustible-fuel-driven all-metal vehicles through the middle of major urban areas all over the continent.

                  Literally less than two weeks after I posted that, a Canadian oil train derails, killing almost 50 people and leveling more than 30 buildings.

                  And yet here you are pointing back to someone Nostradamusing the whole thing for you while taking the complete opposite message from what's available to be taken.



                  Even your lord and savior's not sure what to do with this kind of fail.
                  Will the pipeline replace the trains?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                    Will the pipeline replace the trains?
                    Many of them, yes.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                      Way to miss that point. Being, why would someone need to "buy" a governor to have him do what his constituency already broadly supports?

                      Pretty comical to suggest it requires some kind of criminality to get an elected official to do what his people want him to.

                      I guess the confusion you may have is about who he should really serve. The Progressive Gaian faith, or his constituents?
                      Talk about missing the point. The governor was in the bag already. They just had to figure out a way to bypass normal procedure and give the decision to him.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Most scientists who know anything about it agree that the world's coral reefs will be extinct in one hundred years. Know what that means? It means at least a billion people will lose their primary protein source. It also means that, since coral reefs are one of the primary producers of phytoplankton and plankton in the seas, if the reefs fail the entire structure of life in the sea will collapse, starting with baleen whales which will also likely go extinct. And what we are arguing about is mining tar sands to extract more oil?

                        Humans are insane.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                          Talk about missing the point. The governor was in the bag already. They just had to figure out a way to bypass normal procedure and give the decision to him.
                          By vote of the Nebraska legislature (aka normal legislative procedure) Which I'm sure you'll say was also illegitimate in the face of the ruling of some pocketed podunk County Judge.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                            Most scientists who know anything about it agree that the world's coral reefs will be extinct in one hundred years. Know what that means? It means at least a billion people will lose their primary protein source. It also means that, since coral reefs are one of the primary producers of phytoplankton and plankton in the seas, if the reefs fail the entire structure of life in the sea will collapse, starting with baleen whales which will also likely go extinct. And what we are arguing about is mining tar sands to extract more oil?

                            Humans are insane.
                            Tell me. How are more trains (and related deaths) going to save the coral reefs?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                              By vote of the Nebraska legislature (aka normal legislative procedure) Which I'm sure you'll say was also illegitimate in the face of the ruling of some pocketed podunk County Judge.
                              There was a procedure in place. Why create a new one that bypasses the existing one? Think about it.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                                Tell me. How are more trains (and related deaths) going to save the coral reefs?
                                Again, you miss the point. We have to stop burning oil and coal. Immediately. For our survival.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X