Keystone pipeline dealt a big blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    I wasn't concerned about jobs, I'm concerned about the price of gas for my 3/4 ton truck, my boat that holds 120 gallons and my wife's Escalade that averages 14.8 mpg.
    I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them.

Comment

You watch Keystone will die but they will still figure out how to get that oil south and west to be shipped to refineries. Anyone think it won't? Does nothing for global warming.

It's so laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
        I think there is another pipeline, called the Enbridge that might go in. Also pipelines still being built in other places with not a peep from Obama.

Somehow Keystone became some big issue that is another smokescreen by liberals. It looks like they are fighting the good fight in Washington, when in fact todays liberals are not friend of the environment. They just use the issue when it suits them.

Anyone who thinks the Earth will cool more under liberals the conservatives is in la la land. Literally in la la land. Being so stupid you make Christians who think Dinasours walked with man look smart.

If I vote for Hilliary maybe the Earth will cool someday. seriously.
        Enbridge is the same company that spilled a million gallons in the Kalamazoo River 4 years ago that still has not been cleaned up to this day.

But hey, Beavis says the impact was overstated, so...musta been.

Also...this is not about cooling the earth. Only the most ignorant of people (ahem) think that's what most people are concerned about. Can't really clean up tar sands oil if it spills, for one.

Comment

Sorry but the democrats took a firm stance it was to fight global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
            Sorry but the democrats took a firm stance it was to fight global warming.
            http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...lobal-warming/

Because harvesting tar sands oil (which is what the pipeline will carry) is one of the least efficient and most environmentally harmful in terms of the amount of greenhouse gases used to harvest.

Nuance. Not your strongpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
              Enbridge is the same company that spilled a million gallons in the Kalamazoo River 4 years ago that still has not been cleaned up to this day.

But hey, Beavis says the impact was overstated, so...musta been.

Also...this is not about cooling the earth. Only the most ignorant of people (ahem) think that's what most people are concerned about. Can't really clean up tar sands oil if it spills, for one.
              Here's what "impact" looks like.
              http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac-M...tic_derailment

But hey. Gaia demands a human sacrifice or 40 every now and again in service to her futile political statements. Time we just accept it.

Comment

Right wingers upset because a foreign corporation is not allowed to sneak a law onto the books allowing it to use its wealth to buy a governor and then seize American property through eminent domain. The funny thing is, they think they're fighting for American individualism when, in reality, all they are is corporate toadies.

Comment

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...lobal-warming/

Because harvesting tar sands oil (which is what the pipeline will carry) is one of the least efficient and most environmentally harmful in terms of the amount of greenhouse gases used to harvest.

Nuance. Not your strongpoint.
                  So, you want to put your buddy p-pipe out of a job? Does he know he has an environmentally harmful job that contributes to greenhouse gases?

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                    So, you want to put your buddy p-pipe out of a job? Does he know he has an environmentally harmful job that contributes to greenhouse gases?
                    Well aware of the environmental affects. You should be aware that whether the keystone pipeline built or not built will have no affect on my employment in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                      Right wingers upset because a foreign corporation is not allowed to sneak a law onto the books allowing it to use its wealth to buy a governor and then seize American property through eminent domain. The funny thing is, they think they're fighting for American individualism when, in reality, all they are is corporate toadies.
                      Uhuh. Cool story Bro.

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...NEWS/709269900

Truth is even democracy itself takes it for Gaia as her needs demand.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                        Here's what "impact" looks like.
                        http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac-M...tic_derailment

But hey. Gaia demands a human sacrifice or 40 every now and again in service to her futile political statements. Time we just accept it.
                        Nope.

Overstated.

Because I said so.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                          Uhuh. Cool story Bro.

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...NEWS/709269900

Truth is even democracy itself takes it for Gaia as her needs demand.
                          I hear Kim Kardashian is popular too.

I remember BP telling everybody, "Hey. Deep water drilling is no big deal. We've got it all figured out. Trust us. We've engineered this thing down to the bone. We're ready for anything." Then, when the **** hit the fan, they said, "Give us a break. This is all new to us. We're trying to figure it out but this environment is unprecedented." In other words, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

I remember BP telling everybody, "Hey. Deep water drilling is no big deal. We've got it all figured out. Trust us. We've engineered this thing down to the bone. We're ready for anything." Then, when the **** hit the fan, they said, "Give us a break. This is all new to us. We're trying to figure it out but this environment is unprecedented." In other words, blah, blah, blah.
                            It's classic right wing doublethink, too.

"We want less regulation!" Then when disaster strikes, it's "Why should the company have to pay? They were only following regulations!"

Comment

Nope.

Overstated.

Because I said so.

Blood is easier to clean up than oil. So there is that?

Comment

Way to miss that point. Being, why would someone need to "buy" a governor to have him do what his constituency already broadly supports?

Pretty comical to suggest it requires some kind of criminality to get an elected official to do what his people want him to.

I guess the confusion you may have is about who he should really serve. The Progressive Gaian faith, or his constituents?

Comment

Working...
                                X