Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second coal slurry spill in West Virginia in less than a month...but hey! We don't need the EPA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    If you want to know what these companies would do if there was no regulation, visit Mexico or China.

Things are always better when corporations are free to do whatever they want.
    Zero regulation being bad does not establish that limitless regulation is good.

Cost/Benefit. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
      Zero regulation being bad does not establish that limitless regulation is good.

Cost/Benefit. Always.
      Limitless?

You righties crack me up. This government is about to let Comcast buy Time Warner. Limitless regulation? They are so bought off they can't even apply the most meager regulatory function anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
        Limitless?

You righties crack me up. This government is about to let Comcast buy Time Warner. Limitless regulation? They are so bought off they can't even apply the most meager regulatory function anymore.
        Not sure that will happen, but that isn't exactly a contradiction. Maybe to clean it up, I shouldn't have used the word 'limitless' and instead inserted 'political' or 'arbitrary'

Regulation doesn't work when guided by regulators who are generally no more virtued than those being regulated, or in many cases even less so.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...a75_story.html

Some argue this government doesn't have the resources. Others argue that it just doesn't have a clue.

Comment

Working...
        X