Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second coal slurry spill in West Virginia in less than a month...but hey! We don't need the EPA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second coal slurry spill in West Virginia in less than a month...but hey! We don't need the EPA!

More gunk spills in West Virginia, turning creek black

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...#axzz2t4ayYoi5

300,000 people told not to use their water for anything other than flushing the toilet, two dozen hospitalized, hundreds treated and released.

But Beavis would probably say it's all overblown.

Shut them down so they all lose jobs. Then you can say hey look at those lazy southern staters using welfare and food stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
      Shut them down so they all lose jobs. Then you can say hey look at those lazy southern staters using welfare and food stamps.
      Or you know...better regulation?

Oh I know I know...THAT kills jobs. Pollution? That only kills people. And generally poor people, too. Who needs those ****s?

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
        Hate to break the news to you but no jobs would be lost over regulations. Greed is a wonderful thing when it comes to this. Too much money to be made,regardless of what regulations are put in place. Canada,where I work, regulates the hell out of this industry and guess what they are are hiring like there's no tomorrow. They are making billions,those jobs are going nowhere. No business,especially when it comes to oil/energy is going to be that stupid.
        Last edited by peacepipe; 02-11-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
          Hate to break the news to you but no jobs would be lost over regulations. Greed is a wonderful thing when it comes to this. Too much money to be made,regardless of what regulations are put in place. Canada,where I work, regulates the hell out of this industry and guess what they are are hiring like there's no tomorrow. They are making billions,those jobs are going nowhere. No business,especially when it comes to oil/energy is going to be that stupid.
          Canadian Job Growth In 2013 Worst In A Decade, Outside Recession

Job creation in Canada this year has been the weakest in a non-recession year in more than a decade, and the low quality of the jobs being created is causing some economists to raise concerns about the country's economy.

Looking at StatsCan’s latest job numbers, released last week, BMO economist Benjamin Reitzes notes that Canada created fewer than 175,000 net jobs in the year to date (meaning all of 2013 except December).

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12...n_4421034.html

[

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
            Canadian Job Growth In 2013 Worst In A Decade, Outside Recession

Job creation in Canada this year has been the weakest in a non-recession year in more than a decade, and the low quality of the jobs being created is causing some economists to raise concerns about the country's economy.

Looking at StatsCan’s latest job numbers, released last week, BMO economist Benjamin Reitzes notes that Canada created fewer than 175,000 net jobs in the year to date (meaning all of 2013 except December).

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12...n_4421034.html

[
            they got so much work,oil/energy,that they can't man them. How do you think it is that I'm working up there. They got people from all over the world going there for work Americans,Australians,phillipinos, people from Spain. That's just on the union side of it. As I said,regulations aren't hurting the job market in oil/energy sector.

Comment

they got so much work,oil/energy,that they can't man them. How do you think it is that I'm working up there.
              My guess is you can't find work here, that's usually why people go to Canada to work. There are plenty of unskilled and highly skilled oil/energy jobs in the United States but they have their choice of the pick of the litter candidates that apply. The ones that don't get hired in the U.S. go to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                My guess is you can't find work here, that's usually why people go to Canada to work. There are plenty of unskilled and highly skilled oil/energy jobs in the United States but they have their choice of the pick of the litter candidates that apply. The ones that don't get hired in the U.S. go to Canada.
                The 8,000 a month after taxes is why I'm there. I'm union, I don't. Need to look for work outside of when I decide to travel. I don't. Even need to fill an application to work at any oil plant here or in Canada. Except. For the visa.

Comment

BTW there is no oil/energy plant in the USA paying that.

Comment

Can't wait for the next President to apply Obama's "The Law is what I say it is" precedent in time to put the EPA on an 8-year sabbatical.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                        If only there were an enforced employer mandate to make sure that poor guy could get treatment.

Comment

fear not, there is.

Obamacare sign-ups jump to 3.3 million

Americans continued to sign up for health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges in January, with 1.1 million people picking plans in state and federal exchanges.

That brings total sign-ups since the exchanges opened four months ago to nearly 3.3 million, according to federal data released Wednesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/12/news...html?hpt=hp_t3

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs11 View Post
                            fear not, there is.

Obamacare sign-ups jump to 3.3 million

Americans continued to sign up for health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges in January

No shiate Sherlock ...... What was your first clue that people will begin to sign up?

"Oh look people with cancelled healthcare and to avoid a penalty are starting to sign up...... they must love Obamacare................ you are a true dumbass.

Comment

The 8,000 a month after taxes is why I'm there. I'm union, I don't. Need to look for work outside of when I decide to travel. I don't. Even need to fill an application to work at any oil plant here or in Canada. Except. For the visa.
                              So really you aren't contributing to America at all right now? Just hopped the border where you can complain without contribuiting?

Comment

Working...
                              X