Obama delays health insurance mandate until 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama delays health insurance mandate until 2016

White House delays health insurance mandate for medium-sized employers until 2016

The Obama administration announced Monday it would give medium-sized employers an extra year, until 2016, before they must offer health insurance to their full-time workers.

By offering an unexpected grace period to businesses with between 50 and 99employees, administration officials are hoping to defuse another potential controversy involving the 2010 health-care law, which has become central to Republicans’ campaign to make political gains in this year’s midterm election.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...5fb_story.html

Cracks me up how this law is feared so bad they have to delay in in order to get re-elected.

Comment

Single payer.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
        Cracks me up how this law is feared so bad they have to delay in in order to get re-elected.
        Obama can block the insurance mandate until 2016 for political gain and the loons on the left applaud. On the other hand Christie blocks a couple of lanes on a bridge and they get their panties in a wad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
          Obama can block the insurance mandate until 2016 for political gain and the loons on the left applaud. On the other hand Christie blocks a couple of lanes on a bridge and they get their panties in a wad.
          The hunt for false equivalencies continues...

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
            It also shows he hasn't followed the Christie story since it broke...lane closures? We don't need no stinkin' lane closures when we've got federal funds being misused.

Comment

That's putting it mildly.

Comment

Did Obama make changes to Obamcare that will help make the transition run smoothly? No, it's still the same crappy law but only delayed until after the midterms for political gain.

Comment

Comment

It's obvious that the healthcare law is seen as unpopular with the voters they need for the midterms. The poor ones they get out in national elections, but seem to not get them out as well for midterms. I don't blame them for doing it, i just think its funny they realize the law will hurt the economy so the White House wants to delay as long as possible.

Hell Obama will be gone before his whole healthcare law is up and running.

Comment

I don't see a link between Christie and this issue. But for sure you can compare how things like the IRS, NSA spying, Benghazzi were labled nothing to see here, but Christies staff playing politics with a bridge is big news.

Comment

I don't see a link between Christie and this issue. But for sure you can compare how things like the IRS, NSA spying, Benghazzi were labled nothing to see here, but Christies staff playing politics with a bridge is big news.
                        No.

For sure you can't.

Comment

For once, I agree with you.

The whole Obamacare experiment is about controlling people -- not health care.

One big cluster ****.

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                            For once, I agree with you.

The whole Obamacare experiment is about controlling people -- not health care.

One big cluster ****.
                            I don't think it's about controlling people up front. I think that comes later.

Comment

If the repubs were doing something that was causing this to be delayed the liberals would be up in arms. But because it's the dems obstructing the implementation of the full law its ok. Liberals should be pissed they make individuals go get insurance but let big money corporations off the hook.

Comment

Working...
                              X