Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama will lose more power in midterms 2014

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...house-seats-2/

Winning the Senate for repubs will be tough but obviously Obama is going to never have control of his govt again.

He's lucky he did at the start to force through his horrid healthcare law. Hey did you hear up to 30% of the people signed up haven't paid up and will be cancelled? .

There is a chance he loses both chambers. That would be sweet!

The food stamp/welfare crowd getting lazy when it comes to voting. Wow what a surprise! @bunchoflazybones

Comment

There is absolutely zero chance the Republicans win the Senate. Zero.

Keep thinking that though. I love the taste of Republican tears. They taste like a combination of shame, bad ideas and holy water.

Comment

Cutt didn't you also predict that Mittens would win the WH?

Comment

I'll bet my group of corporate slaves beats your group of corporate slaves in the next election! Go team!

Meanwhile, the Dems join in with the Repugs and cut $800 million from food stamps.

Who do you think you are, starving in my country? The nerve of some people!

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
            I'll bet my group of corporate slaves beats your group of corporate slaves in the next election! Go team!

Meanwhile, the Dems join in with the Repugs and cut $800 million from food stamps.

Which is exactly why I will never consider myself a Democrat. No backbones.

Comment

The richest 7% of American households--8 million with more than $836,000 in net worth--did quite well from 2009 to 2011.

Their average net worth rose from $2.5 million to $3.2 million, a 28% jump.

The other 93% of American households, meanwhile, lost out.

Their average net worth dropped from a measly $140,000 to $134,000.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/rich-...#ixzz2sO5mmTwm

Not only should we cut out food stamps, we should encourage the poor to eat each other.

Comment

New data assembled by Emmanuel Saez, of the University of California, Berkeley, and Thomas Piketty, of the Paris School of Economics, reveal that the top 1% enjoyed real income growth of 31% between 2009 and 2012, compared with growth of less than 1% for the bottom 99%. Income actually shrank for the bottom 90% of earners.
                http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph.../daily-chart-8

Sounds like a good time to cut food stamps to me. Let them eat cake!

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post

Comment

I'll only believe it when i see it.

IMO, As long as the establishment thumbs their nose at the Tea Party, the R's will be lucky to maintain their seats in the Senate.

Comment

I was wrong about food stamps. The final cuts to the SNAP program came to $8 billion. Ebeneezer Scrooge almost cracked a smile.

Comment

I don't care too much about food stamps. In the big picture its not that much money. I will though argue that it's republicans in the south taking all the fed handouts. That is just silly we all know all the freeloaders live in the big states, with the big money.

Freeloaders actually move to Calif because you can get on welfare and food stamps so easily.

Big deal though the money we need is offshore. Politicians on both sides talk about it but they never get it done. We need to change the corp tax system big time. It was designed for when money was made mostly in the USA.

The tax rate for international profits must be lowered to almost nothing. But then the catch would be companies have to bring a high % of those profits home to be taxed. Not leave them overseas in foreign banks.

I don't even see that as a repub/dem issue to fight on, it just makes common sense regardless of how big you think govt should be.

Comment

Where is money we currently don't get anything from?

A-printed by fed and given to foreign countries
                          b-offshore profits earned by companies and not brought back to America to be taxed.

They won't bring it back under the current law.

Comment

Also we should have never built a lot of the military **** we are doing. My friend at Northrop says the f-18 with new wings put on it out performs the f-35 lol.

All they had to do was keep building f-18 and upgrade the wings. Saves what 90 million a plane lol. That is a guess but it is a lot.

I am for a smart, strong military. Not a bloated one that wastes money.

The destoryer Obama just had to have, after Bush and Cheney cut it saying it was not needed, yeah another waste. That is unless our govt really plans on going to war with China? It won't happen and that destoryer prob never matters much, except to the shipyard that got to build it I guess.

Comment

Seems to me militarty money spread out so evenly among dems and repubs we will never get the cuts we need.

Comment

Working...
                              X