Remember the deficit? It's melting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post
    There will be a very large number who will choose to stop working or reduce hours as they are no longer dependent on employers providing healthcare coverage.

How they arrive at that number is important, not that they can't.
    A valid point, but hardly a rock solid thing to predict. There are so many confounds that immediately come to mind from a younger labor force to changing roles and responsibilities in the work place..and especially technology. Technology will eliminate more jobs and cause more upheaval the ACA IMO. Also...while they might not get their subsizied healthcare from their employer, they'll still need a job to pay for premiums. And all this analysis is based on if the ACA stays the same...which we know it won't and in ten years it might be gone and replaced with something else anyway.
    Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 02-07-2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
      A valid point, but hardly a rock solid thing to predict. There are so many confounds that immediately come to mind from a younger labor force to changing roles and responsibilities in the work place..and especially technology. Technology will eliminate more jobs and cause more upheaval the ACA IMO. Also...while they might not get their subsizied healthcare from their employer, they'll still need a job to pay for premiums. And all this analysis is based on if the ACA stays the same...which we know it won't and in ten years it might be gone and replaced with something else anyway.
      I doubt it, the ACA set universal healthcare back longer than that. I hope you're right we should've gone with universal HC to begin with.

Comment

They're all projections, and I agree, very fluid.

Comment

It's going to take 5 yrs to evaluate Obamacare fairly. We need to see the numbers over a longer period of time. Right now I heard up to 30% who signed up never paid.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
            It's going to take 5 yrs to evaluate Obamacare fairly. We need to see the numbers over a longer period of time. Right now I heard up to 30% who signed up never paid.
            According to who

Comment

So then you agree it's just a little premature for people to be saying all the doom and gloom things they have been?

Comment

Shockingly sensible statement from a conservative.

And also there are inevitable reforms to optimize the system. But if it works well enough to begin with I think the American public will be on board for keeping and improving it.

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                  So then you agree it's just a little premature for people to be saying all the doom and gloom things they have been?
                  IMO they are still arguing the ideology of it. Neither side has enough data to see if the program is going to fly straight.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the Obamacare stats at this time next yr. I think it is fair to say that there are plenty of warning signs the program is struggling to insure people any better.

It sort of looks like it just expanded medicare which is hardly a home run.

Comment

Check out the latest interview with Paul Craig Roberts.
                      http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwor...g_Roberts.html

He says the Fed will face a major decision, later this year. Will they opt to save the big banks -- or the dollar? They can't do both. Which will it be?

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                        http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwor...g_Roberts.html

He says the Fed will face a major decision, later this year. Will they opt to save the big banks -- or the dollar? They can't do both. Which will it be?
                        Didn't see his interview...the link was just his bio. Sorry

Comment

Didn't see his interview...the link was just his bio. Sorry
                          try this.
                          start here and scroll down

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwor...orld_News.html

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                            An even better oracle...

Comment

Working...
                            X