No announcement yet.

NSA diverted computers and laptops from shipping facilities to install spyware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSA diverted computers and laptops from shipping facilities to install spyware

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/2...stall-spyware/

"Der Spiegel reported on Sunday that the NSA’s “Tailored Access Operations” (TAO) has been diverting desktops and laptops shipped to U.S. consumers and installing spyware on them.

According to the report, the process, which TAO calls “interdiction,” involves intercepting packages on their way from manufacturers like Dell, Cisco, and Seagate, and installing bugs or spyware on them at a “secret workshop.”

The packages are then reintroduced into the delivery pipeline and arrive at their destination without the consumer ever realizing their machine has been compromised"

Wouldn't surprise me. It was things like this that liberals foamed at the mouth about, but these days they'd rather pretend it isn't happening since it ruins the narrative that these things don't happen when democrats are in charge.

Comment

Duck dynasty ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
        Duck dynasty ftw!
        indeed.

Comment

http://bit.ly/1cFmxsJ

If you don’t live under a rock (though you may want to now) you probably saw yesterday’s article from Spiegel that revealed the NSA has its own catalog for spy gadgets. Today they released an interactive graphic with the catalog’s contents, and even if you’re not a regular reader of Hacking & Philosophy, you’re going to want to take a look at it. I recommend glancing over IRATEMONK, in the “Computer Hardware” category. As the article explains, IRATEMONK is

An implant hidden in the firmware of hard drives from manufacturers including Western Digital, Seagate, Maxtor and Samsung that replaces the Master Boot Record (MBR).
          …[installs] hardware units on a targeted computer by, for example, intercepting the device when it’s first being delivered to its intended recipient, a process the NSA calls ‘interdiction.’

Comment

Again, this is an issue the liberals have suddenly have no interest about. Before Obama took office, just the liberals around here devoted countless threads about this, not to mention the liberals in the media and other outlets. But the NSA and our government can do about anything now with their silence. They instead would rather rehash their phony race and gay rights support, talk about Santa's color or firing people off some reality show. The liberals are showing just what I have been saying about them for years, but these "geniuses" would rather pretend they are so complex in their thinking. Yeah, whatever. Their main contribution to these subjects is to attack posters since they are afraid to comment on these matters without looking like hypocritical fools to even themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
              Again, this is an issue the liberals have suddenly have no interest about. Before Obama took office, just the liberals around here devoted countless threads about this, not to mention the liberals in the media and other outlets. But the NSA and our government can do about anything now with their silence. They instead would rather rehash their phony race and gay rights support, talk about Santa's color or firing people off some reality show. The liberals are showing just what I have been saying about them for years, but these "geniuses" would rather pretend they are so complex in their thinking. Yeah, whatever. Their main contribution to these subjects is to attack posters since they are afraid to comment on these matters without looking like hypocritical fools to even themselves.
              You're absolutely right. It was just the liberals complaining about it. Now Obama's in office and all the sudden it's an issue for conservatives.

Comment

It's official. Obama is a communist. Those that support Obama are communists.

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                  You're absolutely right. It was just the liberals complaining about it. Now Obama's in office and all the sudden it's an issue for conservatives.

, like I stated, liberals avoiding it.

Comment

, like I stated, liberals avoiding it.
                    Check post history.

Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                      Check post history.

Fail.
                      Yes, the amount of threads and posts from liberals is just staggering, especially when compared before 2009. Talk about fail. More like the usual liberal routine, "gee, I don't think I like this, but did you hear what the Duck Dynasty guy said?"

Comment

Yes, the amount of threads and posts from liberals is just staggering, especially when compared before 2009. Talk about fail. More like the usual liberal routine, "gee, I don't think I like this, but did you hear what the Duck Dynasty guy said?"
                        Yes, the amount of threads and posts from conservatives before 2009 was just staggering, especially when compared to after 2009. Talk about fail. More like the usual conservative routine, "I know it was bad under our guy, but did you hear what conservative policy the uppity black guy in office continues to support?"

Comment

This story sounds like bull**** and a complete waste of time.

Comment

Only to fascists.

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
                              Only to fascists.
                              It wouldn't work on some people. For example, I reload a new machine when I get it and typically have to upgrade the BIOS as well. So any "spyware" on there would get blanked. Plus, this doesn't sound directed at particualr people...making it an even bigger waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X