California law lets transgender students pick bathrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California law lets transgender students pick bathrooms

SAN FRANCISCO — California is preparing for the first state law in the U.S. spelling out the rights of transgender students, but it's possible the law could be suspended within days of its Jan. 1 launch if an effort to repeal it makes it onto voters' ballots later in the year.

The law is the nation's first requiring public schools to let transgender children use sex-segregated facilities and participate in the gender-specific activities of their choice.

California law allows transgender students to pick bathrooms and sports teams they identify with.

"We don't know what's going to happen when kids come back from their holiday vacation," said Republican state Sen. Steve Knight, who voted against the law. "Are there going to be 15-year-old girls talking in the bathroom and in walks a boy? What are they going to do? Scream? Run out?"

The possibility that the law could be overturned worries Ashton Lee, 16. Born a girl, Ashton recently told his parents and school administrators that he was transgender.

Ashton lobbied for the law and thinks his public activism helped persuade his school to acknowledge his gender identity when school resumed in August. He now is allowed to use the boy's restrooms. Similar adjustments have been made for five transgender classmates.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/state-...hts-law/ncT9p/

Head for the hills!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O3ZOKDmorj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I think if you have a clam you use the little girls room and if you’re swinging a clam hammer you use the little boys room and the same with sports teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
        I think if you have a clam you use the little girls room and if you’re swinging a clam hammer you use the little boys room and the same with sports teams.
        Why?

Comment

They already have this law in Colorado. It's idiotic and it's throwing the safety and comfort of women under the bus to satisfy a small minority of people. I saw a little gay guy last year in a women's bathroom at UC-D and I came within a hair of decking him until I realized he was obviously homosexual. I thought a pervert had gotten in to the room.

Comment

This is awesome for not having to wait for a bathroom. You could say hey I feel tranny today, use the girls. or vice versa ya know? . Not to mention at my old school for some reason guys didn't get doors on ths stalls and the girls did. Hell i would claim tranny just to get some privacy back then. Hell I think i only crapped once in 4 yrs at school.

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
              Why?
              Because it's safer and makes sense.

Comment

Safer how? What's to stop a guy (or girl, for that matter) from just waiting until no one is looking and going into an opposite sex bathroom to do whatever it is you people are so afraid they're going to do?

I can't imagine being so paranoid that I couldn't poop in a public restroom if there weren't a door on the stall. I also can't imagine what you would do at a sports stadium with troughs.

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                  I can't imagine being so paranoid that I couldn't poop in a public restroom if there weren't a door on the stall. I also can't imagine what you would do at a sports stadium with troughs.
                  Because men aren't the ones that are the victims of nearly all stranger sex crimes and have to worry about cameras being installed and so forth. Men are also accustomed to pissing in public already.

Want to yank out a bloody tampon and pop a fresh one in in front of an audience?

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                    Because men aren't the ones that are the victims of nearly all stranger sex crimes and have to worry about cameras being installed and so forth. Men are also accustomed to pissing in public already.

Want to yank out a bloody tampon and pop a fresh one in in front of an audience?
                    Which would be more effective at stopping all of those sex crimes that happen in bathrooms (because, you know, if it saves ONE person...): making sure that boys and girls go in separate bathrooms, or installing security cameras?

Why not take it to the next level? You know. For women's safety.

Cut was talking about a unique situation. I'm pretty sure most bathrooms have doors on the stalls.

Quit your caterwauling, conservatives. You're not going to get cooties from going to the bathroom in the same room as someone of the opposite sex. It's been done for thousands of years.

Besides...fiscally conservative people like yourselves should be all about cutting costs. Using only one type of bathroom would be a boon for school districts nationwide.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                      This is awesome for not having to wait for a bathroom. You could say hey I feel tranny today, use the girls. or vice versa ya know? . Not to mention at my old school for some reason guys didn't get doors on ths stalls and the girls did. Hell i would claim tranny just to get some privacy back then. Hell I think i only crapped once in 4 yrs at school.
                      You went to Manual High too?

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                        You went to Manual High too?
                        No lol. Houghtan probably too young to remember the days of no doors on the stalls lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                          No lol. Houghtan probably too young to remember the days of no doors on the stalls lol.
                          I can't imagine anyone that would agree this is a good law or could have ant positive impact on our children in school...... but then there's Houghtam, go figure I bet he squats to pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                            I can't imagine anyone that would agree this is a good law or could have ant positive impact on our children in school...... but then there's Houghtam, go figure I bet he squats to pee.
                            Dude, I have two toddlers. I go into the bathroom and sit down on the toilet whether I have to go number one or number two. I call it going number three. It's my only respite. The toilet is my sanctuary. Sitting to pee is the LEAST I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                              They already have this law in Colorado. It's idiotic and it's throwing the safety and comfort of women under the bus to satisfy a small minority of people. I saw a little gay guy last year in a women's bathroom at UC-D and I came within a hair of decking him until I realized he was obviously homosexual. I thought a pervert had gotten in to the room.
                              Why didn't you just shoot him?

Comment

Working...
                              X