This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taco John View Post

His beloved mother passed, and days later, he followed her, passing, I believe, in his sleep. The whole thing has had me leaking tears for days whenever I consider it. Such poetry and tragedy mixed. 54 years old. So full of life. But in an instant, he's on a whole different adventure, leaving us with his memories.

I'm blessed to have met him. I am so fond of so many of the posters on this forum - even the ones who have given me hell over the years. Hogan wasn't too rough on me, but he wasn't easy either. Always, though, a quality guy with integrity.
    That really is too sad, man.

54 is indeed WAY too young to be checking out.

Hogan and I had our trivial quarrels - mostly about about music - but such squabbles were never rancorous, and I never doubted he was a good guy with a good heart.

He will be missed.

Comment

His beloved mother passed, and days later, he followed her, passing, I believe, in his sleep. The whole thing has had me leaking tears for days whenever I consider it. Such poetry and tragedy mixed. 54 years old. So full of life. But in an instant, he's on a whole different adventure, leaving us with his memories.

I'm blessed to have met him. I am so fond of so many of the posters on this forum - even the ones who have given me hell over the years. Hogan wasn't too rough on me, but he wasn't easy either. Always, though, a quality guy with integrity.
      Sassy told me she was actually on the phone with him when he passed -- they were talking and he suddenly wasn't replying. She said his blood pressure had been high due to his mother's deteriorating health.

He will be very much missed --

Comment

Oh, that poor woman. That's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
          Oh, that poor woman. That's terrible.
          They were so good for each other -- I fully expected that one day we'd all be getting together again for a wedding tailgate ---

My husband and I were with Hogan and Sassy for the Denver/SD game in 2004 when they first met in person (they'd already met online after realizing they had a whole lot in common even beyond loving the Broncos)

Comment

Oh dear lord. That's just so tragic. I didn't even know such a thing was possible. *sigh*

Comment

I love how the resident bitches only see it as a one way road for deterioration.

LA and Wigs you come to a ****ing sports site ONLY to talk politics because you’ve been banned across the board on other sites. You haven’t had ONE football related post. I doubt you even know the roster.

Taco just delete this entire forum off the site. That way LA and Wigs wouldn’t have anywhere to sit!

Comment

I have considered deleting this forum. It is way more hassle for me and the moderators than it's worth.

Back in the early days, we had everything in a single forum, but then 9/11 happened and the politics became egregious and it was clear that a seperate forum would need to be made as an outlet away from the mane forum. It's only gotten worse since then.

If I didn't think it would be a detriment to this forum to do so, I would delete it today. But after 20 years, I'm aware of how moves like that have gone over with other forums, and the truth is that you can't eliminate politics. If there isn't an outlet here for it, it will infect the other forums. I don't think that's the right move.

We are going into the most contentious election in our modern history. We have a few options. The first is to increase moderation on this forum. I've had this option proposed to me, the idea being if we add someone to "balance" out what is perceived as "biased" moderating, we can set things right. I don't know that is the right move. I don't think more moderating is the solution.

I think the best solution is to put it on the forum, and its people.

That is to say this: come with your big boy and big girl pants on. Don't hit the "report to moderator" button unless there is violence being threatened or over the top racism that must be addressed. Or Doxxing. There are others, and we'll know them when we see them.

"He called me a racist." "He said I'm a predator."

These are not bannable offenses. These are opinions. It should not be up to our moderators to try to sort through your opinions. Our moderators are good intentioned people who try their best to do the right thing. None of them are out to get anybody.

I have asked them to abstract themselves from moderating this forum except in extreme circumstances. This is not unprecedented for this forum in an election year.

If you're going to tussle in this forum, don't threaten violence. Don't spew racism. Don't dox anybody. And don't hit the "report to a moderator" - unless you see these things. If someone has an opinion of you that you don't agree with, that's on you to straighten out, not our moderators. Our moderators have enough to do with their time than to sort out name calling in a sub-forum that is here only out of necessity.

I don’t believe the idea that it would infect other parts. This is the only sports site I know that has this much friction. Other sports sites do not have a political area, and it doesn’t affect the rest of the pages.

why do you think LA and WIGs come here for politics? Cause they can’t do it on other broncos boards. If you drop this forum I wouldn’t talk politics in main sports threads. Been here since 2005 and have I ever talked politics in main forum? Nope. Only sports.

this will continue to deteriorate the site. There’s not enough mods because you SOCAL etc aren’t here enough to mod. There only the minimal amount and she’s biased(“he call me a predator IS bannable by HER). I get your approach and IMO would’ve been great some years ago. Today? I don’t believe that to be the case. I’m all for deleting this entire area.

too many left already. Got PMs saying they left and won’t come back. More will too. That’s not going to fix the problem. Politics shouldnt be on a sport site. I have no problem coming here ONLY to talk about sports. 2 others can’t do that. See the problem there ? Coming to a sports site ONLY to talk about politics is the problem.

i bet if you took a poll on the main forum most would say delete it. The only ones who wouldn’t are just a couple of resident political posters. The mass majority of this place do not come here for politics.

Go ahead and take a poll when football starts up and others come back to the site. Guarantee it’ll skew to delete. You want to leave it up to the posters on the forum? Take a vote then.
                Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 07-11-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

I don’t believe the idea that it would infect other parts. This is the only sports site I know that has this much friction. Other sports sites do not have a political area, and it doesn’t affect the rest of the pages.

why do you think LA and WIGs come here for politics? Cause they can’t do it on other broncos boards. If you drop this forum I wouldn’t talk politics in main sports threads. Been here since 2005 and have I ever talked politics in main forum? Nope. Only sports.

this will continue to deteriorate the site. There’s not enough mods because you SOCAL etc aren’t here enough to mod. There only the minimal amount and she’s biased(“he call me a predator IS bannable by HER). I get your approach and IMO would’ve been great some years ago. Today? I don’t believe that to be the case. I’m all for deleting this entire area.

too many left already. Got PMs saying they left and won’t come back. More will too. That’s not going to fix the problem. Politics shouldnt be on a sport site. I have no problem coming here ONLY to talk about sports. 2 others can’t do that. See the problem there ? Coming to a sports site ONLY to talk about politics is the problem.

i bet if you took a poll on the main forum most would say delete it. The only ones who wouldn’t are just a couple of resident political posters. The mass majority of this place do not come here for politics.

Go ahead and take a poll when football starts up and others come back to the site. Guarantee it’ll skew to delete. You want to leave it up to the posters on the forum? Take a vote then.
                  L0L.

You're so afraid of the heaping helping of crow you're going to have to eat in November you're desperately trying to call in an airstrike on your own perimeter. Too funny!

This forum managed to police itself just fine, for the most part, before bottom feeding trolls and alt-right crybabies like you and your BF Shane showed up.

If you were to ask the mods, I'm guessing the would agree. Most people here understand what "this is a loosely moderated forum" means.

And if SoCal were around, you would probably be one of the first people he would ban.

Comment

It’s not just a coincidence that once TJAnon got sucked in and started believing that **** that the WPR has gone badly downhill.

A gross backwash, as it were.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                      I love how the resident bitches only see it as a one way road for deterioration.

LA and Wigs you come to a ****ing sports site ONLY to talk politics because you’ve been banned across the board on other sites. You haven’t had ONE football related post. I doubt you even know the roster.

Taco just delete this entire forum off the site. That way LA and Wigs wouldn’t have anywhere to sit!
                      I agree.
                      Politics and religion talks bring the worse out of people, and we all can see not even TJ is safe from personal attacks and mockery.
                      My vote is to delete it completely.

Comment

Although I have not posted much lately in the main ( broncos ) forum ( since there is essentially zero news ) I do visit this one more lately. Mainly because my wife gets upset if I say anything political on Facebook, so I can vent a bit here. I appreciate having this area to "discuss" politics and would like it to remain.

As to the recent influx of nastiness, it is related more to the pandemic and the social unrest in the country right now, in concordance with an election that is critical. Change is coming and some are just upset that things aren't quite turning out the way they envisioned it would go. As to my own opinions I am mainly expressing my opinion that the country is going to hell in a hand basket and that the current administration is a big reason it is accelerating.
                        History books ( if any ever really get written after the next 40 years) will not be kind to our general populaces arrogance and stupidity. But then what did Romans think in 300AD?

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
                          I agree. Politics and religion talks bring the worse out of people, and we all can see not even TJ is safe from personal attacks and mockery.
                          You accused me a of a crime and stated I lied about having chronic kidney disease. Shut the **** up.

Comment

Because you're a pussy who can dish it out but can't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

Because you're a pussy who can dish it out but can't take it.
                              Were you looking straight at the mirror when you said that.
                              Haha!
                              Incredible! 😂
                              Last edited by strafen; 07-11-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

We’re you looking straight at the mirror when you said that.
                                Haha!
                                Incredible! 😂
                                "We're"? Lol. What a retard.

Comment

Working...
                                X