This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum during election season...

I have considered deleting this forum. It is way more hassle for me and the moderators than it's worth.

Back in the early days, we had everything in a single forum, but then 9/11 happened and the politics became egregious and it was clear that a seperate forum would need to be made as an outlet away from the mane forum. It's only gotten worse since then.

If I didn't think it would be a detriment to this forum to do so, I would delete it today. But after 20 years, I'm aware of how moves like that have gone over with other forums, and the truth is that you can't eliminate politics. If there isn't an outlet here for it, it will infect the other forums. I don't think that's the right move.

We are going into the most contentious election in our modern history. We have a few options. The first is to increase moderation on this forum. I've had this option proposed to me, the idea being if we add someone to "balance" out what is perceived as "biased" moderating, we can set things right. I don't know that is the right move. I don't think more moderating is the solution.

I think the best solution is to put it on the forum, and its people.

That is to say this: come with your big boy and big girl pants on. Don't hit the "report to moderator" button unless there is violence being threatened or over the top racism that must be addressed. Or Doxxing. There are others, and we'll know them when we see them.

"He called me a racist." "He said I'm a predator."

These are not bannable offenses. These are opinions. It should not be up to our moderators to try to sort through your opinions. Our moderators are good intentioned people who try their best to do the right thing. None of them are out to get anybody.

I have asked them to abstract themselves from moderating this forum except in extreme circumstances. This is not unprecedented for this forum in an election year.

If you're going to tussle in this forum, don't threaten violence. Don't spew racism. Don't dox anybody. And don't hit the "report to a moderator" - unless you see these things. If someone has an opinion of you that you don't agree with, that's on you to straighten out, not our moderators. Our moderators have enough to do with their time than to sort out name calling in a sub-forum that is here only out of necessity.

"He called me a racist." "He said I'm a predator."

These are not bannable offenses.

Then why was i banned? And many other posters?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneFalco View Post
      Originally posted by Taco John View Post
      There is literally no reason to believe that any of the mods here are going to be cool with people accusing others of being pedophiles. The idea that anyone here is going to be cool with that is preposterous. We didn't make it 20 years here allowing silly garbage like that to become the norm.
      https://www.orangemane.com/forum/jib...89#post2609389

Comment

So it’s going to be the Wild West now? Cool. Yeah, I may seriously check out until after Nov.

Comment

Labf is reporting everytime someone calls him a predator? Must be tiresome for mods to be his personal army.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post
            Labf is reporting everytime someone calls him a predator? Must be tiresome for mods to be his personal army.
            Literally, we almost never hear from LABF - I could count the times on one hand.

To put that in perspective, there are posters whose reported posts this week couldn’t be counted on two hands.

Before anyone accuses me of defending LABF, I’ll point you to where I’ve defended others from what I feel are false, baseless accusations.

I just don’t care for bull****.

Comment

Ha, so the WRP is back to open season. TJ I don't see how you go from close to just shutting it down to pretty much saying the hell with it. Yeah I may just check out too and let the libbys have it.

LAPredator is a predator though. That will never change.

Sorry Mile High, don't look at this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

Literally, we almost never hear from LABF - I could count the times on one hand.

To put that in perspective, there are posters whose reported posts this week couldn’t be counted on two hands.

Before anyone accuses me of defending LABF, I’ll point you to where I’ve defended others from what I feel are false, baseless accusations.

I just don’t care for bull****.
                No matter how many times this fact is pointed out, 69braincells continues to repeat the lie.

Not unlike fellow deplorable GreatButtHurt16 and his non-stop pedo projecting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneFalco View Post
                  "And many other posters"

Martyrdom fits on you like short shorts on a rotund person. Not at all well.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

"And many other posters"

Martyrdom fits on you like short shorts on a rotund person. Not at all well.
                    Poor wee naif LINO bong boy has been a Karen since before Karen was a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post

Poor wee naif LINO bong boy has been a Karen since before Karen was a thing.
                      Notice how the conservatives on the board are the only people who cry about bans?

#Entitlement #Exceptionalism #Privilege

Comment

The departure of the normal conservatives and their replacement by 45 cultists and an army of one have definitely ****ed up the WPR.

Comment

OM WPR 2008

4champbailey, Arkie, Bob, Bronco Beerslug, Bronco Bob, BroncoBuff, BroncoInferno, Clarker, Crushaholic, Falconer, Hogan11, Dortoh, JCMElway, L.A. BRONCOS FAN, OldDude, Rascal, Requiem, Rigs11, Rohirrim, SJ Bronco, ScottXray, SoCalBronco, SonOfLe-loLang, Spider, TailgateNut, The Lone Bolt, TheDave, Tom H., Dudeskey, W*GS, ak1971, amesj523, atomicbloke, baja, cutthemdown, defenseman, elsid13, enjolras, orangeatheist, sisterhellfyre, spdirty, stugotsII, watermock, yavoon.

I count 8 or 9 still around out of these 43.

Comment

The departure of the normal conservatives and their replacement by 45 cultists and an army of one have definitely ****ed up the WPR.
                            I suspect the attacks from the radical left to anything Trump has not in any way contributed to what you’re trying to blame others of, right?!
                            You know, like the deplorables, 45cultists, the uneducated, the racists, etc...
                            Do you realize you guys outnumber conservatives on this forum, and the new people who have recently registered and participated have been mercilessly attacked?!
                            And after you attack them and they defend themselves you feel offended and immediately demand they all should get banned so you can still be around without the nuisances of facing adversity and dissenting opinions?!
                            Get real. Nothing related to politics and religion could ever end well. You just need to learn how to respect others opinions and debate them instead of using worthless memes and idiotic one-liners to disqualify one person’s opinion.
                            It sounds familiar?!
                            Yes, that’s you and LABF all together in it.
                            But it’s the newcomers fault, right?

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about the doesn’t necessarily encourage a good debate. This is as dumb and useless as it can get. What’s your point you’re trying to make?

Duke and nyuKKK are BFFs on race; Duke and der gaffo are BFFs on da Jooz.
                            Last edited by strafen; 07-10-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Yep.

This new crop of reich-wingnuts is the absolute worst ever. Just absolute bottom feeders.

You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when Beavis starts to look like an elder statesman by comparison.

Comment

Working...
                              X