Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus is worse than you think. Protect yourself and those you love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus is worse than you think. Protect yourself and those you love.

If this needs to be moved, than please do it mods. My reason for this thread has nothing to do with politics or policy. If one person changes their habits and actions because of this info, it is worth it.

The coronavirus is worse than you think. The Coronavirus has hit my area, and has hit it hard. For months there were rumors of a case here, a person sick there. Videos circulated on social media of people falling dead in the streets (including some streets I know and recognized). But it still was a small amount.

That's the problem with this virus. That's the problem with exponential growth. It's not real, it's not serious, it's not really a threat. Until it is. Once exponential growth has hit, the virus becomes a monster. It consumes like wildfire. It burns lives, families, communities. And once it has taken over, it cannot be stopped.

It is worse than you believe, and worse than you have been led to believe.

In the past few weeks. One friend has lost 2 uncles, and has a third in a hospital for 3 weeks. The third isn't expected to make it.

Another lost an uncle. Now he and his wife and son are fighting the virus. He is young and healthy, and it is kicking his butt.

Another just lost his father today.

here's the thing: most of these were 50's and 60's. Not 80's and 90's. Some had health problems common to those ages. Some were relatively healthy.

Many others I personally know have had it to varying degrees. Many have taken some precautions and still ended up sick. This is just a few examples of those I either know, or have first hand knowledge of. I could go on.

It is more contagious than you think. It is more dangerous than you think. Stay home as much as possible. Wear a mask. Avoid people as much as possible. Protect yourself, your family, your friends, your neighbors. It is dangerous for the old. It is dangerous for the middle aged. It can be spread by the young.

I have seen the devastation it causes. It is worse than you think.

guess people not mocking shanefalco for his thread anymore....

Comment

Screw off Shane, don't try to turn this thread into another whinefest about you.

I tried to make a thread at the very outset to help forum members prepare for lockdown when I saw from clients in China what was coming.

Now that I have a front row seat to this disaster, I am trying to warn those who maybe are not taking it that seriously that it is real. And it is really, really bad.

It's not about you Shane. And don't be a narcissistic asshole and try to turn it into a thread about you.

The virus doesn't care about what part of the political spectrum you fall on. It doesn't care what you believe, or what you believe to be true. It only want to hijack your body so it can move to its next victim.

Do what you can so that next victim isn't someone you care about.

Comment

You support mass riots, but now you want everyone to stay home for a virus that has a 0.1% death rate? Protect the high risk. Everyone else should go about their daily lives.

Comment

I'm at risk and have stayed pretty isolated. Father's Day is approaching and the kids and their families are wondering if they should visit.

After reading O/P, I think we'll do it by video this year.

Comment

It's not fun. I'm in my 30s and it was a few days of a pretty bad flu and then 3 weeks of a consistent cough. I was lucky/unfortunate to have had it in a hotel room so I didn't spread it to family but also I couldn't sleep/rest like I needed.

Comment

lol, this is so funny

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                You support mass riots, but now you want everyone to stay home for a virus that has a 0.1% death rate? Protect the high risk. Everyone else should go about their daily lives.

but let’s try to get 1 million people shoulder to shoulder in DC!!!!

if it’s so dangerous why are they instructing contact tracers NOT to ask the positive case if they attended a protest?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

but let’s try to get 1 million people shoulder to shoulder in DC!!!!

Let's throw parades and mandate COVID patients into nursing homes! Then let's shut down the entire USA for 3 months! Then let's organize "protests" in every US city! Then let's shut everyone in their houses until the election! You all must suffer until we win!

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post

Let's throw parades and mandate COVID patients into nursing homes! Then let's shut down the entire USA for 3 months! Then let's organize "protests" in every US city! Then let's shut everyone in their houses until the election! You all must suffer until we win!
                    You forgot about punishing the closed businesses by destroying/looting/burning them up.

it’s ok about the massive protests cause they are wearing masks!! Didn’t you know? Masks are better than a vaccine/cure cause it only costs a few dollars to stop the spread at these angry shoulder to shoulder mobs.

arrest someone for opening their business. Gladly ignore someone destroying a business while taking home a flat screen.

people have lost their God damn minds. I can only imagine the dumbass who started this thread. I can’t see cause they ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                      If this needs to be moved, than please do it mods. My reason for this thread has nothing to do with politics or policy. If one person changes their habits and actions because of this info, it is worth it.

The coronavirus is worse than you think. The Coronavirus has hit my area, and has hit it hard. For months there were rumors of a case here, a person sick there. Videos circulated on social media of people falling dead in the streets (including some streets I know and recognized). But it still was a small amount.

That's the problem with this virus. That's the problem with exponential growth. It's not real, it's not serious, it's not really a threat. Until it is. Once exponential growth has hit, the virus becomes a monster. It consumes like wildfire. It burns lives, families, communities. And once it has taken over, it cannot be stopped.

It is worse than you believe, and worse than you have been led to believe.

In the past few weeks. One friend has lost 2 uncles, and has a third in a hospital for 3 weeks. The third isn't expected to make it.

Another lost an uncle. Now he and his wife and son are fighting the virus. He is young and healthy, and it is kicking his butt.

Another just lost his father today.

here's the thing: most of these were 50's and 60's. Not 80's and 90's. Some had health problems common to those ages. Some were relatively healthy.

Many others I personally know have had it to varying degrees. Many have taken some precautions and still ended up sick. This is just a few examples of those I either know, or have first hand knowledge of. I could go on.

It is more contagious than you think. It is more dangerous than you think. Stay home as much as possible. Wear a mask. Avoid people as much as possible. Protect yourself, your family, your friends, your neighbors. It is dangerous for the old. It is dangerous for the middle aged. It can be spread by the young.

I have seen the devastation it causes. It is worse than you think.
                      Just going by where the thread is headed right now (pretty political), it's probably going to need to be moved; I'd venture to guess a little later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

Just going by where the thread is headed right now (pretty political), it's probably going to need to be moved; I'd venture to guess a little later tonight.
                        Oh look. Another mod throwing her weight to one side.

Truth is now considered political? Gtfo

what part of price/my posts didn’t happen? Cause it has.

Comment

1. The thread is on the main forum; not in WRP.
                          2. Political topics may be allowed on the main forum as long as discussions remain civil. The moment they do not remain civil, they can be -- and will be -- moved to WRP.

Comment

OP is entirely incorrect. Real studies and proper analysis show otherwise. Telling me about your family & friends don't tell us anything. You could all be fat, out of shape and have preexisting conditions.

Comment

Must censor the truth at all costs otherwise the FAKE narrative will be exposed!

Comment

Working...
                              X