• Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis City Council announces intent to disband Police Department

The country will be watching..

Lmao

Comment

Lol this should turn out well 😂

Comment

This probably allows the city to break contracts and rehire/rebuild with new rules in place. It may not be as drastic as it seems.

Comment

Good

Comment

Boy that’s awful reactionary. Is the framework so utter broken is can’t be remodeled under better leadership and accountability?

but like it has been posted, maybe not as big an overhaul as meets the eye.

glad I’m in Denver tho. Oh boy.

Comment

Did I read this right, that mpd will be fired? Who will police the city?

my god, if I was a crook, I am arming myself to the teeth and robbing every bank I can

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post

my god, if I was a crook, I am arming myself to the teeth and robbing every bank I can
                Maybe those unemployed cops will be rehired by banks and vulnerable businesses for security.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post

Please try.

Comment

I think the city cops will be replaced with county sheriff (hennipen county?). Miami did it years ago. If I was a Minneapolis PD employee I’d be gone yesterday though, f that they are on their own

Comment

These people are crazy.. there literally is no political spine in America anymore. It’s backbone has been broken and it’s just a flaccid eel flopping around from one event to the next.

Comment

Won't pass judgment until I see the new proposals. There is obviously risk is disbanding your security apparatus but they clearly felt their reform efforts repeatedly failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post

Maybe those unemployed cops will be rehired by banks and vulnerable businesses for security.
                          One ore two former cops without the backup of hundreds of other cops within minutes. I would take my chances and catch them by surprise.

Originally posted by Alex View Post

Please try.
                          I am not a thief. But if am sure many thieves will be.

Originally posted by El Minion

Camden NJ did this exact same thing and this happened...

The City That Remade Its Police Department

What Happened to Crime in Camden?
                          good job to Camden. Did they ever say how long the process was? I hope they can make it work. Watching the news has been unbearable lately.

Comment

Probably have decided it's the only way they can root out the white supremacist assholes and massive corruption in the department.

Sometimes you have to hit that reset button.

And, it's not like there wont be any law enforcement. There is law enforcement at the county and state level.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                              These people are crazy.. there literally is no political spine in America anymore. It’s backbone has been broken and it’s just a flaccid eel flopping around from one event to the next.
                              Gee, I wonder why. Hmmmmmmm. We have a scooby doo mystery here.

Comment

Working...
                              X