Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day salute to American Soldiers

• O! say can you see by the dawn’s early light
      What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?
      Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
      O’er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
      And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
      Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
      O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
      O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
      Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
      What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
      As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
      Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
      In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
      ’Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
      O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
      That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion,
      A home and a country should leave us no more!
      Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps’ pollution.
      No refuge could save the hireling and slave
      From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
      And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
      O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
      Between their loved home and the war’s desolation!
      Blest with victory and peace, may the heav’n rescued land
      Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
      Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
      And this be our motto: ’In God is our trust.’
      And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
      O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
          Funniest thing about that cartoon is that the only war that qualifies for the joke is WWII. We also aren’t a Democracy, and never were. The EC made that very clear last election no?

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Funniest thing about that cartoon is that the only war that qualifies for the joke is WWII. We also aren’t a Democracy, and never were. The EC made that very clear last election no?
            The last 3 were determined to be lost causes years ahead of their end, and we stayed borrowed and wasted lives anyway. I wonder what it was like to be a soldier fighting wars of political/ religious choice with no clear definition of winning. It’s what we do best, except for the winning I guess

Comment

A post for my two Grandfathers. Both served WW II, one Navy Pacific theatre and the other India Army Air Corps.

God bless you both. Thanks to all who severed, past and present. Many gave all. Freedom isn’t free.

Comment

Originally posted by BibleBot
                Thanks to all who severed, past and present. Many gave all. Freedom isn’t free.
                Nice platitudes.

Somehow, your walk doesn't match your talk...

Click image for larger version

Name:	101029751_10158568693570663_930584185997885440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=9KZC7psk06EAX86NzYr&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk8-2.fna&oh=a6b7189b2eb34085c54b0ab2cab8a458&oe=5EF1AFC3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	2634023

Comment

We just can’t give you nice things. Leave it to you to f’ up a Memorial Day tribute

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyels View Post
                    We just can’t give you nice things. Leave it to you to f’ up a Memorial Day tribute
                    It's hard to take your "tribute" seriously when you support a draft dodging POTUS who disrespects gold star parents, craps on American POWs, shames veterans who suffer from PTSD, uses racial slurs when addressing Native American WWII veterans, and, now, screws the men and women of the National Guard out of their earned benefits.

In short, your "tribute" is nothing but the usual platitudes completely detached from actions.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

It's hard to take your "tribute" seriously when you support a draft dodging POTUS who disrespects gold star parents, craps on American POWs, shames veterans who suffer from PTSD, uses racial slurs when addressing Native American WWII veterans, and, now, screws the men and women of the National Guard out of their earned benefits.

In short, your "tribute" is nothing but the usual platitudes completely detached from actions.
                      So you watch CNN, who cares

The reason you hate Trump is he keeps you up at night

Comment

Pat Tillman comes to mind today- there are a few moments in life when you see the actions of others and just sit in awe of their resolute belief. Or my friend who was a SEAL, and did the dirtiest work i would never have the belly for. I am for one thankful for men and women of such courage and character.

I will keep them in mind today.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                          Pat Tillman comes to mind today- there are a few moments in life when you see the actions of others and just sit in awe of their resolute belief. Or my friend who was a SEAL, and did the dirtiest work i would never have the belly for. I am for one thankful for men and women of such courage and character.

I will keep them in mind today.
                          Part Tillman, giving up a career to serve was something else. Definition of duty.

Comment

Trump visits Arlington cemetery, Fort McHenry for Memorial Day as Baltimore mayor criticizes trip

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...riticizes-trip

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyels View Post

Part Tillman, giving up a career to serve was something else. Definition of duty.
                              I'll bet he would have worn a mask to help protect his community. He would have despised Trump as well. Oh, and Pat was an avowed atheist.
                              https://theintercept.com/2017/09/28/...army-disgrace/

In fact, I'll bet everybody in the Greatest Generation would have worn masks to protect their communities. That's why they're called the Greatest Generation. They didn't whine. They sacrificed for the common good.

Comment

Working...
                              X