Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Science: Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS cononavirus infection and spread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science: Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS cononavirus infection and spread

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

And for the people who say "der, that is SARS-covid-1, this is SARS-covid-2," science already shows that HCQ has the same effect on SARS-covid-2.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-020-0156-0

Dr Mikovits agrees - and asks why this medicine is now unavailable. It's been part of the medical tool kit for many years- yet now big pharma has stopped producing it. Why? Well, because it's cheap and because it works. Big pharma and their collaborator in crime Dr Anthony Faustus (Fauci) want mandatory vaccinations of 7 billion people -- everyone on earth. Big pharma and Dr Faustus stand to make hundreds of $ billions in profits. It's about $$$$$$ and power. Welcome to the new world order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	511QZFeKBGL.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	2631456

Comment

and zero side effects !
      I use it in my fish tank and my lemonade !

Comment

He correct title of this thread is:

Science: Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS cononavirus infection and spread in non-human cell cultures in a peatry dish.

This study does not indicate (or even claim to indicate) that this drug is useful in treating c19 in a living human being. Efficacy in a peatry dish does not mean efficacy in a living host. It may not work at all in a living body, or may require a dosage that is dangerous and/or lethal or any other

It's a positive step, but this does not mean we are ready for a treatment.

Real science takes time.

Comment

Actually, you didn't read far enough. It's been used safely and extensively for years:

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
            Actually, you didn't read far enough. It's been used safely and extensively for years:

No, it's clear you didn't read and comprehend the abstract. It says the drug has been used for years, but not for SARS.

It further states that this study indicates that it predicts it will potentially be effective but that that a clinical trial is necessary to determine that.

Comment

To understand this abstract, you have to understand the following sentence:

"In conclusion, our results show that HCQ can efficiently inhibit SARS-COV-2 infection in vitro."

The highlighted words are the key.

"In vitro" means in a test tube/peatry dish or other lab situation and NOT in a living host.

This is opposed to "in vivo" which is the term used when something is tested in a living subject. In vivo studies are typically clinical trials as the abstract calls for.

In other words, they are saying "this worked in a peatry dish, so we should see if it works in a living human'.

Comment

https://apple.news/AttOCljJkS-W2aZrkLO4xCA

“An analysis showed that nearly a third of veterans at US military hospitals died when treated with hydroxychloroquine, a greater fraction than patients who received standard treatment.”

TJ spreading misinformation on his own board. Sad! And Trump is an idiot for taking it too. But I suppose it’s probably better for you than drinking bleach, so I guess that’s something, right? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Comment

This is what happens when you put a crackpot in the White House. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
                    TJ spreading misinformation on his own board. Sad! And Trump is an idiot for taking it too. But I suppose it’s probably better for you than drinking bleach, so I guess that’s something, right? 🤷🏼‍♂️
                    What I spread was science. You can take it or leave it, but it is what it is.

Comment

What I spread was science. You can take it or leave it, but it is what it is.
                      No, you spread your grossly incorrect, scientifically illiterate interpretation of an abstract.

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

And for the people who say "der, that is SARS-covid-1, this is SARS-covid-2," science already shows that HCQ has the same effect on SARS-covid-2.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-020-0156-0
                        Ugh dude this is in vitro studies and not in vivo studies. Meaning, yes it shows promise but you can’t make a definitive claim that its works because your only looking at the cells without the immune system. You only get half the picture. You need to focus on the clinical trials that were done in human patients in order to get a direct assessment.

Scientific research starts in cells lines then if successful you perform in vivo or preclinical animal trials and then if successful and safe you can do human clinical trials.

Comment

Again I’m not arguing that you can’t use the drug in combination with another drug in order to get a successful treatment. I’m saying that they way Trump has touted using the drug was tested and shown to be harmful to patient’s heart and not very effective in a double blind clinical study. There’s legit scientific data that shows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
                            Again I’m not arguing that you can’t use the drug in combination with another drug in order to get a successful treatment. I’m saying that they way Trump has touted using the drug was tested and shown to be harmful to patient’s heart and not very effective in a double blind clinical study. There’s legit scientific data that shows it.
                            Taco is far too deep in to fox news, 4chan brain rot idiot man-child zone to grok.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post

No, you spread your grossly incorrect, scientifically illiterate interpretation of an abstract.
                              He’s not even touting the right drug. Remdesivir is the one that’s been the most promising, but even there more trials and studies are needed before it can be approved and rolled out for widespread use. Sorry, but it’s just grossly irresponsible to be hyping a drug that likely won’t help you and may even kill you. It’s completely bizarre that we’re even having this discussion, but looks like that’s where we are. Dr. Trump could recommend that people start eating dog ****, and his followers would be lining up to do it. Crazytown.

Comment

Working...
                              X