Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump tweets that GM and Ford build ventilators NOW, a day after stopping them because of price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

^

L0L @ the tRump mouthpiece trying to gaslight us.

Meanwhile, here in the real world...

If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call.”

In this past Friday’s version of his marathon TV sessions—the supposed “health” briefings that have become daily hour-long substitutes for Trump’s campaign rallies—Trump said that most of the governors now requesting federal aid were friendly to him. But not all, and the ones who weren’t “appreciative” had better watch their step.

Trump was asked what he meant about being “appreciative.” His answer (as you can see starting at time 24:00 of this C-SPAN video):
      “Q. You say the governors are not appreciate of what the federal government has done. What more—

“A: [breaking in}: I think the governor of Washington [Jay Inslee] is a failed presidential candidate. He leveled out at zero in the polls. He’s constantly tripping and—I guess ‘complaining’ would be a nice way of saying it…

In Michigan, all she does is—she has no idea what’s going on. All she does is saying [whining voice] ‘Oh, it’s the federal government’s fault…’

“I want them to be appreciative. We’ve done a great job…

“Mike Pence, I don’t think he sleeps any more. He calls all the governors. I tell him—I’m a different kind of guy—I tell him, Don’t call the governor of Washington. You’re wasting your time with him.

“Don’t call the woman in Michigan….

“You know what I say, If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call.”

What would have made news about this passage in any other era?
      • First, the naked quid pro quo: What Trump is saying about the states of Washington and Michigan is more or less what led the House to impeach him last year, regarding Ukraine. That is: threatened use of federal power and favors, to reward politics friends and punish political enemies—and in this case for unconcealed, openly stated political reasons.
      • Second, the crassness and cruelty, to leaders coping with life-and-death emergencies in their home states. “A failed presidential candidate.” “She has no idea what’s doing on.”
      • Third, the misogyny: Repeatedly avoiding the name of Gretchen Whitmer, elected last year as governor of Michigan, and calling her “the woman in Michigan.” Check the C-SPAN video if you’re in doubt about the dismissive tone of these remarks, and recall Trump’s frequent references to “Crooked Hillary” and “Crazy Nancy Pelosi.”
      https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/20...chigan/608800/

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	uncontrollable-laughter-gif.gif
Views:	48
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	2597088

Comment

Name:	91101082_1475919645904696_5446988777325068288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=rqhlA4zjpNcAX-WtWDc&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk12-3.fna&oh=028ab2e4a389009b294c0943296f68ba&oe=5EA7DBB0.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	2597288

Comment

Trump Vows to Send Ventilators to Europe as U.S. Governors Plead for Supplies

President Donald Trump is so confident in the country’s production of ventilators that he’s dangling the idea of helping countries abroad by sending them surplus supplies even as U.S. governors continue to ask the federal government for that crucial medical equipment.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-vows-se...224106681.html

Comment

Add "public health expert" to this imposter's CV...

It was Jared Kushner who told Trump that New York didn't need all those ventilators

Name:	GettyImages-1088568358.jpg?1553797753.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	2598935

The hits just keep comingfor Trump son-in-law, slumlord, real estate failure and so-called wunderkind, Jared Kushner. As reported by Vanity Fair, Kushner reportedly told Donald Trump to “push back” against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, telling people in a White House meeting that Cuomo was exaggerating the need for ventilators in his state. Trump then followed up by echoing this position on Fox News, suggesting that Kushner’s belief has guided the administration’s policy on the issue.

Jared has made a point of adding to his vast store of knowledge during the pandemic, so much that he now heads up a “shadow” coronavirus task force within the White House (apparently to keep the “real” White House task force honest). As Kushner has Trump’s erratic ear, this “shadow” task force is actually vested with more power than the original one, a fact which its leader has no qualms about emphasizing.

Comment

"Government officials said." More vague sources with no accompanying substantiation.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuKKK

"Government officials said." More vague sources with no accompanying substantiation.
                      Yeah, because sources never request anonymity or anything - especially in the age of the Dumbino Crime Family.

You should ask a grownup to explain to you how media works.

Have them explain intelligence gathering, law and the Constitution while they’re at it.

Comment

US exported millions in masks, ventilators, other PPE ahead of coronavirus crisis here

Name:	BB125Ki9.img?h=834&w=1248&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1935&y=1648.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	2599422

U.S. exports of surgical masks, ventilators and other personal protective gear to China skyrocketed in January and February, when the coronavirus was wreaking havoc in the country where it began and as U.S. intelligence agencies warned it would soon spread.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...02IcHAmwNAslAg

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                          US exported millions in masks, ventilators, other PPE ahead of coronavirus crisis here

Name:	BB125Ki9.img?h=834&w=1248&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1935&y=1648.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	2599422

U.S. exports of surgical masks, ventilators and other personal protective gear to China skyrocketed in January and February, when the coronavirus was wreaking havoc in the country where it began and as U.S. intelligence agencies warned it would soon spread.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...02IcHAmwNAslAg
                          So we’re going to criticize the administration for trying to help China in January? Are you dumb?

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post

So we’re going to criticize the administration for trying to help China in January?
                            Clearly another genius chess move by a POTUS who was looking ahead to, say, March or April.

Are you dumb?
                            ^

Irony so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post

So we’re going to criticize the administration for trying to help China in January? Are you dumb?
                              "This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic." So, Trump knew it was a pandemic "long before" anybody else, and he still sent tons of our protective equipment to China?

Comment

Working...
                              X